Upgrade libre reader

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
If you are about to upgrade your libre reader or app do it while you are changing the sensor as the reader or app will not read the old sensor. No warning is given on the app update!!!

Reactions: Gaz-M
D

Deleted Account

If you are about to upgrade your libre reader or app do it while you are changing the sensor as the reader or app will not read the old sensor. No warning is given on the app update!!!
Why didn't you tell me that before I did it!
Actually, whilst LibreLink told me to start a new sensor, when I clicked "Next", it was able to read my existing one. So I think it should be ok to upgrade LibreLink mid-sensor ... but don't blame me if it isn't.

Glimp carried on regardless.

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Xdrip stopped working last night just after I upgraded the app. So phoned abbot to complain and they are sending a new sensor out. Just updated my reader while I am changing the sensor
Why didn't you tell me that before I did it!
Actually, whilst LibreLink told me to start a new sensor, when I clicked "Next", it was able to read my existing one. So I think it should be ok to upgrade LibreLink mid-sensor ... but don't blame me if it isn't.

Glimp carried on regardless.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oddly enough. Mine auto updated in the early hours before ì noticed an email about the update from Abbot?

But I'm between sensors right now.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No prob with the app (I updated it through the play store an hour ago, works fine and no lost data) but the mail I received from Abbott said to not update the reader until changing sensors.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I updated mine and still reads my sensor ok

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I updated to version 2.3 and my sensor is reading okay, no issues here.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you iOS or Android? My android phone auto updated on Monday night to 2.3.0.4751 and is reading sensor just fine.

I am referring to the reader update, not the mobile app.....

I ask as mine seems to be already updated, if the latest is in fact 2.4.8......I did receive it in April so it may have already came with the latest software already...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My app is updated in my iPhone and is working fine - I’m due to change sensors Saturday morning, somwill do the reader then. All good fun...

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am referring to the reader update, not the mobile app.....

I ask as mine seems to be already updated, if the latest is in fact 2.4.8......I did receive it in April so it may have already came with the latest software already...
yep that's the update version, odd that yours was already that as I received mine in April too but had to update it xx

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Updated the app on Google Play yesterday with no problems, I've updated the reader too this afternoon and yes it wont allow me to scan with 6 days to go but that's fine as I only start sensors with my reader and use the app the rest of the time xx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you iOS or Android? My android phone auto updated on Monday night to 2.3.0.4751 and is reading sensor just fine.
Hi,

Yep that's the Adroid version I have updated to.. Better accuracy & bug fixes. Apparently.
I tend to start the sensor with the Librelink, then use Glimp.

I don't use the reader or even posess one. Unfortunatly, I can't help you with that side of things @novorapidboi26 .

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
Updated the app on Google Play yesterday with no problems, I've updated the reader too this afternoon and yes it wont allow me to scan with 6 days to go but that's fine as I only start sensors with my reader and use the app the rest of the time xx
I'd only use the App only too if it told you how much insulin you've got left working and for how long like the reader does.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Meanwhile yesterday some idiot whose sensor was about to run out thought 'oh perfect timing, I'll update the reader tonight as I have to start a new sensor anyways', and then completely forgot and started the new sensor with the reader and remembered 10 mins later that I was supposed to be updating it (once I'd worked out how) .. oh well, I'll have to try and remember in about 2 weeks again :)

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd only use the App only too if it told you how much insulin you've got left working and for how long like the reader does.
I prick with a different meter when bolusing xx

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I haven't seen that on the reader. I knew that it would do it for BG tests, but not scans. Is that part of this software update?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I haven't seen that on the reader. I knew that it would do it for BG tests, but not scans. Is that part of this software update?
You need to put it into “professional” mode, the code is CAA1C - have a look in the settings.