Scanning libre freestyle through phone case

charleym

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I currently have a silicon case on my phone. I can't scan the libre through it so have to remove the case every time, resulting today in me dropping the phone and smashing the screen.

Can you scan through plastic cases? I dont want to buy a new one if I'll just have the same problem.

Thanks, Charley

D

Deleted Account

I assume it depends on the strength of the NFC receiver on your phone.
I have a plastic / silicon case on my phone and have no problem scanning my Libre.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am using an iPhone 7 plus with a silicone case and a screen protector and have no problems scanning my Libre

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I currently have a silicon case on my phone. I can't scan the libre through it so have to remove the case every time, resulting today in me dropping the phone and smashing the screen.

Can you scan through plastic cases? I dont want to buy a new one if I'll just have the same problem.

Thanks, Charley
Mine scans through silicone case plus waterproofish bag, 2 pullovers and a sailing coat. Both my old Samsungs S3 mini and J3 and my equally cheap Huawei smart plus.
I found it differs where you hold the phone to your sensor, though. With the Samsungs it was backside in the top, with the Huawei I have to press the top side of the phone to the sensor.
Hope you find a solution, smashing your screen *****.

charleym

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a Samsung galaxy 8. Maybe I just have an extra thick case then and need a thinner one. It certainly dont scan through a coat!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf has S9+ and I have an iphone 7, both with rubber cases on and it scans just fine. The cases don’t cover the NFC area to scan though.

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
My s7 is in a rugged tough case sitting in rubber aluminum and 1mm glass.. no problem scanning.

Can drop it throw it wont break phone...