Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bumblebees, bumblebees, big fat fluffy fabulous bumbly bonny bumblebees!
They love the clover blossoms below my window but they make navigational mistakes and end up in my living room. They do not like my living room and neither do the dogs like to share their living room with the bumblebees. So I've gotten real good at catching them with my bumblebee catching machine and freeing them!
I made the machine myself and it consists of an empty mug and the back of a pen needle box.
I love the word bumblebee. In Duch they're called hommel, which is sweet too, but not as happy a word as bumblebee :)

I hadn't forgotten about you guys! It's just that when you miss a notification the thread won't show up in the notifications anymore until you open it. And I've been getting a lot more notifications now as a moderator so I've lost track a bit. And I've been trying to learn moderating stuff and there's only so much time I want to spend on the forum. And I've been posting in the T1 thread a couple of times. I like that thread too, but it moves a little too fast for me, so I'll keep popping in here :)

I figured your moderating duties were keeping you busy. I enjoyed seeing your queen in the carriage with Queen Elizabeth yesterday. I thought about you. I especially liked Queen Maxima's gloves.

Another word for "bumbledee" that I like is "dumbledore."

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

No rude awakenings by thunder last night :happy: but I was up at 4am :meh:

Hope your fingers are ok @carty

Have a good day.

H :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

No rude awakenings by thunder last night :happy: but I was up at 4am :meh:

Hope your fingers are ok @carty

Have a good day.

After the thunder ...

thumbnail

... outside my window when I woke up this morning

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

I woke up at 3 with a sore throat :(

I can't see your pic.

Have a good day.

I'm sorry to hear bout your throat. Friday is no day to come down with a sore throat!

See if you can see this:

Attachments

• Rainbow20June.jpg
    Rainbow20June.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 262

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am over the moon and so proud of my granddaughter. She had her degree results today. She has gained a First with honours. Whole family bursting with pride, except maybe her brother who just missed out on a First, although he is trying to make up for it by doing his Masters and is on the way to a top mark with just the last dissertation to do.

Reactions: Pipp

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Congratulations to your granddaughter you are going to have to take her out and buy her a slap up low carb dinner.:)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations to your granddaughter you are going to have to take her out and buy her a slap up low carb dinner.:)

Very difficult to do. She is a committed ethical vegan and eats more carbs than is good for her. However, I do feel a nice meal out at our current favourite country pub is a good idea. They will do a vegan meal for her if we ring beforehand. Plenty of red wine will help with the carbs I am likely to eat. :) Her mum got the message while she was at work. She was crying so much she had to finish early, like just after lunch, went home, and took Millie out for a drink.

Reactions: heh and Antje77

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does the pub prepare their vegan dishes in separate pots and pans and things, like kosher meals? Or is it OK to prepare them in the same kitchen?

I have visited and eaten with vegetarian friends -- and eaten vegetarian with them -- but I really don't know anything about vegan.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Does the pub prepare their vegan dishes in separate pots and pans and things, like kosher meals? Or is it OK to prepare them in the same kitchen?

I have visited and eaten with vegetarian friends -- and eaten vegetarian with them -- but I really don't know anything about vegan.

I doubt it! Millie prepares her own vegan food at home but doesn't have her own pots and pans. My grandson, her brother, is also a committed ethical vegan. Christmas dinner is a nightmare and has been for the past 3 or 4 years. What I don't like about them being vegan is all the vegetable oils they consume because of course animal fats are a big no no. They are so bad for us. Plus of course all the vitamin and mineral supplements they have to take to remain healthy. I worry about them.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I doubt it! Millie prepares her own vegan food at home but doesn't have her own pots and pans. My grandson, her brother, is also a committed ethical vegan. Christmas dinner is a nightmare and has been for the past 3 or 4 years. What I don't like about them being vegan is all the vegetable oils they consume because of course animal fats are a big no no. They are so bad for us. Plus of course all the vitamin and mineral supplements they have to take to remain healthy. I worry about them.

It certainly sounds worrisome, besides being a huge hassle for everyone involved.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My grandson's ex girlfriend who lived with us for about 5 years was vegan I am LCHF grandson is an out and out carnivore so catering to every one was difficult and we even had to buy separate pots and pans and utensils.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I interviewed for an office job at a Conservative synagogue and was told that to simplify lunches I could not bring anything with meat in it, because of course they kept a kosher kitchen. So I understand a little about that, and the requirement of separate kitchen utensils and dishes and appliances for meat and for dairy. So I wondered if vegans had a similar standard for cookware and dishes.

Like the food labels that warn that a certain product was prepared in a facility where products containing nuts or gluten are also prepared.