Please help newly diagnosed

Severe_Needle_phobia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Been told lies , fake people
Hi there my Hb1ac was 58 ! I am trying to reverse this I am three weeks in to a no sugar very little carbs diet and I am losing weight but my reading last night was 6.2 and this morning before breakfast was 8.2 most of the morning ones are from 7.8-8.4 what can I do to improve this please I am only diagnosed three weeks
Hi @BonnieH
Warm welcome to the forum.

Heatherlou18

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wednesdays
Hi there my Hb1ac was 58 ! I am trying to reverse this I am three weeks in to a no sugar very little carbs diet and I am losing weight but my reading last night was 6.2 and this morning before breakfast was 8.2 most of the morning ones are from 7.8-8.4 what can I do to improve this please I am only diagnosed three weeks
This usually happens to most - its called the Dawn Phenomenon. Body releases hormones to wake you up resulting in a spike. Could try going for a brisk walk first thing or before bed to see if it helps, I find exercise fixes my spikes (now on the pump so dont get any).

Heatherlou18

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wednesdays
This usually happens to most - its called the Dawn Phenomenon. Body releases hormones to wake you up resulting in a spike. Could try going for a brisk walk first thing or before bed to see if it helps, I find exercise fixes my spikes (now on the pump so dont get any).
Also, please dont worry your sugars are better than most! You're doing really well and lucky you weren't diagnosed with them sky high (hug)

Reactions: Paulm80