What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good late Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but not politicians.

Warning this posting may contain offensive wording to those of a sensitive nature and also no sense of the absurd, please, please don't read any further.

A strange 5.4 greeted me from my meter this morning, but I did object to it clog dancing in my koffy mug, strange old meter.

Well folks I have no idea what your plans are for today, Mrs J has my day planned and no room for manoeuvre.
Remember smile at a stranger, be polite to a traffic warden and if you're on a bus talk to person sitting next to you, that should scare the living daylights out of them and get you sectioned.

Oh no! I read the whole thing. Catastrophic.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from our break from down south and Liverpool

All was good

Have you lot been behaving? I thought not lol

Kitten Tikka Masala for tea as not been to Tesco to top up supplies so I’m stalking next doors cat

Meow

Have you been visiting Hawaii or perhaps even Switzerland?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love your posts but please dont join in in these offensive cat posts because how would you feel (under the licence of humour) if I said something similar about Wispa. There are cat people and dog people on here, people who love both, and people who just dont but it dose cause offence and distress and I am sure thats not what you want.

I second this.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you get a good offer after Thursday? I remember you saying you were hopeful
Yes. We had 2 sets of viewers on Wednesday, my birthday, both offered. One just went over asking price so I accepted. Day of moving will be hardest day of my life far worse than the 2 other contenders.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes. Wehad 2 sets of viewers on Wednesday, my birthday, both offered. One just went over asking price so I accepted. Day of moving will be hardest day of my life far worse than the 2 other contenders.

Do you have a place to move to?

Do you have enough money to pay the moving company?

Don't reply here (unless of course you want to). :) Hug.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a place to move to?

Do you have enough money to pay the moving company?

Don't reply here (unless of course you want to). :) Hug.
No place to go as yet but several to look at. Yes, we will be able to pay the moving company although one of our sons did work for Pickfords once.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. Wehad 2 sets of viewers on Wednesday, my birthday, both offered. One just went over asking price so I accepted. Day of moving will be hardest day of my life far worse than the 2 other contenders.

I’m not sure whether to congratulate or commiserate. It’s great to get an asking price offer let alone above, so congrats for that.
As for the moving date I feel the same, I know I will be in bits when we finally leave, all my life has played out here - all the celebrations, anniversaries and sadnesses. My dad put his heart and soul into making this wreck a fabulous family home, and so much of him is here as well as my mum and brother, all sadly gone now. Such a wrench to leave ones history but it’s just land and bricks in the end, children and Grandchildren are more precious.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know ... people go to war to fight for their land and houses ...

Where I live now I live surrounded by shades of buildings that are no more ... some that were built after I first knew this place, and now they are gone the way of the ones that predated me ...

The house I grew up in is still there, three miles away, and I have managed to see it only once in 6 1/2 years ... have not visited either of my old churches, too many ghosts ...

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...awful day in traffic yesterday...three hours to get to London navigating through so many police cordons & road works...endless three ways traffic controls...home around 7:30pm and broke out the millionaires shortbread...despite that a good sleep...and woke to a 6.1
After battling that traffic I'm surprised that's all you broke into!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm off to google this DJC...good news with Dennis...that name does make me laugh one of my brothers is named Dennis & hes nowhere near as cute...I agree with @PenguinMum he is a clever boy.
Well around here our bin collectors lorries are called Dennis. Or used to be, not seen one for a while as I'm usually in bed when they call at silly o'clock. so,,,,,back to our discussion on bins it is. Thanks to cute little Dennis haha. Glad he has settled in well @DJC3 . Looking forward to some fun tales in the up and even weeks.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,3 at 7:00am this Sunday morning. Perhaps not going to sleep until 3:00 am this morning as I had to drive my so to his school to get the bus to the airport.
He is on 5:30 am flight to a Rome as I write together with a bus load of his schoolmates. Then they have a connecting flight to Milan and then a bus trip across the border to Switzerland and up the Alps to a place called SaaS-Grund where they will spend a week on a geography field trip.
I am sure they will have a great time but am a bit worried at the moment as I am waiting to hear they arrived safely.
Always difficult for parents to allow their children to spread their own winds but absolutely necessary that we learn to do so if they are to fulfil their potential.

Have a great day all

Pavlos

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Saskia and @Freema I am trying to declutter and downsize too. It’s very hard to decide what is useful, or important and what is just a nice memory or simply familiar. My most difficult bit has been sorting family photos. I’m the only one left now ( apart from my children and grandchildren) so I’ve ended up with everybody’s everything. Trying to make 1 keepsake album out of thousands of photos is just giving me headaches.
Could you maybe put them all on a disk @DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m not sure whether to congratulate or commiserate. It’s great to get an asking price offer let alone above, so congrats for that.
As for the moving date I feel the same, I know I will be in bits when we finally leave, all my life has played out here - all the celebrations, anniversaries and sadnesses. My dad put his heart and soul into making this wreck a fabulous family home, and so much of him is here as well as my mum and brother, all sadly gone now. Such a wrench to leave ones history but it’s just land and bricks in the end, children and Grandchildren are more precious.

Emotional times ahead. But the good thing is that all those wonderful memories are very easily transported. They wont break in transit. You can use them as and when you want. They will be with you forever.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. We had 2 sets of viewers on Wednesday, my birthday, both offered. One just went over asking price so I accepted. Day of moving will be hardest day of my life far worse than the 2 other contenders.
Excellent news! Above asking price, so pleased for you. Exciting times ahead.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Saskia and @Freema I am trying to declutter and downsize too. It’s very hard to decide what is useful, or important and what is just a nice memory or simply familiar. My most difficult bit has been sorting family photos. I’m the only one left now ( apart from my children and grandchildren) so I’ve ended up with everybody’s everything. Trying to make 1 keepsake album out of thousands of photos is just giving me headaches.

@DJC3
What I did with the family photos, and I had a lot like you, was to divide them in piles. So my 3 children and myself. 4 piles.

I chose the ones I really wanted for me.

Then in the 3 of my children’s piles (they are all grown up adults 2 of them have their own children. I put the most appropriate in each pile. Then the ones that were left I divided between the 3 piles.

I bought some photo albums, the type where you lift the self seal plastic and placed them under. It is also easy to change them round in this kind of album if you want to. It is also easy for the grandchildren to take them out for their school projects.

Then I handed each of my grown up children their albums.

The two that had grandchildren greatly appreciated them and I got feedback off that. My son who is not married and never intends having offspring put his in a cupboard, although he did appreciate receiving his childhood and family photos.

This in my opinion is the easiest, at least to me the least time consuming method. Yes it still takes a little while to do, but nothing as time consuming and scanning to a disc which will probably end up at the back of a drawer.

As you are sorting, memories will come. You hold the history of the past. Little stories that your children know nothing about, or were not interested in listening to at the time when you told them, will come to mind. What I did was write down the stories, just short memories, and insert them in the albums.

This may be of interest to both your children and grandchildren. It was to mine.

This is by the by, but I have decided to expand those written memories, because both sets of grandchildren were very interested. I am only just starting this now, but I have bought some pen and ink and am writing memories when they come to with little picture drawings. So one memory to a sheet of paper and date for the approximate year. Photocopy them 4 times and post to each grandchild. I have made a folder for each grandchild so they can keep these memories in them. I will keep the originals so maybe I can do something with them at a later point.

My partner was 20 years older than me and he was always going to do something like this for his son. He said there was always time. But there wasn’t. He died before he started. So much history was lost. He had amazing memories and had been asked to go into schools and talk to schoolchildren. Which he did.

There is no time like the present moment to get started with anything....and baby steps are good...the mountain cannot be tackled in one go...but it can bit by bit...

>^..^<

Last edited: