What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very belated happy birthday @ianpspurs. Maybe Bojo will buy your house to escape nosy neighbours? @Brunneria - car is still in the garage and I am still in a very orange Mokka. I just hope they find the faults as I dont want that happening again.
Way behind so will catch up later but just to get one out if the way.
Wednesday
Bed 6.8 FBG 7.5
B. Usual TAG with ADOC, last slice of GF black pudding, 2 GF sausages, 1 rasher of back bacon and hit lucky with another double yoke egg.
L. Nothing
D. Mattesons smoked sausage with veggie chips. 2 bits Lindt 90%.

Been very busy. In laws arrived from Australia Thursday evening, I had the eye pavilion on Thursday morning, boys still at school so had to arrange pick ups around my appointments, physio Friday morning and a lot of running about yesterday for a large Family dinner today. Will probably catch up tomorrow.

@shelley262 - hope your knee is better. @Viv19 - Other than what I suggested I wouldn't make any more changes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Bits dark chocolate
cwc

Chicken and eggs
cwc

Frozen blueberries and frozen raspberries and cream
A few slivers of cheese

So above was before midday. Had intended eating more but ran out of time because for the moment I am stopping eating at midday and eating again after I get up the following morning.

Just trying this for several reasons.

Rest of day is water, maybe herbal teas and nettle tea

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Isn’t baklava pure sugar?
These ones come from Jordan and are nearly all nuts. Unlike the incredibly sticky concoctions that are made in the UK.
Also I do believe in being honest about what we actually eat as opposed to posting what we think we should be eating!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very belated happy birthday @ianpspurs. Maybe Bojo will buy your house to escape nosy neighbours?
Thanks @maglil55 and I am sure the family meal will be sumptuous. Offer accepted from someone else (who will pay) and we already have one ex-PM round here in this True Blue 1 party state. - Even so, no love for Bojo hereabouts, nor his opponent. Opinion round here is facing a choice between Ken Doll and Mr Blobby eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow (from July) .....

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I am eating:
Breakfast: usual 1 slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x 2.
Lunch didnt happen as was pottering in garden while OH and son at golf.
Just made some tea and snaffled a few rollitos to go with it.
Supper is h/m chicken curry with green rice and mushrooms.
Cooking salmon fillet for son who is off chicken atm.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since I'm organised will add another day!
Thursday
Bed 7.6 FBG 7.4 - no idea why. It was another rushing about day with the eye pavilion and the in laws arriving. Meant to say, Wednesday was school sports day and it was nice to see competition back with the new PE teacher. We've had 7 years of no winners or losers. Now all the kids get "we took part" stickers but we also have 1st, 2nd and 3rd - and No 2 got one of each. Bigger one, his sports are different - it's for house points.
B. TAG with ADOC. No time for anything else with eye pavilion visit.
L. Much later - 1/2 a M&S meat'zza pizza
D. Other half of the meat'zza but I almost cremated it! Had with a little lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado and Helmans.
Few raspberries and cream.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Asa cheesaholic, I have to say that the cheese might not have been doing any harm either. :))
Was way over where sat fat should be. Think that can't be healthy, at least not long term.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weather gone downhill here this afternoon so probably good that cooper dog has gone home - I loved my walks in the sunshine and enjoyed a long one done this morning before the weather changed. Was working this pm - much easier working when raining out there.
Breakfast half gf high percentage pork sausage (shared with dog!) bacon and egg
Lunch coffee with cream
Dinner steak, asparagus and mushrooms in a hm lc sauce ( just butter and cream) with small glass of red wine followed by sf jelly, half a home grown strawberry - only a couple ripeso far- and fage yoghurt. Now having decaf coffee with cream and small amount of 100% choc.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
23-06-19
Breakfast, yoghurt and berries, followed by toast and peanut butter. After some tinkering with quantities think this could be a regular meal. Would need to be 100g yoghurt, 50g berries, 30g toast 30g peanut butter. Ofc it wasn't exactly that this morning :shifty:.
Coffee and cake, had one coconut rock. 10g carbs.
lunch, chicken thigh, salad (am bored with detailing the individual items), half a Lidl seeded roll ( 40g) cup of coffee.
after lunch. This is where it all goes wrong. Could not decide what to do. Grass needs topping, but thats a bit noisy and unsociable on a sunday afternoon. Did some deadheading, but with focus on vegetables was done in 15 mins. Some leeks need relocating, but unable to decide where to put them. Until leek question is settled cannot plant any more seeds. Tired from a day spent mostly digging yesterday. Plan was to continue today, but overnight Bl**dy moles made hills and tunnels in my new beds. Tired, bored and demotivated, downed most of a packet of chocolate digestives. Little while later MrS unknowing gave me tea and one coconut rock, helped myself to another before he intervened. Now its nearly dinner time, have nothing prepared and probably should not eat anyway.
Annoyed with myself. Have previously recognised that its unplanned/exhausted days am most likely to go off the rails, but that insight doesn't seem to prevent it happening.
Has anyone strategies for dealing with the munchies?
Really need some help here.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am the man who killed summer - bought a summer duvet today. Decided after ditching the base layer that at midsummer the 15.5 tog quilt could go for a while:banghead: Food was perfectly serviceable and LC as these things are reckoned if not as subterranean as the illuminati. Tea for B as per. NE1 2 x slices tongue in 2 x large flaxseed crackers with 2 x small but perfectly formed cherry vine toms and 4 slices cucumber. NE2 was chicken salad liberally clothed in h/m mayo. Definitely no summer duvet tonight. Not quite frez up my ninnie but Chilly McChillyface is visiting.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am the man who killed summer - bought a summer duvet today. Decided after ditching the base layer that at midsummer the 15.5 tog quilt could go for a while:banghead: Food was perfectly serviceable and LC as these things are reckoned if not as subterranean as the illuminati. Tea for B as per. NE1 2 x slices tongue in 2 x large flaxseed crackers with 2 x small but perfectly formed cherry vine toms and 4 slices cucumber. NE2 was chicken salad liberally clothed in h/m mayo. Definitely no summer duvet tonight. Not quite frez up my ninnie but Chilly McChillyface is visiting.
I have to own up that I dont have a duvet on our bed. I have pure wool blankets, with top quality sheets and a summer and winter eiderdown. I know I am an absolute dinosaur but its what we are comfortable with. All other beds in the househave duvets.
Food was posted earlier...sorry if I have sinned!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to own up that I dont have a duvet on our bed. I have pure wool blankets, with top quality sheets and a summer and winter eiderdown. I know I am an absolute dinosaur but its what we are comfortable with. All other beds in the househave duvets.

Oh my goodness, your bedding sounds heavenly. It reminds me of when I was little and stayed round my auntie’s - her beds were the same and I absolutely loved sleeping there.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness, your bedding sounds heavenly. It reminds me of when I was little and stayed round my auntie’s - her beds were the same and I absolutely loved sleeping there.
Blankets? Luxury. We were too poor for blankets. We used to dream of blankets. Chest rubbed with goose fat and wrapped in brown paper then off to the coal shed to sleep.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

My MIL has sheets, blankets and eiderdowns and I really struggle with them when we visit - the sheets go one way and the blankets go another and the eiderdowns slide off within the first few minutes and it ends up with me and Mr C freezing cold.

Mr C and I both have sleeping problems which mean we keep accidentally waking each other up so I had the (not so) bright idea of having two small 4ft double beds joined together to make an 8 foot wide bed - then, of course, no standard sheets fitted it so I had to make the fitted underneath sheets and the thing that goes over the base and then I sewed two duvets together and made some massive duvet covers. If I had thought it through a bit more I would sensibly have kept it as two beds pushed together with separate sheets and duvets because it's difficult changing the sheets and especially the duvet cover.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

B: scram eggs with chilli butter
L: forgot to eat, except for some Lindt 70%
D: reheated brisket (YUM!) with added butter. Am about to follow it with goatsmilk yog.

OOooh. Chilli butter? Do you make it yourself?

Reactions: Chook

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Chook and maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We’ve been lucky with the weather so far today. Don’t know yet if we are due storms tonight, so wondering if I should sleep downstairs on the sofa with Dennis just in case.
@SlimLizzy I wish I had an answer to your munchies question. You’re right, planning is the only way to stay ahead. Are you still trying to put some weight on?
3 meals today - I was hungry by 10:30 so NE1 was an egg, small slice of ham and Emmental.
NE2 prawns and salad with one of a new batch of the Hemsleys’ flaxseed buns -no maple syrup, sugar free or otherwise and I couldn’t taste any difference so won’t bother putting it in next time. These buns/ rolls are super and luckily match daughter’s fodmaps regime too.
NE3: baked salmon with the leftover sesame/ Parmesan crust and roast veg - aubergine, pepper, courgette, cauli.
Also made some of the chocolate nut squares @Goonergal recommended a while back and ate a couple with coffee in the afternoon. Lovely.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes! Fresh grated red chillis (and garlic, and seasonings) mixed into softened butter, shaped into portion sizes, and stored in freezer til needed.

I vaguely remember getting the ‘starter’ recipe from DietDoctor, but have probably morphed it out of all recognition since then.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/flavored-butter-in-six-different-ways

Thank you! I bet they'd freeze well in silicon ice cube moulds, then bag up. There'll be some of this coming to a house near me.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been so off it recently. That does not mean that I have not been cooking or even eating anything.
I have however been thinking about protein and the idea from some corners of the multiverse that the most efficient protein metabolists and weight management items are chicken, cheese and eggs.

So, I have been playing with a tamagoyaki pan (google! Will guide you) -
Tonight, a five egg Japanese omelette containing bacon, onion, mushroom and spinach accompanied by cauliflower steaks roasted in chicken fat with a parmesan crust.

upload_2019-6-23_20-21-12.jpeg

upload_2019-6-23_20-22-16.jpeg