Insulin Resistance Test

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mbaker
Why would you prefer her result to your own? in my opinion your result is better, as it is confirmed by your low and optimal fasting glucose, that's because though your Homa IR is higher, your Homa B is a perfect 148%

I make @Mbaker ‘s IR close to 1, ie the calculated and calibrated normal. So that and a great fasting number are scores I’d like too please.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
@Mbaker
Why would you prefer her result to your own? in my opinion your result is better, as it is confirmed by your low and optimal fasting glucose, that's because though your Homa IR is higher, your Homa B is a perfect 148%
This is a really good debating point. Basically I would prefer the fasting glucose to be maximally in the 5's, but the circulating insulin number (if maintained) will help to keep weight stable, reduce the chances of cancer, heart attacks, strokes, and help break any cycle of insulin resistance. As I like sports it would not be unusual to run slightly higher fbg, I would be more concerned with post prandial rises being small and short lived.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just curious, what is your 1hr after meal? IR has more to do with controlling after meal instead of fasting

To answer your question, I had very late lunch of rump steak, egg and side salad. Before this meal I was down to 4.6.
After an hour 5.8. Two hours 6.7.
If history repeats itself, I will be rising steadily until I get up in the morning.

bisalimo

To answer your question, I had very late lunch of rump steak, egg and side salad. Before this meal I was down to 4.6.
If history repeats itself, I will be rising steadily until I get up in the morning.
Ehm, that's a bit strange, so your pre meal is a perfect 4.6, perhaps when you had IR test your fasting was high because you did morning walk, some people tend to have higher bg when they exercise on empty stomach because their liver provide glucose to prevent hypo

Now about after meal, your 1hr n 2hr after meal is well within normal range these prove that you are indeed insulin sensitive

bisalimo

What do you mean by "I will be rising steadily until I get up in the morning"? My bs always return to eAG (estimated Average Glucose), that is the conversion of HbA1c, three and a half hours after meal.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What do you mean by "I will be rising steadily until I get up in the morning"? My bs always return to eAG (estimated Average Glucose), that is the conversion of HbA1c, three and a half hours after meal.
As predicted my BS was 8.7 this morning at 6 am, despite not having eaten after 5pm. According to my Libre there is a steady rise all night. A walk and bacon and eggs brought it down to 6.3. It is slow but it will come down further until I eat again this afternoon and then it’s ground hog day.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
8.7 after fasting for 13 hours and very optimal IR means you are definitely insulin deficient

Thank you. That confirms my medichecks results in the original post. Although looking on the bright side my insulin production is just a fraction under.
But I guess I may have to supplement my insulin some time in the future and become a tyoe2 with insulin.