Update HBA1C 2nd test

Devonmade

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
meat
Just to give an update and hopefully also give encouragement to those who have just started, like me, I was around March time this year. My first HBA1C was 65, my 2nd test is 46. To say I am very pleased is an understatement. Especially as I had reaction to this tablet prescribed, then was told to take one and not to increase it, which I only found out about by fluke. So I have been taking Metformin ER, 2 x a day. No statins. I have lost a stone, which I would feel better if I could now shift some more but it has been a very steep learning curve. I definately think, from reading on here, it is more difficult being vegetarian and I also avoid dairy, I am very reactive to lactose. But it can be done :)

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good stuff!

Wish me luck for my next one next week, the last being at the end of February.

Reactions: Devonmade

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Just to give an update and hopefully also give encouragement to those who have just started, like me, I was around March time this year. My first HBA1C was 65, my 2nd test is 46. To say I am very pleased is an understatement. Especially as I had reaction to this tablet prescribed, then was told to take one and not to increase it, which I only found out about by fluke. So I have been taking Metformin ER, 2 x a day. No statins. I have lost a stone, which I would feel better if I could now shift some more but it has been a very steep learning curve. I definately think, from reading on here, it is more difficult being vegetarian and I also avoid dairy, I am very reactive to lactose. But it can be done :)
Off to a fantastic start, super happy about this!

Reactions: Devonmade

Devonmade

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
meat
thanks both - wishing you both luck too. I did have, what I now know to be, a diabetic burnout, in the middle so it just shows as long as you (me) are sensible, its all fine.

Reactions: jjraak