What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 2 of my holibobs :)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: bacon and leafy salad with two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon at Starbucks: Jaffa carb killa bar and a coconut cappuccino.
Dinner at Bella Italia: Gamberoni Spirali (spiralized carrot, golden beetroot and courgette with king prawns and fresh green chilli in a spicy garlic and tomato sauce) with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan, followed by a CCB with cream back in our lodge.

D6CCA999-D18E-41D0-971D-ED19F9AE7E72.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
hi everyone, sorry have not been interactive, not enough hours in the day, or data either (we ran out yesterday ) months supply gone :eek:
will try to do better

Reactions: gennepher and Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2 of my holibobs :)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: bacon and leafy salad with two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon at Starbucks: Jaffa carb killa bar and a coconut cappuccino.
Dinner at Bella Italia: Gamberoni Spirali (spiralized carrot, golden beetroot and courgette with king prawns and fresh green chilli in a spicy garlic and tomato sauce) with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan, followed by a CCB with cream back in our lodge.

View attachment 33774

How many carbs in that Bella Pasta dish? It Looks great. We have a branch in our high street but I’ve not thought of trying it since going low carb.
Glad the holiday is going well.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Grandsons curried goat brew.
Dinner: Mutton chops, veggies and gravy.
Breakfast: Cheesey mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea, water.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast - cold chicken breast with lemon/olive oil dressing
Lunch - 1 small pear, about 1 oz cheddar cheese and the same of coconut cheese substitute plus about 50 ml Greek yoghurt.
Dinner - 3 lamb chops and 3 tbsp roasted vegetables.
Finally got my BS down from 8.7 this morning to 6.9 after dinner.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
That picture of the Bella Italia meal looks gorgeous. I will have to investigate to find where my nearest one is.

Miserable rainy day here!! Still no ripe strawberries in the garden and the new garden table and chairs have never been used but Mr C noticed a spot of rust developing on one of the chairs. Is this the wettest 'summer' we've ever had?

Today....

Breakfast: bacon and eggs

Lunch: None

Dinner: the remainder of yesterday's roast chicken (cold) with a green salad and some Hellmans mayo mixed with a little Pataks aubergine chutney (inspired by @Brunneria 's lunches)

Drinks: one mug black decaff coffee and lots of water

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Black coffee
Some dark chocolate

Eggs and cheese thrown in microwave

Some dark chocolate
cwc

Frozen blueberries and raspberries with a dash of sherry and cream

cwc

Mug tea

Mug tea

Two slices roast beef and two boiled eggs with 3teaspoons cold baked beans, and button mushrooms cooked in butter

Mug tea

3 bottles Water each with pinch salt or lemon juice or bit tonic water

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,
Today's menu was
Break scrambled egg with butter
Cup of black coffee
Lunch Corned Beef with salad
Weak Decaf Tea with dash cream
Supper Half portion of Smoked mackerel and mushroom frittata from blood sugar diet book.
Followed by small portion of Greek yoghurt and berries.
Black coffee

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I learned I share a birthday with Bojo:arghh: Not the promised thunder today but a few showers . Decided to ditch the extra protein today to avoid more joint problems - left the planned salmon untouched but it will be fine on Friday. B-= lots of tea and naproxen. Plenty more tea until NE1 which was Fage 0% ( it was reduced) and 10 cal raspberry jelly. More tea then around 18.15 3 fried eggs, halloumi fries, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes with low sugar tomato ketchup and a repeat of NE1. Like the idea of not having to pretend I enjoy meals out or special food just because it is the day I was born. May have debated having a glass of wine absent the joint issue but thankfully the decision was made easy.

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
So I learned I share a birthday with Bojo:arghh: Not the promised thunder today but a few showers . Decided to ditch the extra protein today to avoid more joint problems - left the planned salmon untouched but it will be fine on Friday. B-= lots of tea and naproxen. Plenty more tea until NE1 which was Fage 0% ( it was reduced) and 10 cal raspberry jelly. More tea then around 18.15 3 fried eggs, halloumi fries, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes with low sugar tomato ketchup and a repeat of NE1. Like the idea of not having to pretend I enjoy meals out or special food just because it is the day I was born. May have had a glass of wine absent the joint issue but thankfully the decision was made easy.

Happy Birthday! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your joint issue but I'm glad you ignored the custom of going out for a meal on your birthday and ate a meal you enjoy.

It was my birthday while we were on holiday recently and Mr C had all kinds of plans for a meal out but due to the wet weather causing a flare up of my arthritis I preferred to have a quiet meal at the holiday 'cottage'. Much nicer and far more comfortable.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @ianpspurs - its not quite over yet. Hope you had a good one despite finding out who you share it with!!
I’ve ordered a libre freestyle as just got email after more than a year when I registered for waiting list to say I could order it. Know couldhave bought a sensor at a chemists but my phone isn’t compatible despite being fairly new so needed the starter pack. It’s not cheap but keen to see how useful the info is as takes readings and stores them so can see a pattern. Looking forward to experimenting seeing how food affects me
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch just coffee and cream
Dinner lamb chops, asparagus and cauliflower cheese followed by hm rhubarb fool. Just had decaf coffee with small amount of 100% choc.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your joint issue but I'm glad you ignored the custom of going out for a meal on your birthday and ate a meal you enjoy.

It was my birthday while we were on holiday recently and Mr C had all kinds of plans for a meal out but due to the wet weather causing a flare up of my arthritis I preferred to have a quiet meal at the holiday 'cottage'. Much nicer and far more comfortable.
Thanks @Chook. Don't think I have been out for a meal on my birthday for many years and really can't imagine where I would go or what I would enjoy these days. Would have liked the salmon, maybe some strawberries (could have had those) and a good gym session but they can wait. There will be other days.

Viv19

No breakfast Tea
Cwc. Was v hungry so I had some babybel and nuts too.
Lunch. 2 egg omelette with 2 rashers bacon, 2 mushrooms sliced and some grated cheese.
Greek yoghurt with berries
Tea
Evening. 1 slice LC bread, Camembert, cheddar, 1 tomato and some coleslaw. Celery sticks.
Some more yoghurt and berries.
More tea

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Food today-
CWC until around 12:30
L: tin of salmon, leaves, oo/acv dressing and grated Parmesan. Then choc chia pud which daughter made last night to take to work for her lunch, but she forgot it!
D: around 16:30 mushroom and cheese omelette followed by a handful of nuts.
Out to meet friends - Pret DCWC
Popped into Sainsbury’s on the way back to buy Montezuma’s - I’ve been getting chocolate cravings recently - had about 10g of it. Happy now.
@ianpspurs and @PenguinMum how did the house viewings go today?
@Chook I can’t believe your garden table &chairs set has a spot of rust before you’ve even used them - that’s really irritating.