Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Once they've tested though you'll know exactly what's going on - it can be strangely reassuring :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Doah - perhaps I should read posts properly

I should read properly too! I managed not to see the post lunch reading at all :rolleyes:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Delticmatt100 soon you will learn the two diabetes mantras:
- " Everyone is different"
- "There are many things which affect our BG"

The second may go someway to answer your *** is going on.
The post breakfast rise may be due to
- too little insulin
- a bad night's sleep
- dawn phenomenon (might be useful to look that up)
- something on your finger which affected the reading and the 10.9 was false

And then your hypo may be caused by
- too much insulin
- an incorrect starting point due to a false reading
- exercise

We cannot always explain why our BG goes up or down. I think the important thing is to watch out for trends. If you always experience a high before lunch, you could increase your breakfast insulin dose. If it was a one off, don't stress. This thread usually blames colour of socks for a weird reading or weird day.

I have to ask - what is the "Deltic" name? Are you are railway enthusiast?
Could odd socks be taken into account for diabetes behaviour? :hilarious:

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes deltics my favourite. Class 55. Used to be 22 in br days. Only 6 survived and are preservation ones. Been into trains since I was 2.
@Delticmatt100 soon you will learn the two diabetes mantras:
- " Everyone is different"
- "There are many things which affect our BG"

The second may go someway to answer your *** is going on.
The post breakfast rise may be due to
- too little insulin
- a bad night's sleep
- dawn phenomenon (might be useful to look that up)
- something on your finger which affected the reading and the 10.9 was false

And then your hypo may be caused by
- too much insulin
- an incorrect starting point due to a false reading
- exercise

We cannot always explain why our BG goes up or down. I think the important thing is to watch out for trends. If you always experience a high before lunch, you could increase your breakfast insulin dose. If it was a one off, don't stress. This thread usually blames colour of socks for a weird reading or weird day.

I have to ask - what is the "Deltic" name? Are you are railway enthusiast?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not only socks........but underwear in general - thats why I never change mine :p

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I quite like the idea of floating in the plant biome but somehow the rest of it doesn't appeal :joyful::joyful:

It feels so very early and I totally feel I need another hour or two in bed. Ho hum, not gonna happen. It is 1274 days until I retire (according to my countdown app) - bring it on!!!

Now, I can explain what triggered the hypo dream about the glowing laser show of a plant based bio mechanical sprawling star ship...

In daylight if I go low, I see flashing white LEDs.. In the dark, (or with eyes shut.) they can be green..
It was quite a majestic peice of cinematography is as I zoomed into the structure & became one of it's inhabitants.

..... Or maybe I was the ravenous alien?? o_O;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got my bf to attend to my feet, oh it was a feet curling 20 mins. Now I have near enough soft feet like my baby cousin. :hilarious:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hope everyone has had a good day.
Exam marking grind, 500 still to mark but needed a break and went thrashing nettles. I'm sure they sting more now than when I was a kid. I lovely time though fighting in the shady areas and getting nibbled by bugs.
Madam is behaving despite being fed a slice of toast for lunch.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
nettles. I'm sure they sting more now than when I was a kid.
How funny! I remember as a kid nettles gave me angry red bumps, almost blisters, and very sore too. Nowadays I just shrug it off. Or maybe my body has learned to handle them better, it's almost every day I touch a nettle.
On the up side, nettle stings are said to be good for arthritis :)

Reactions: hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think my summer body is coming, I just finished my tub of ben and jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. Do potatoes still look good in their bikinis? :hilarious: