Opinions wanted from fellow type 1's

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did write an email rant! Wouldn't normally mind but I needed to do some gardening which causes a hypo at the best of times.
I don't blame you! That was a bad error on their part. I hope you got some redress when you emailed them.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Circuspony I would be irritated too! I’m curious what the response will be. In our case it’s a more serious problem than just keeping track of what you are eating.

We are sorry we had a printing error, or the old packaging was mistakenly used?

And half the time for a hypo you can’t enjoy what you are eating as much, I for one lose my ability to taste sweetness when I am low, so it has to be something with a strong flavor. So sometimes it’s just eating to raise BG and not really wanting too. And then other times you’re just driven to solve it as fast as possible.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Circuspony I would be irritated too! I’m curious what the response will be. In our case it’s a more serious problem than just keeping track of what you are eating.

We are sorry we had a printing error, or the old packaging was mistakenly used?

And half the time for a hypo you can’t enjoy what you are eating as much, I for one lose my ability to taste sweetness when I am low, so it has to be something with a strong flavor. So sometimes it’s just eating to raise BG and not really wanting too. And then other times you’re just driven to solve it as fast as possible.
So here's their response - which I think is wrong! Ive checked a packet of rice and that seems to multiply correctly.

"Thanks for getting in touch regarding Couscous,

The nutritional information we provide is "as prepared" and as couscous absorbs a lot of water, 55g of dry couscous will yield more than 100g of prepared couscous. I would suggest using the "per half pack" nutritional information for your calculations as this is one recommended serving."

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So here's their response - which I think is wrong! Ive checked a packet of rice and that seems to multiply correctly.

The nutritional information we provide is "as prepared" and as couscous absorbs a lot of water, 55g of dry couscous will yield more than 100g of prepared couscous. I would suggest using the "per half pack" nutritional information for your

The nutritional information we provide is "as prepared" and as couscous absorbs a lot of water, 55g of dry couscous will yield more than 100g of prepared couscous. I would suggest using the "per half pack" nutritional information for your calculations as this is one recommended serving."

'As prepared' is shown as applying to both columns of data on their chart, so I think you are right, it is very misleading.

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...

As @lizdeluz notes above they haven't provided any data for dry couscous, and half of 110g is less than 100g, Nooo, they're just wrong.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
'As prepared' is shown as applying to both columns of data on their chart, so I think you are right, it is very misleading.
I think I'm going to write A Letter! If they'd come back and said oops, sorry then that would be ok. But I think this is wrong & with it being diabetes awareness week & all that....

Misa1488

Hi sorry i am new heres talking about my mam she was diagnosed about 14 years ago with tipe1 but the thing is I was home for 11 days now and fine out she don't need insulin her blood sugar is from morning like 5.7 to 8.5 so I was thinking if anyone knows really good doctor I would like to go with her to actually find out what she really have I am living in Ireland but don't mind go to UK for that thank you I hope someone help me

bellabella

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are some interesting and varied replies.
@bellabella you posed the question. What is your answer? What is your one thing that you found most challenging for your diabetes management?
Hi @helensaramay,
For me the most difficult thing has been the sheer ignorance of others when it comes to type 1 diabetes ( most of it is due to lack of knowledge to be fair). However I do find the snide comments/ judging remarks about food choices to be exhausting
Other than that, the many moods of my illness, and the fact that sometimes I can get a BSL reading that I gave no explanation for- a surprise always seems to be around the corner

Thanks for all the great replies guys!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi sorry i am new heres talking about my mam she was diagnosed about 14 years ago with tipe1 but the thing is I was home for 11 days now and fine out she don't need insulin her blood sugar is from morning like 5.7 to 8.5 so I was thinking if anyone knows really good doctor I would like to go with her to actually find out what she really have I am living in Ireland but don't mind go to UK for that thank you I hope someone help me
Hello, @Misa1488 ,
You're question won't be seen by many because you put it as an answer in a thread. You'll get more answers if you make a new thread for your question.
To do that, go to 'forums', choose the subforum you want to post in, like 'Ask a question', and click on the green button that says 'Post new thread'.
Good luck!

Misa1488

Hello, @Misa1488 ,
You're question won't be seen by many because you put it as an answer in a thread. You'll get more answers if you make a new thread for your question.
To do that, go to 'forums', choose the subforum you want to post in, like 'Ask a question', and click on the green button that says 'Post new thread'.
Good luck!
Thanks

Reactions: Antje77