Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was quite disappointed that Tescos didn’t have any strawberries and bananas, but I still bought Oatly cream and Alpro plain yogurt. I guess I’ll eat it plain.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A tentative good morning everyone, grey and more grey.
On a much more positive note, Madam got smacked at 1am this morning so we woke to a half decent BG
Fish for supper means a trip into town, hake if Ken's got any. If it stays dry, more work in the garden ie weeding which I hate. It seems not matter how often I get out there, the weeds have sprung up overnight............... bindweed being a particular pain and a tip visit.
I've said it before but I don't know how I managed the garden and a job
Photo is from before the wind
IMG_2703.JPG

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, I was 5.6 last night and woke up on 13.7 :eek:
I also woke up in a lot of pain, I put my money on period monster.

Reactions: karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I would much prefer to control things with food than insulin

Hi @Gaffer type 1 - welcome to the madhouse!

I agree to some extent but think there's a happy medium to be reached - you're never gonna control T1 with diet alone, so sometime you might as well go with the flow.

Most of the time I'm around 80g of carb a day, then occasionally (if I feel unwell or really really p'd off) I'm gonna eat. And I pretty generally eat the breadbin, the biscuit barrel and then the fridge. Heck, even the dogs steer clear..... My other half says food is a great pleasure in life, insulin and dose adjustment is supposed to mean I can live normally - so, it won't do any harm to have a bash at that now and again. That's when curry or pasta happens .... and I will admit I make nice cakes!

But smaller amounts of carb mean smaller amounts of insulin which mean smaller errors, and I do believe that. But we cook a lot ......

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning friends, I was 5.6 last night and woke up on 13.7 :eek:
I also woke up in a lot of pain, I put my money on period monster.

Morning - I was 6.3 on rising. Yippee!!

Gotta got to Sainsburys before the rush of mums arrives. Back later.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

Back in work so back on the forum :)
Only been in two minutes and had to sort a couple of problems out ~sigh~

Also connected to my PC as I'm trying, very slowly, to recharge my MiaoMiao which for some reason dropped to 20% charge only the cable is very short so I have limited movement :hilarious:.

Oh well.

Hey @MeiChanski what's cooking for breakfast?

Hello @Gaffer type 1 welcome to the slightly nutty side of the forum. :)

I got some lindas cooking and a possible salad on a bun. I might not have a bun and have plain soy yogurt with an apple. Iced coffee to wash it all down.
How are you?
Oh dear, I hope you have everything at arms length

Reactions: kitedoc

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For some reason I’m very excited to pick up my clinical sharps bin from the pharmacy today.

Reactions: WuTwo

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Also connected to my PC as I'm trying, very slowly, to recharge my MiaoMiao which for some reason dropped to 20% charge only the cable is very short so I have limited movement :hilarious:.
Charge it using a battery pack in a pocket. Or you could tuck it into your bra like me and @porl69 do ;)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I want some coffee.
The coffee is made and in a travel cup by the front door in case I got a work call.
Which I didn’t.
But I’m covered in cats.

Send help please.