Type 1'stars R Us

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not quite understanding this app. But thinking results are good?
Screenshot_20190622_085853_air.SmartLog.android.jpeg
Screenshot_20190622_085902_air.SmartLog.android.jpeg

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello on this lovely Somerset morn. Only a couple more days until the Glastonbury Festival goers start their annual invasion and the roads will be manic for a day or two. @Knikki glad to see you survived your chocolate free night. I found a bar of Green&Blacks 70% which had been lurking in the fridge since Christmas so I had a few pieces of that - the rest of it is now back in the fridge waiting to be liberated again when I remember it’s there!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Just got back from M&S and Sainsbury's. Not too sure about the Plant Life range from M&S but some of the veggies looked nice.

Got more miso paste at Sainsburys - very much needed for quick mugs of miso & noodle soup (not too many noodles, so not that carby). Nice quick pick me up.

Now - brekkie is being cooked, and after that, it's a beautiful day out there and I don't need to think about cooking until after lunch. (I need more parmegan, and want creamy coconut & garlic mushrooms with dinner tonight).

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got back from M&S and Sainsbury's. Not too sure about the Plant Life range from M&S but some of the veggies looked nice.

Got more miso paste at Sainsburys - very much needed for quick mugs of miso & noodle soup (not too many noodles, so not that carby). Nice quick pick me up.

Now - brekkie is being cooked, and after that, it's a beautiful day out there and I don't need to think about cooking until after lunch. (I need more parmegan, and want creamy coconut & garlic mushrooms with dinner tonight).

You can chuck in some soft silky tofu into the miso soup with some asian veggies. ;)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
You can chuck in some soft silky tofu into the miso soup with some asian veggies. ;)

In a mug? If it's little little cubes? I usually have it as a home made cuppa soup. Be a lovely bowl of soup though.

Oooh - I got some coconut chocolate oat milk from M&S - scrummy!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In a mug? If it's little little cubes? I usually have it as a home made cuppa soup. Be a lovely bowl of soup though.

Oooh - I got some coconut chocolate oat milk from M&S - scrummy!

Silky tofu breaks really easily so you can cut up very small cubes. I hope its a huge mug though Coconut chocolate milk? Oooo, sounds scrummy indeed. :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Silky tofu breaks really easily so you can cut up very small cubes. I hope its a huge mug though Coconut chocolate milk? Oooo, sounds scrummy indeed. :)

That'd be a yes .... they hold rather a lot!

images

I have a Winnie mug and a Piglet. I want an Eeeyore.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Guys need quick advice. Me and daughter of to bbq at 12 in like 20mins. I’ve just took pre lunch reading 5.8. Do I take insulin before I go or take with me have after food there. As I been home eating then insulin. So this part is new to me going out.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Guys need quick advice. Me and daughter of to bbq at 12 in like 20mins. I’ve just took pre lunch reading 5.8. Do I take insulin before I go or take with me have after food there. As I been home eating then insulin. So this part is new to me going out.
Always take it with you, especially as you never know when the food will arrive at a barbecue! Edited to add - and then you’ve got the freedom to stay a bit longer if you’ve got it on you and won’t need to rush home. Don’t forget your testing kit either, and be aware that there may be a lot of sugar in the dressings and sauces.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exactly as @Mel dCP has said.
Location, shouldn’t be a factor on injecting.
In the course of time then the timing of injecting will be something you can dabble with but not yet:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Take Insulin with you. Type 1 is a learning curve, I am still learning 30 years on, but you will get there.
Have a great time at the BBQ :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hugs to hypo-ing friends!!

Cooking done, and sat with mug of flat leaf parsley & thyme tea. (Bought a tiny teapot with a filter basket, so I can make tea with any fresh herbs now).

Reactions: MeiChanski
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I think I might cook some lentil patsa tonight, daughter out with boyfriend, so dinner for one :)

Reactions: WuTwo