How many have actually reversed neuropathy?

Caprock94

I know I have read a few stories here. How many have had it go away completely, or have at least seen significant improvement? What was the key for those that have?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Had it in my right leg, I used R-ALA (Alpha lipoic acid) to treat it. I don't remember how long it took to go away, but the numbness I experienced had completely vanished at some point.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
I have it in my feet. Mostly the toes and ball at the front. I had some pain but never serious enough to require medication. Over about a year it gradually improved by (a) strict control of blood glucose (b) R-ALA but have stopped these now. (c) walking every morning for about 3km (d) TENS machine.

The R-ALA worked pretty well at first but as it improved the incremental changes got smaller. Blood glucose control was by far the most important. TENS helped early when I had a little bit of pain. After a year it hasn't gone away but has got to the point where it is very minor and doesn't really cause me any great distress. If stays where it is, I can live with it.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I have read a few stories here. How many have had it go away completely, or have at least seen significant improvement? What was the key for those that have?
I think that @Jim Lahey either has reversed it or made a significant improvement towards it.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Unfortunately I had it when diagnosed and even though my blood sugars have been on average in the normal range for some while I still have it now.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had tingling in the toes of my right foot, so not very serious. It has now gone without any treatment apart from keeping my BG below diabetic levels - but it took 2 years.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had it, mildly I guess. But advanced enough to have me worried enough to search out for a solution to my Prediabetes predicament.

LCHF has reversed the symptoms. Just some residual fungal infection of the toenails to deal with now.

I am going to wade in but please note that I am new to the forum and to diabetes (at least the formal diagnosis of it.
I have experienced the early stages of peripheral neuropathy for about three years and it was becoming progressive. The numbness and nerve sensitivity was quite annoying.
On May 1st of this year I was "diagnosed" and put on Janumet XR. At the same time, I began a stringent fasting regimen that also eliminated processed sugars and carbs. By the middle of May the improvement was marked and now it is completely gone. Sadly, I do not know what specifically caused the improvement.

Caprock94

I am going to wade in but please note that I am new to the forum and to diabetes (at least the formal diagnosis of it.
I have experienced the early stages of peripheral neuropathy for about three years and it was becoming progressive. The numbness and nerve sensitivity was quite annoying.
On May 1st of this year I was "diagnosed" and put on Janumet XR. At the same time, I began a stringent fasting regimen that also eliminated processed sugars and carbs. By the middle of May the improvement was marked and now it is completely gone. Sadly, I do not know what specifically caused the improvement.

Wow, that's good news! And it was quick!

At such an advanced age, my body can only do so much to annoy me. :arghh: I neglected to mention that I also work out (weights and cycling every morning) so it probably has no clue what to do with the newfound motion! LOL

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’d lost most of the feeling in about half my right foot and my left toes. Within six months of normal blood sugars I got some feeling back and now have most of it back to normal.