Type 2 Blood sugar levels

Diabetesdave1

How high would a non diabetic blood sugar level spike after high sugar or carb intake comparing it to a diabetic .I know there body will bring it back to normal levels quicker but just curious what the differences would be ?

D

Deleted Account

I think that depends on things such as the person, how much exercise they had done and what they ate.
However, this guy saw a spike in the 9s.

It is only a sample of one but most people without diabetes don't wear a Libre or CGM to see their spikes.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
At their request,because they were interested, I tested everyone round the table (fresh lancet each time) after a meal once and the highest was 6.9. I was the only person there with diabetes, T1. We’d had fresh bread with the starter, potatoes with the main and the pud was fruit salad then cheese and biscuits. It was back in the late 70s. I suppose the cheese might have delayed carb processing.

hyponilla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was curious about this too so I've been testing my boyfriend from time to time. He has normal fasting blood glucose and after most meals his values stays within the 6 range so I'd say he's non-diabetic. One night though after he had a large bowl of pasta, garlic bread and a bag of candy (estimated carbs at 150g) he spiked at a 9. Another time he was drinking beer at a rapid pace and hit a 10. Both times these values came down within a couple of hours, but I think it's safe to say that even in healthy people spikes will happen if you ingest large amounts of carbs.

By now he's told me to ****** off with my testing equipment and let him have his pizza in peace.