Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ended popping into town and the place I used to work in, bought some bit's and pieces, well a quite a few really and bought a Hello Kitty tent for baby Cleo from a charity for just £2 :wideyed: :happy: I think we're going to have fun with that lol :joyful:

My inner child is squealing at the hello kitty tent.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hugs to hypo-ing friends!!

Cooking done, and sat with mug of flat leaf parsley & thyme tea. (Bought a tiny teapot with a filter basket, so I can make tea with any fresh herbs now).

Could you tell us what you cooked up? Big hugs to you too :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Could you tell us what you cooked up? Big hugs to you too :)

Creamy coconut garlic mushrooms, prepped an edamame and mixed peppers stir-fry, a big pot of parmegan and at that point I thought "Oh bleep it, I can't be bothered" and made some tea (very nice too).

Next will be a bathbomb and a wallow.

ETA I left the seitan tendersteaks until tomorrow when I'm making the bacon anyway.

Reactions: MeiChanski
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I ended popping into town and the place I used to work in, bought some bit's and pieces, well a quite a few really and bought a Hello Kitty tent for baby Cleo from a charity for just £2 :wideyed: :happy: I think we're going to have fun with that lol :joyful:

DSC_0707.JPG

The pop up tent, now just have to get it flat again, I can't wait to see Cleo's little face (that's if I let her in it ) ;):D <3

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Robinredbreast - what fun!

I remember when my lad was little I had a new washing machine. I put the box in the sitting room and we painted it and drew windows on. He just about lived in there for weeks - had meals in there, all sorts. It was a boat, a train, an aircraft, a race car .... we had sooo much fun!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

I remember when my lad was little I had a new washing machine. I put the box in the sitting room and we painted it and drew windows on. He just about lived in there for weeks - had meals in there, all sorts. It was a boat, a train, an aircraft, a race car .... we had sooo much fun!

We used to make tents in the garden with canes, old sheets and stuff when the daughters were small.
And yes, warmer weather, lower BS and yo-yo blasting!!!! Loving the sun though

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all, I have zero intention of going outside, or even getting out of my pyjamas if I can help it. I am RELAXING while the husband pops to Lidl to get something for dinner. And cat food. I am thoroughly enjoying completely wasting a nice sunny day :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all, I have zero intention of going outside, or even getting out of my pyjamas if I can help it. I am RELAXING while the husband pops to Lidl to get something for dinner. And cat food. I am thoroughly enjoying completely wasting a nice sunny day :)

High five on the pyjamas
We like to be comfy :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Those were the days, imagination can take us anywhere.....................:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Do what you want, when you want, if you really want to............ so enjoy :happy:

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pyjama day, my favourite !!

Reactions: LooperCat and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Those were the days, imagination can take us anywhere.....................:)

I remember the dragon. I got a roll of lining paper from the DIY and we unrolled a piece about 9' long onto the kitchen floor. My son and his best mate drew a huge dragon, a village, a maiden in distress - the Brave Knight - they had days of real fun. When it was finished we stuck it up on the hall wall. It stayed there for ages. I'll never forget it :happy:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Horrid day. My beautiful dog has been put to sleep. Only 9 years old, out of the blue problem. Devastated. Who'll prompt me to go and get some walking exercise now?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Horrid day. My beautiful dog has been put to sleep. Only 9 years old, out of the blue problem. Devastated. Who'll prompt me to go and get some walking exercise now?

I’m so sorry, I’m sending you lots of hugs!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh no! There's no way I can send enough virtual hugs to solve this :(
And I have no clue how to get yourself to go for a walk without a dog, seems very hard to me.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@hhl so sorry to hear your sad news. It’s like losing a member of the family.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Virtual hugs. Such sad news.
Maybe the playful and mischievous look of a puppy will prompt you into walkies in time to come.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@hh1 I am so very sorry. What a truly dreadful thing to have happen. It is devastating at any time, but to be so sudden....

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well after my mishap of yesterday when I managed to rip my cannula set from my body, mishap number 2 today. I have had the Libre for a year now and after 9 days this one came off my arm after I knocked it gently against the car door when getting out of car. First time I have knocked one off

And of course Abbot customer service is only open Monday to Friday

Need to stop being so bleeding clumsy:oops::oops: