Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Horrid day. My beautiful dog has been put to sleep. Only 9 years old, out of the blue problem. Devastated. Who'll prompt me to go and get some walking exercise now?

Hug hug hug hug hug!!!!!!!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Horrid day. My beautiful dog has been put to sleep. Only 9 years old, out of the blue problem. Devastated. Who'll prompt me to go and get some walking exercise now?

Ooh thats terrible new @hh1 . Will you maybe think of getting another one.

This happened to my cousins dog, out of blue it was put to sleep. She did however get a new dog, a rescue dog from Romania, which has brought her much happiness

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@hh1 - That's a cruel, cruel blow.

I've only had to have a dog put to sleep once and it broke my heart. Walking out to the car with the lead and collar in my hand, and no best friend at my heal. It was dire.

I'm sure it's very scant comfort to know it was the brave and selfless thing to do.

As my OH often utters, "That's the problem with dogs. They make us fall in love with them, then they die."

Sadly, it's true, so true. I'm sure you have memories of happier times you'll be able to call upon at some time in the future.

Reactions: Antje77

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Confused. So are my family.

OK. Lunch as I said earlier went to a garden birthday party.

I ate some bad things like few squares of pizza, scotch egg, crisps not too many, tomatoes and cucumber slices. And birthday cake.
Reading before dinner after all that was 7.2.

Dinner I tried sheppards pie.
Carbs was 38g packet.
Then had strawberrys with muller light yoghurt.

Took insulin Humalog 7
Lantus 16.

Took blood before bed and it read 4.8.

My family like me are confused.

Yesterday I had new potatoes lots of them lol with battered fish and peas.
And last night bed reading was 10.8

Confused dot com.

Dad said I should tell doctor on Monday.

Reactions: Knikki

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Confused. So are my family.

OK. Lunch as I said earlier went to a garden birthday party.

I ate some bad things like few squares of pizza, scotch egg, crisps not too many, tomatoes and cucumber slices. And birthday cake.
Reading before dinner after all that was 7.2.

Dinner I tried sheppards pie.
Carbs was 38g packet.
Then had strawberrys with muller light yoghurt.

Took insulin Humalog 7
Lantus 16.

Took blood before bed and it read 4.8.

My family like me are confused.

Yesterday I had new potatoes lots of them lol with battered fish and peas.
And last night bed reading was 10.8

Confused dot com.

Dad said I should tell doctor on Monday.

Your bg readings are good. Take into account it is a bit warm today so insulin is working much quicker and absorbed faster. I too, have been on the low end of normal readings for the usual food I’ve been eating. Again, no two days are the same, :)
You might need to speak to your dsn about tweaking insulin doses in warm weather.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much all for much needed hugs. Busy day in the garden and with help from a friend that's where my girl is now, along with other much-loved dogs and cats. And as rubbish as I feel, I wouldn't have missed 9 years with her for the world.

@Delticmatt100 I wonder whether the other factor in all this is that yo're still in the honeymoon period, when from time to time your pancreas can confound everything by still producing some insulin now and then.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Remember the wonderful memories @hh1 sending ((((( BIG HUGS ))))) X

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry to hear this hh1 sending big hugs x

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all. Seems very early to be up on a Sunday but I'm awake and so I might as well be up and slurping the coffee. Woke up on a 6.00 which will do for me.

Baking day today if I want to eat any protein next week - need to make two types of seitan and some tofu.

Also have new vegan recipe magazines to trawl through and copy the pages I want in my ringbinder. The pages stay in there until I've cooked the recipe and if I don't like it much I rip it out. If I love it the page gradually shuffles forward until it's at the front and stays there because I make it once or twice a month. Not exactly a scientific filing system but it works!

Just remembered - I got to block and stretch a canvas print as well. Hope I can find the cotton batting, pins, laces, hot glue gun etc.

Reactions: hh1 and Antje77

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks so much all for much needed hugs. Busy day in the garden and with help from a friend that's where my girl is now, along with other much-loved dogs and cats. And as rubbish as I feel, I wouldn't have missed 9 years with her for the world.

@Delticmatt100 I wonder whether the other factor in all this is that yo're still in the honeymoon period, when from time to time your pancreas can confound everything by still producing some insulin now and then.
hugs for your hurt @hh1

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
After Poppy was so very cruelly taken from us husband recovered much more quickly than I did. I didn't want another dog, went into total diabetes burnout and depression.

After 18 months I agreed we could get another. Had to be a pup and a girl - small breed - so that Dizzy would be OK (or else we would have rescued but as an almost blind dog - at times he's totally blind - he lacks confidence and is easy to frighten. We want him to still be able to feel like the big strong little dog he is inside). So we got Tutti and I really didn't like her one bit. I wasn't at all ready for the invasion. I left her entirely to husband on the basis that he'd wanted her so he could have her.

Then, when she got a little older and as I gradually recovered, she started worming her way into my heart until now it is full of her. But it took at long time - she must have been 2 when her determined assault on me succeeeded. She is 4 now, so Poppy died 6 years ago and it seems impossible to me. If I think about her it feels like yesterday.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning early birds and the late arrive's too. Stay at home day today, cleaning down paintwork and rearranging things in kitchen. I had lentil pasta last night, split the dose and before bed, 4.7, awoke on a 5.4. Top Banana :joyful:
Happy Sunday :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good morning early birds and the late arrive's too. Stay at home day today, cleaning down paintwork and rearranging things in kitchen. I had lentil pasta last night, split the dose and before bed, 4.7, awoke on a 5.4. Top Banana :joyful:
Happy Sunday :)
Well done @Robinredbreast Was the pasta made of lentils or was it a lentil sauce?

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

And to you @Robinredbreast - it's not the bright, shiny day today that it was yesterday but it's good to be pottering at home. I got to get the cooking done as my priority but after that it's mucking about with fiddly things which, tbh, I quite enjoy.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And to you @Robinredbreast - it's not the bright, shiny day today that it was yesterday but it's good to be pottering at home. I got to get the cooking done as my priority but after that it's mucking about with fiddly things which, tbh, I quite enjoy.

It's a dull start to the day after a glorious Saturday, but enjoy your cooking :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,
Diabetes decided to be naughty- 16.4. If you need an explanation, I wouldn’t know how to explain that one because I was 6.2 last night.

Reactions: WuTwo