What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1561358700927.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 for me today

looking a bit grey this morning but at least it's not wet ;)
I'm going to have a go at sorting out some of my yarn stash today... maybe :)
must be absorption by osmosis of all the downsizing or moving posts ;) it definitely needs a good tidy and perhaps a bit of a pruning :sorry:

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning from 4.1 last night. When I was on insulin 4.1 was a dangerous level to go to bed with but now I am not on insulin it's ok.

Back to work this morning but a relaxing 6hrs instead of my normal 10 hrs on a Monday. Will have time to read Saturdays 'I' newspaper in the cafe at the nearby garden centre.

Spoke to daughter this morning - they all really enjoyed the weekend and wished they could have stayed longer.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another grey morning another upward move - 6.3 this morning! Made a big mistake on Saturday afternoon and had 1/2 square of M&S 100% choc. I(love dark choc but suffer with migraines hence only 1/2 square) I have had a migraine since. The pain is beginning to recede but I will feel groggy for the next 24 hours at least.
Therefore assorted bars of 85%+ chocolate - free to a good home!!
Take care
I do hope that you feel a lot better very soon. Migraines are really horrible. I am sure you will find a good home for the 100%.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He is an only child and just like his dad functions best when he has some time to do his own thing on his own.

Still it is only a week, Switzerland indeed is an amazing place (we visited two years ago) and he is with friends, plus they will be visiting some amazing places starting with some ice caves today. I am sure he will have a great time.
I hope it works out well for him either way. When my high school band went to Miami I was in a motel room with 4 other girls -- it was too many for me, but sometimes you just have to grin and bear it. I hope he will have a wonderful time in Switzerland. I was 19 when I visited it -- very nice country I thought.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you holidaying in Cyprus.

If so welcome and have a great time!
Late scores...
Katsu chicken at airport.
Cashew nuts n bloody Mary's in flight entertainment.
Finally at room 230 local time. (2hrs in front)
BG just now 4.7...not a score I usually get without a little shaky feeling, so retook..5.1
Happy with that

Thought does cross my mind that flight / air pressure might of had some impact .

Anyways, lovely n hot right now.
Quick pic of balcony view.

View attachment 33892

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is a super place - what a nice thing to do for your FIL.
He loves it there. His happy place. And it's a very special birthday so thought it would be a good idea. He has been in training for the past 6 months walking around and around... his front room! He intends to walk everywhere in Norfolk.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
He loves it there. His happy place. And it's a very special birthday so thought it would be a good idea. He has been in training for the past 6 months walking around and around... his front room! He intends to walk everywhere in Norfolk.
It sounds as though he is really looking forward to it and will have a wonderful day.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning from 4.1 last night. When I was on insulin 4.1 was a dangerous level to go to bed with but now I am not on insulin it's ok.

Back to work this morning but a relaxing 6hrs instead of my normal 10 hrs on a Monday. Will have time to read Saturdays 'I' newspaper in the cafe at the nearby garden centre.

Spoke to daughter this morning - they all really enjoyed the weekend and wished they could have stayed longer.

It did sound like a lovely weekend and the pleasure it gave you is well reflected in your fbg.
You’ve done amazingly well: getting such great levels is a feat on its own but especially as you’ve come off insulin too - have you managed such good control just by diet? ( sorry if there is info in your signature - I use the app and can’t see that bit)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another grey morning another upward move - 6.3 this morning! Made a big mistake on Saturday afternoon and had 1/2 square of M&S 100% choc. I(love dark choc but suffer with migraines hence only 1/2 square) I have had a migraine since. The pain is beginning to recede but I will feel groggy for the next 24 hours at least.
Therefore assorted bars of 85%+ chocolate - free to a good home!!
Take care

Hugs for the migraine, I used to suffer terribly with them and well remember how debilitating they were, also the ‘bruised brain’ feeling that lasted a couple of days afterwards.
I’ve no idea what my triggers were but I don’t seem to get them recently. I have heard you can grow out of them so maybe I did. Hope you do too, but such a shame you can’t have a teeny bit of chocolate.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 this morning which will do. Said goodbye (for now) to eldest son yesterday evening who is flying to Dublin on Friday to start his new job and new life. I was remembering when I left Ireland to come to London in 1983 to be with my now husband. It was very difficult mainly because my little brother who was only 12 at the time and I were extremely close and he sobbed against me in the car to the ferry. That was hard. These days everyone travels around so much more that it doesnt seem such a big deal to move to Europe. He is 28 and it is a good career move and a new adventure. Lots of my friends are predicting he will meet the love of his life there, as his Dad did. Already about to book flights for a weekend to see him in August.
@Bubbsie hope all goes well at the anti coag clinic.@pavlosn glad your son has arrived safely and I’m sure he will adapt to his rooming and have a great time.
@jjraak like wise good to know you’re safely there. Great BG but holidays really agree with you. Come to think of it it does me too. Keep posting.
Have a great Monday if you can. Batten down the hatches for some.Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
aid goodbye (for now) to eldest son yesterday evening who is flying to Dublin on Friday to start his new job and new life.
He'll have a fabulous time in Dublin PM...mind you I am biased here my family are Dubliners...nowadays it's just a hop skip & a jump to get there...and wonderful to have a reason to visit Ireland more often...off to clinic shortly hoping to extend my appointments...but INR levels are so difficult to control...far more whimsical than my diabetes.