What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I was just wondering if I was eating too much cheese...I could eat it almost every meal...

I love that opinion. I could eat cheese until the cows come home...

>^..^<
me too, but was still losing weight, so all that cheese wasn't doing me any good.

Reactions: Chook and gennepher

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dinner trout in lemon butter with asparagus and mushrooms followed by hm rhubarb fool then decaf coffee and cream and small amount of 100% choc.[/QUOTE]
love that dinner menu

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That’s appalling ! The estate agent should never have booked the viewing. The other thing I’ve wondered is that if interest is low and they haven’t got many bookings in, they’ll just send friends or relations round pretending to be buyers, but actually just so you think the estate agt is doing a good job.
Have had this happen to me, cant remember how it came out that they were relations though. Do remember being furious

Reactions: DJC3

Viv19

Some of them never really do. There's an ex drug detection dog in this village (not one of mine) and this dog 'indicates' at anyone carrying drugs which seems to be half the people in this village. It caused a bit if a stir until it was pointed out that she was a failed sniffer dog.... she's a lovely girl though.

Then we might have some amusing walks in the next few months.

Viv19

I meant to say yesterday, happy Midsummer!
c0867ab4-2381-4b55-9af4-095f9eb695af.jpg

Granddaughter’s pony decorated with her flower crown.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid variety low carb beer and a seafood platter (inc. cockles oysters and mussels, alive a l i v e ohhh)
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee, no sugar / sweeteners, beer, water.

All food and drinks are non seasonal, as there is nothing in the "dreamtime" about it.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
As mentioned in my earlier post, brunch was 2 eggs baked in my tomato and basil sauce. Yum!
Dinner was a chicken breast I found in the freezer - no idea why I bought it because I don't like chicken breast, but it had to be used. There were 4 of them. I marinaded them in lemon and yoghurt then baked them and served with bacony brussels sprouts. That still leaves 3 baked off chicken breasts which I don't fancy eating.

Luckily a friend called this evening and invited me to a pot luck lunch tomorrow. I will take the chicken breasts in the form of lemon and turmeric chicken with veggies. I did think that this weekend I would get away without making a cake, but I have a request for that too. Have to start baking early tomorrow. I have no idea what kind - chocolate ganache cake usually goes down well, although I can't have any of it. Why do I torment myself this way?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 6 of my holibobs

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: spicy chicken wings and leafy salad with two cherry tomatoes and M&S pork cracklings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon at Starbucks: raspberry Phd bar and a coconut cappuccino.
Dinner at the poolside cafe: bunless burger followed by a CCB with cream back in our lodge.

BF5614C7-709C-4402-B3F0-BA464C2E61D3.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did think that this weekend I would get away without making a cake, but I have a request for that too. Have to start baking early tomorrow. I have no idea what kind - chocolate ganache cake usually goes down well, although I can't have any of it. Why do I torment myself this way?

why not switch to low carb baking ? the results are just as nice, although the ingredients are more expensive. worth it though, if it stops the 'torture' and allows you to have some.

having said that, i am afraid i am much less kind than you :D i am happy to do stuff for people, but not happy to have expectations laid on me. so i would probably smile sweetly and say 'sorry, not in a position to bake those cakes anymore. i could bring something low carb, or make a financial donation instead...?'
People never seem to object. :)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
why not switch to low carb baking ? the results are just as nice, although the ingredients are more expensive. worth it though, if it stops the 'torture' and allows you to have some.

having said that, i am afraid i am much less kind than you :D i am happy to do stuff for people, but not happy to have expectations laid on me. so i would probably smile sweetly and say 'sorry, not in a position to bake those cakes anymore. i could bring something low carb, or make a financial donation instead...?'
People never seem to object. :)

Sadly, I can't take most gluten free products. I can use coconut flour but so far, haven't made a successful cake with it - wheat flour seems to be needed to make it work. Can't eat almonds, so many of the delicious sounding choc/almond cakes are not for me. Also can't take any artificial sugars that I have found so far (Stevia is the absolute worst). My best bet is just to keep going. I suppose I torment myself because I get a kick when people enjoy my food even though I can't share it. Anyway, I may be becoming like my old father did and enjoy martyrdom in my old age.

Viv19

As mentioned in my earlier post, brunch was 2 eggs baked in my tomato and basil sauce. Yum!
Dinner was a chicken breast I found in the freezer - no idea why I bought it because I don't like chicken breast, but it had to be used. There were 4 of them. I marinaded them in lemon and yoghurt then baked them and served with bacony brussels sprouts. That still leaves 3 baked off chicken breasts which I don't fancy eating.

Luckily a friend called this evening and invited me to a pot luck lunch tomorrow. I will take the chicken breasts in the form of lemon and turmeric chicken with veggies. I did think that this weekend I would get away without making a cake, but I have a request for that too. Have to start baking early tomorrow. I have no idea what kind - chocolate ganache cake usually goes down well, although I can't have any of it. Why do I torment myself this way?

Re the baking I sympathise with that. My husband’s family are very keen on pavlova so 1 or 2 of those are often a ‘please can you bring’ request when we go to family bbqs or birthdays etc. I could manage that, had already slightly weaned myself off them because I felt unwell after eating them. But they also ask for walnut brownies - which I love, tasting even better and squidgier after being in the freezer.

Reactions: Chook and gennepher

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly, I can't take most gluten free products. I can use coconut flour but so far, haven't made a successful cake with it - wheat flour seems to be needed to make it work. Can't eat almonds, so many of the delicious sounding choc/almond cakes are not for me. Also can't take any artificial sugars that I have found so far (Stevia is the absolute worst). My best bet is just to keep going. I suppose I torment myself because I get a kick when people enjoy my food even though I can't share it. Anyway, I may be becoming like my old father did and enjoy martyrdom in my old age.

The chocolate cake is now baked and cooling, ready for finishing off. The lemon and turmeric chicken is done and ready to go. Haven't had breakfast yet but I'm beginning to get hungry so will do some scrambled egg. Stomach still a bit dodgy after Friday's trauma, but that's par for the course when something has made my system react. Usually takes about 3 days to sort itself out.

Goodness knows what lunch will be. Depends what other people bring along. Last time I went to one of these lunches I had a chicken dish which a lovely Nigerian lady had made - very spicy but seemed suitable. However, she wouldn't say what was in it except "it was made with a lot of love". I was ill for days afterwards and I still don't know what was in it. Maybe I'll have a little of my own dish.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The chocolate cake is now baked and cooling, ready for finishing off. The lemon and turmeric chicken is done and ready to go. Haven't had breakfast yet but I'm beginning to get hungry so will do some scrambled egg. Stomach still a bit dodgy after Friday's trauma, but that's par for the course when something has made my system react. Usually takes about 3 days to sort itself out.

Goodness knows what lunch will be. Depends what other people bring along. Last time I went to one of these lunches I had a chicken dish which a lovely Nigerian lady had made - very spicy but seemed suitable. However, she wouldn't say what was in it except "it was made with a lot of love". I was ill for days afterwards and I still don't know what was in it. Maybe I'll have a little of my own dish.

I don't know which chocolate cake you do, but when the recipe says this is easy, it does not lie. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/easy_chocolate_cake_31070

It takes no time to knock up and even serious chocaholics can only manage a little bit, so it goes a long way.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

Some foods upset me so I won't eat anything until I've found out what's in it - then i can make an informed decision whether to eat it or not. I have been known to eat something knowing that it will raise my BG because it would hurt the feelings of the person who had made it especially for me (usually cake).. I'm the same as you, eat something that upsets me or makes my BG go high and it takes at least three days to get back to feeling nirmal.

I'm not looking forward to the thunder and lightening tonight, it is forecast to start at 1am here. My dogs are okay with thunderstorms when I'm awake to reassure them and give them treats but this will be the first for them to get through while I'm asleep (i sleep through pretty much anything). Maybe I can persuade Mr C to sleep on the sofa. :angelic:

So my menu for today is...

Breakfast: usual Sunday brunch - egg, bacon, chipolatas, mushrooms and baked beans

Lunch: Definitely not

Dinner: Spiced lamb ribs with salad leaves (from the garden)

Dessert: 10 cal jelly and hopefully a few strawberries if any more have ripened

Drinks: black decaff coffee and lots of water