kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
Afternoon All

I have recently moved onto Fiasp after years of using Humalog. I haven't changed needles but I am bruising quite badly with every injection. Is this normal? I didn't get it unless I had a haematoma before

Many thanks

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Afternoon All

I have recently moved onto Fiasp after years of using Humalog. I haven't changed needles but I am bruising quite badly with every injection. Is this normal? I didn't get it unless I had a haematoma before

Many thanks
I'm bruising with Fiasp. I'm new to this so don't know what normal looks like.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm bruising with Fiasp. I'm new to this so don't know what normal looks like.

Hi Ert
Maybe it is a side effect then? I'm 20 years in and have never experienced this amount of bruising :(

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have periods where I bruise quiet a bit with Fiasp, so every so often I get a week where I seem to get a lot of bruises and then I go for months without seeing any - but then the same happened with Novorapid so I'm not convinced that Fiasp has anything to do with it for me at least.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have periods where I bruise quiet a bit with Fiasp, so every so often I get a week where I seem to get a lot of bruises and then I go for months without seeing any - but then the same happened with Novorapid so I'm not convinced that Fiasp has anything to do with it for me at least.

Thanks Rokaab
I hope mine stops soon. Not a chance I could wear shorts atm (going to be a lovely weekend too) - but I look like I have taken a tumble down the stairs

D

Deleted Account

I have periods where I bruise quiet a bit with Fiasp
"Periods" was the thing that was relevant for me. I bruise easily but bruise even more easily for about a week every month.
I now use a pump and only changed to Fiasp since pumping so can't really comment on whether it is more of a bruiser than NovoRapid.
However, for the first two of three months of Fiasp, I found it would sting when I bolused. I think my body has got used to it now and I no longer notice. But this could be related to the bruising.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
"Periods" was the thing that was relevant for me. I bruise easily but bruise even more easily for about a week every month.
I now use a pump and only changed to Fiasp since pumping so can't really comment on whether it is more of a bruiser than NovoRapid.
However, for the first two of three months of Fiasp, I found it would sting when I bolused. I think my body has got used to it now and I no longer notice. But this could be related to the bruising.

Ah, I haven't had shark week yet :happy: Hopefully the bruising is not worse for me then!!