Ypsomed difficulty

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
I wrote on another thread the experience I have with ypsomed. I've had enough of it. Simply lost the will with this as so many problems. I've asked to go back into my insight, which I understood I could do before I started this ypsomed trial.
I've been asked if I'll meet with the ypsomed rep for some trouble shooting. I don't really want to as I've had enough. I've even considered if going back to injections would be better if I can't have the insight back. I don't want to lose the use of a pump but the app with the ypsomed is so problematic and I've been on the phone with the company trouble shooting a few times.

Apart from that.... if it was more reliable.... it doesn't have other options on how to display your info for help on decision making each day.
It can't do any stack bolusing so if I'm not sure what I'm eating and I take a second bolus it doesn't want to do that and nurse agrees
It also works out what insulin I have on board and use that towards my next bolts when actually that insulin on board already had a purpose and job in hand

As someone else has said on here it's like technology hasn't gone forward in this case.... and so I use the libre and then try the app then go back to pen and paper to work out bolus etc... but if the app won't do what it's meant to do then it cant help the next bolus be accurate which has other reasons it may not be accurate anyway! Phew!!
Now I need to write this down in a more succinct way to give to my nurse and the rep although I just feel like curling up ☹️

I am grateful for the opportunity
But in the first two weeks the machine crashed and lost info and the helpline wasn't working and I had to spend ages calmly trying to fix the problem and so many errors things didn't improve a whole heap

My diabetes is hard enough to control on a good day
During this I've had some horrendous highs and month with regular horrible hypos

Onwards and upwards and hope tomorrow is better

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Hi Megan,

So sorry to hear about your experiences with this pump.
It was one of the choices I was offered recently. I didn't reject it because of bad reviews, I rejected it because I couldn't find any reviews at all. Nobody seemed to own one, or want to own one for that matter.

I think that you were very brave to have the inner strength to try a completely new pump.

I have read reviews from lots of people who choose their pump because it is the same brand that they have always used. Sort of "Better the Devil you know".

Good luck. Hope you get the pump you want.

Tigs

Reactions: megan

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
Thank you for your kind reply. That helps me because I do feel under pressure to keep this pump and I don't want to. The information seems to have changed as I was told I could do the trial but if I didn't like it I could go back to my insight. Now that doesn't seem to be an immediate option I've stopped using the mylife app that goes with the ypsomed and am using mySugr and calculating boluses in my head like I used to a few years ago

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Thank you for your kind reply. That helps me because I do feel under pressure to keep this pump and I don't want to. The information seems to have changed as I was told I could do the trial but if I didn't like it I could go back to my insight. Now that doesn't seem to be an immediate option I've stopped using the mylife app that goes with the ypsomed and am using mySugr and calculating boluses in my head like I used to a few years ago

Hi Megan,

I don't want to add to your confusion, but if the Tandem T-Slim:X2 is available in your CCG then I would recommend that you review it online.

It isn't yet available in my area, but I have badgered, weedled and begged my Team and they are trying to get one for me.

I don't want to confuse you, and I am sure that the thought of "another" unknown pump probably fills you with dread, but there are a LOT of people on YouTube who regularly post video Blogs on their diabetes who have already changed over to the X2.

If course there are lots of people who also want a patch pump and are using the Omnipod. I looked at the Omnipod for a LONG time, but in the end I still chose the X2. This surprised my Team so much that they looked at the X2 more carefully.

I will be their Guinea Pig, but I am pretty confident that I have made the right decision for me.

Whatever you decide to do, I am sure it will be good for you.

If nothing else, your post is a warning to other people, like me, who are looking at their first pump and wondering what the Ypsomed is like.

So, "Silver Lining" is that you are our Hero for testing it for us

Thanks Megan

Tigs62

Reactions: megan

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
Ah bless you for your kind words

I'm not sure how the land lays with me coming up with my own suggestion of a pump. To be honest I thought I had to take what I was offered and just be very grateful for that

sumo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi , I’m hoping to start with the Omnipod soon , reading your words Megan and capt-slog I would like to know if there is a difference between “ Omnipod system with a PDM ( that can also be put onto an iPhone ) by insulte , the one I want .
And the mylife Omnipod from YPSOMED.
I’m and have been for 20 years minimed Medtronic 640 ( new model 6 years now ) but I’m fed up ...fed up of having to buy clothes even pjs to accommodate the pump , and undoing and redoing back onto clothes when needing to bolus, stop or cut back on Basel .

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Hi , I’m hoping to start with the Omnipod soon , reading your words Megan and capt-slog I would like to know if there is a difference between “ Omnipod system with a PDM ( that can also be put onto an iPhone ) by insulte , the one I want .
And the mylife Omnipod from YPSOMED.
I’m and have been for 20 years minimed Medtronic 640 ( new model 6 years now ) but I’m fed up ...fed up of having to buy clothes even pjs to accommodate the pump , and undoing and redoing back onto clothes when needing to bolus, stop or cut back on Basel .
Hi,
There is only one Omnipod.
I believe it was developed by Insulet.

I also believe, (but I am not certain) that Insulet partnered with Ypsomed to manufacture the Omnipods. However it appears that this partnership agreement expired on 30 JUNE 2018.
At this point Insulet took over production of its product.

So, if you are concerned that Omnipod is in any way tainted by Ypsomed, don't worry because it is all Insulet now.

Hope this helps
Regards
Capt-Slog

sumo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
There is only one Omnipod.
I believe it was developed by Insulet.

I also believe, (but I am not certain) that Insulet partnered with Ypsomed to manufacture the Omnipods. However it appears that this partnership agreement expired on 30 JUNE 2018.
At this point Insulet took over production of its product.

So, if you are concerned that Omnipod is in any way tainted by Ypsomed, don't worry because it is all Insulet now.

Hope this helps
Regards
Capt-Slog
Thank you for this info , no point in me trying to buy one from Ypsomed then ... insulet are very helpful with their enquires site.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I wrote on another thread the experience I have with ypsomed. I've had enough of it. Simply lost the will with this as so many problems. I've asked to go back into my insight, which I understood I could do before I started this ypsomed trial.
I've been asked if I'll meet with the ypsomed rep for some trouble shooting. I don't really want to as I've had enough. I've even considered if going back to injections would be better if I can't have the insight back. I don't want to lose the use of a pump but the app with the ypsomed is so problematic and I've been on the phone with the company trouble shooting a few times.

Apart from that.... if it was more reliable.... it doesn't have other options on how to display your info for help on decision making each day.
It can't do any stack bolusing so if I'm not sure what I'm eating and I take a second bolus it doesn't want to do that and nurse agrees
It also works out what insulin I have on board and use that towards my next bolts when actually that insulin on board already had a purpose and job in hand

As someone else has said on here it's like technology hasn't gone forward in this case.... and so I use the libre and then try the app then go back to pen and paper to work out bolus etc... but if the app won't do what it's meant to do then it cant help the next bolus be accurate which has other reasons it may not be accurate anyway! Phew!!
Now I need to write this down in a more succinct way to give to my nurse and the rep although I just feel like curling up ☹️

I am grateful for the opportunity
But in the first two weeks the machine crashed and lost info and the helpline wasn't working and I had to spend ages calmly trying to fix the problem and so many errors things didn't improve a whole heap

My diabetes is hard enough to control on a good day
During this I've had some horrendous highs and month with regular horrible hypos

Onwards and upwards and hope tomorrow is better

Hi Megan I’ve only just caught up with your post about the Ypsopump our messages must have been close together but I missed yours

I trialed the pump and thought it was reasonable I’m meant to go on mine on the 8 August but Now I’ve got some doubts ☹️

Ive been pumping for the last 20 years, last 8 was the Insight but as I’m use to it and as it’s so flipping slow on the handset etc I decided to change now like you when I trialed there wasn’t any reviews at all.

I think I’ll contact my clinic just to see what options there are or if once the deals done there’s no return.