Hba1c results back

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so I got my results back today from last week, this was my first hba1c since being diagnosed 3 months ago!

I can confirm my hba1c is 5% (31)!!!! Completely normal!!
I’m so happy, my doctor said he’s extremely pleased with how I’ve been doing, and that it’s very rare he gets a result like that so soon,.
My previous hba1c was 8.4 then 7.7 after 2 weeks of the first one.
My doctor said we will do more blood tests and that my im free from diabetes and reversed it.

I’m so happy I can’t believe it

Reactions: Listlad and Guna108

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Way Hey! Congratulations and well done.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Jessielouiseb Brilliant well done what a result for you.

Maybe if your doctor recommended your actions to other patients it would not be such a rare occurrence for him.

Reactions: ert

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
so I got my results back today from last week, this was my first hba1c since being diagnosed 3 months ago!

I’m so happy, my doctor said he’s extremely pleased with how I’ve been doing, and that it’s very rare he gets a result like that so soon,.
My doctor said we will do more blood tests and that my im free from diabetes and reversed it.

Absolutely brilliant! Well done!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Fantastic! Very well done indeed!

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is superb news and an inspiration to those of us still on our way to T2 remission .

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
im free from diabetes and reversed it.
Many congratulations but I'm sure you don't need telling that you need to keep up your good control.. You're never really "free" of it but are keeping it well under control.

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many congratulations but I'm sure you don't need telling that you need to keep up your good control.. You're never really "free" of it but are keeping it well under control.
Thankyou!
Is anyone free of anything if we don’t look after ourselves?...it was a wake up call and I’m going to try my best to keep it at bay. I feel lucky to have reversed it on a short amount of time and I’m going to continue with my weight loss journey

johnnyboy1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well done. . I know one size doesnt fit all but could you give us an idea of how you done it ? ie type of diet any exercise included. etc....

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Stunning results and absolutely inspirational. Glad your hard worked paid off.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hooray. Awesome news.

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. . I know one size doesnt fit all but could you give us an idea of how you done it ? ie type of diet any exercise included. etc....
Thanks so much and I’d be more than happy to share!

So I joined slimming world as I wanted to lose 8 stone, I have so far lost 2 stone.
With the slimming world plan you can eat as much pasta rice and potatoes - however I didn’t indulge but I certainly never cut them out either, I would have like half a cup to a cup of wholegrain rice or quinoa, 150g-200g of potatoes. I’ve always stuck to wholegrains as they have fibre compared to the white refined stuff.
I eatLOTS of veggies, I love things like stir fry’s and salads, I also eat fruit, berries are my fave and lower in sugar compared to tropical fruits.
I eat fish quite often, occasionally I eat chicken but not a huge fan of meat.

Through doing slimming world I’ve been able to have everything in moderation, so I’ve not cut chocolate or crisps out my diet, I have it less often compared to how I was before and I go for smaller bars and lighter options....

I’ve also kept checking my blood sugars, morning , before and after meals to make sure I’m keeping my blood sugars in normal range.

For exercise I like to walk, I put my headphones on and walk for 30-60 mins a day and I go swimming 2 times a week - I do want to start more strength training now though.

So that’s basically how I’ve reversed my diabetes - and I know everyone is completely different, I never followed Keto or low carb as what I was doing was working for me and I’m glad I stuck to it and didn’t necessarily ‘follow the crowd’, but you have to do what’s best for you! Hope this helped

johnnyboy1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes

So I joined slimming world as I wanted to lose 8 stone, I have so far lost 2 stone.
With the slimming world plan you can eat as much pasta rice and potatoes - however I didn’t indulge but I certainly never cut them out either, I would have like half a cup to a cup of wholegrain rice or quinoa, 150g-200g of potatoes. I’ve always stuck to wholegrains as they have fibre compared to the white refined stuff.
I eatLOTS of veggies, I love things like stir fry’s and salads, I also eat fruit, berries are my fave and lower in sugar compared to tropical fruits.

Through doing slimming world I’ve been able to have everything in moderation, so I’ve not cut chocolate or crisps out my diet, I have it less often compared to how I was before and I go for smaller bars and lighter options....

I’ve also kept checking my blood sugars, morning , before and after meals to make sure I’m keeping my blood sugars in normal range.

For exercise I like to walk, I put my headphones on and walk for 30-60 mins a day and I go swimming 2 times a week - I do want to start more strength training now though.

So that’s basically how I’ve reversed my diabetes - and I know everyone is completely different, I never followed Keto or low carb as what I was doing was working for me and I’m glad I stuck to it and didn’t necessarily ‘follow the crowd’, but you have to do what’s best for you! Hope this helped
Absolutely brilliant . this will encourage me to keep going and hopefully many others . thankyou very much for sharing

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great.

I am lined up for a confirmatory HbA1c test following my drop down to 36 in late february.

Reactions: Jessielouiseb

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Your approach is quite interesting. Thanks for sharing. It just goes to show that full blown keto isn’t always necessary.