Hypowallet review.

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just starting this thread off, to fill it in more tomorrow. Building a blog at the minute.

Just received my Hypowallet from BBI Healthcare, ordered one in prep for our holiday to Hawaii next weekend(!) It'll get a two week workout with us out there.

Inital thoughts:

• 1) Nice case - didn't realise it was hardened, good for the knocks it'll be taking on out travels.

2) Good size - just the right handful, and I would say small enough to fit in the boss's handbag!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!

Looks quite neat and tidy!

I can't stand hypostop though, the texture makes it almost impossible to consume!

Look foward to your review, although it would be good if you didn't have a chance to use it of course! :)

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too, but I ended up ordering one because of our trip. Hopefully get some photos up later.

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And I'm back :)

Just took a couple of pictures for this item, not much to say that already hasn't been said on the official site.

IMG_4972 by illist, on Flickr

Size comparison with standard mobile phone.

IMG_4976 by illist, on Flickr.

Contents which include:

1 x 60ml bottle of GlucoJuice.
1 x bottle (10) GlucoTabs.
2 x GlucoGel tubes.

Plus a diabetic wallet card and a small helper for anyone about hypos.

IMG_4977 by illist, on Flickr.

Better view of the two cards included. Nice use of the traffic light system for seriousness of hypos.

IMG_4980 by illist, on Flickr.

Finally a shot of the empty case, well made and tough feeling. Looking forward to carrying it about on our travels.

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a nice handful I would say. Don't feel like I'm going to drop it. Size is on a par with/a tad bigger than my USB Contour bag.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, oooh I like that... ideal for me in my handbag too, how much are they? I entered the competition couple of weeks ago and havent heard anything since. Great pictures too nice and clear. Anna.x :)

Marvin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I bought a couple... one for my car and one for my wife's car. Nice item, well made, neat and compact. Ideal for the glove box, and there is enough room inside to add a meusli bar or similar item as a follow-up carby snack. Take out the horrible hypo-stop (not needed with the other contents IMHO) and you can even fit a test kit inside if its a small one! I reckon its good value for money at £6.24 each including postage.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks for the review! FYI, when the Diabetes Shop goes live, we're hoping to do a deal with the manufacturer so we can sell it for less than the RRP, as least for a while - as it's been a VERY popular competition!

jopar

It's a bit large though isn't it as looking at it compared to my meter/remote for my pump it looks slightly larger!

Personally I think I stick to my time trusted and less bulkier solution of carrying a pack of Jelly Babies with me a lot nicer..

I just followed through the Hypo course and they spoke of the Hypo Wallet which is a brilliant concept. Sadly, Diabtes UK does not ship to Canada so I will have to get creative.