Eating Out - Indian Food

ShortStuff

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but it might help some newbies out too!

Just thinking about indian appears to have made my BG go up

I’m going to treat myself to a night off cooking on Friday night.

I’m vegetarian so no easy LC meat for me

I’m definitely going to have the Caulifloer Bhaji

As it’s my favourite and from what I’ve read on this thread not likely to be too bad.

Other than the cost factor I don’t mind not having bread or rice but I’ll have to choose something to go with it. Maybe Sag bhajee

What would you choose between - Balti or Biriyani?!

frostytel

Hi all
Newly diagnosed type2 curry lover, have read this thread with great interest and nobody has mentioned vindaloo. I love vindaloo but is it safe....

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Hi all
Newly diagnosed type2 curry lover, have read this thread with great interest and nobody has mentioned vindaloo. I love vindaloo but is it safe....
I love a vindaloo as well. Keep the rice and bread up the other end of the table and you'll be OK. Add some lime pickle. Think I'll have one tonight now.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Hi all
By the way, if you like a ring stinger, not exactly Indian but the Thai Jungle Curry is fantastic for diabetics. Normal bread and rice rules still apply of course.

Reactions: frostytel

Chrisstine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I am a curry coward in that my tongue refuses to have anything other that a korma or passanda so have to find alternatives .
I will certainly be looking at all the advice and recipes to help me .
Thanks