What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
Work day and resting knee which is improving thankfully. Also made a new batch of lc seeded crispbreads which then featured a lot in my food choices!
@Chook hope you feel better soon - hugs heading in your direction.
@maglil55 wonderful food and menus.
Today’s food - back to three small meals
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch half tin of sardines in olive oil with some seeded crispbreads
Dinner some crispbreads nibbledwhilst cooking! Ham, mushroom and cheese omelette with green salad and yes you’ve guessed it more crispbreads. Pudding hm rhubarb fool - made new batch today and about to have decaf coffee and small amount of 100% choc.
Planning swimming in morning but bit nervous about my first libre sensor and hope it copes! Anyone else done it @maglil55 ? Did wonder about covering with waterproof plaster/cover. Says should be ok up to 30mins but I’m a bit nervous because of price of sensor!
I used Tegaderm. It's a clear covering so doesn't look weird. I should also add I do 1 hour aqua sessions sometimes without the Tegaderm. I certainly wouldn't go in the steam room with a sensor on. Once you put Tegaderm on leave it on either until it lifts itself or it's time for the sensor to be changed.
Abbott also seem to have improved the adhesive they stick a lot more firmly now.

Reactions: Chook

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I used Tegaderm. It's a clear covering so doesn't look weird. I should also add I do 1 hour aqua sessions sometimes without the Tegaderm. I certainly wouldn't go in the steam room with a sensor on. Once you put Tegaderm on leave it on either until it lifts itself or it's time for the sensor to be changed.
Abbott also seem to have improved the adhesive they stick a lot more firmly now.
Big thank you I did buy some clear covering like tegaderm and wondered so will try it I was concerned about afterwards if it may pull sensor off so leaving it on sounds good advice and I will avoid steam room this time just do jacuzzi with arm out and spend extra time in gym and less in pool as usually do up to 50 lengths and would be too long I feel. Thanks

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah thanks. Sadly there will be no green rice in freezers in Germany - I have one week here to try it (and read the ingredients so I can make my own).
The same goes for rollitos, but I’ll definitely buy some before I go. Snacks for the ferry?

Food today.
Breakfast before travelling. LC toasted roll with blue cheese, and a few strawberries with the last of the yoghurt.
On the road. Almonds, water and 2 babybel I found in the cool bag, still good.
We stopped at a restaurant when nearly back to Dad. I ordered a marinated, grilled chicken slice, plus salad. Asked them not to bring chips, but yes to the ‘salad garnish.’ They brought me a whole bowl of mixed salad to replace the chips. Lovely.
Tea. LC bread with Camembert and cheddar. (I know - cheesaholic, pathetic). Plus 5 cherry toms. Raspberries, blueberries and a few strawberries with Greek yoghurt. Probably more than I should have had- but it was so good!
Both can be easily home made as you can’t get the pre prepared ones outside UK.
The cauliflower and broccoli rice are just frozen chopped bits of the veggies. I use a food processor to quickly chop them to a rice like size open freeze on a lined tray( I use a reusable silicone mat for all my open freezing as food dosent stick when frozen) and then break up and put in bag or container. To cook I grab a lump of the froz veg/rice and either fry from frozen or cook in microwave. More work than Iceland version but once prepared easy.
I also buy cheese and ham ( or use own cooked ham) which if sliced thinly can be used to wrap bits of cheese! But must admit most times to not bothering with the rolling up part! If you want the Spanish version you can buy manchego cheese and Spanish ham or chorizo. They may not look as neat but taste good.
Meanwhile some m and s rollitos for the ferry sound good they are easy to transport and eat! I’ve bought for picnics when out and about.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember nylon sheets very well - horrible things! My ex MIL used to get hers from Brentford Nylons (amazing the stuff i remember from way back when). Her nylon sheets used to build up static electricity which made my hair stand on end and if i wore anything made of a similar fabric to bed the nightwear and the sheets would cling to me and ti each other and i got a mini crackly static firework display as i turned over or got out of bed. I have Egyptian cotton now.

Oh yes I remember them too, I also had nylon pjs so I slipped around and crackled all night long.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today’s food has been CWC and TWAM all morning
Lunch: cauliflower steak topped with feta and chilli. Very nice but not filling enough had a couple of the chocolate nut squares for pud them some salami about 1/2 hr later.
Dinner was a sort of cottage pie topped with mashed celeriac and Parmesan. Bit of an unusual mince element as I was making it fodmaps friendly so no onion or garlic. Put aubergine and celery in, and a fair amount of herbs. Some chopped anchovies melted in at the start helped to give a good umami flavour.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast :Homemade granola, almond milk, hi lo toast and butter
Lunch: Turkey, sopocka, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, small cube of cheese. Cherries, cream and choc granola
Dinner: Chicken in cheese and chorizo with roasted broccoli and asparagus.
Snack: Two squares of 90% lindt, peanuts
Supper: Granola and almond milk

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We are all entitled to our opinion but all I can say is God protect us, from ourselves. The Donald started with his wall and we have blindly followed.
@PenguinMum don't confuse what I wrote with my opinion. BTW our problems are all home made and our generation ( 60- 85 ish) should hang its head in shame. @Tori71 hope the arm is continuing to heal and nice menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19 and Tori71

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian and I cant disagree with that. As always just hoping the best for our children.
Wrong thread but probably best not to make eye contact with grandchildren if you cry easily. On topic, just wandered around the garden and quality tested strawberries and raspberries,

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Very naughty breakfast - "breakfast bread pudding", very small portion. I had taken it out of the freezer to throw away, but I was too lazy to do anything else and I just ate it! I did take a little extra insulin to try to counteract it, which, of course, didn't work.

Lunch was a small portion - all that was left in the freezer - of a delicious fish stew - a mixture of Mediterranean veggies, white fish and oily fish. There wasn't much of it so I had to pad it out with a couple of RyVita.

Tonight it's chilli con carne and some Mediterranean salad. The chilli is the last in the freezer - I gave the rest to my son to eat because I was very wary of the spice. I might put some yoghurt with it to cool it down a bit but I will eat it now that my stomach is just about back to normal after the konjak "rice" on Friday. My other son bought me some fresh berries today, so I might finish with some of those.

Turned out not to be chilli at all - wrongly labelled. It was a rather pleasant beef stew so I didn't need to cool it down with yoghurt. The Greek style salad was good. Used the yoghurt with half a dozen strawberries for dessert.

D

Deleted member 308541

I remember nylon sheets very well - horrible things! My ex MIL used to get hers from Brentford Nylons (amazing the stuff i remember from way back when).
My cousins partner worked for Brentford Nylons back in the "Swinging Sixties", all the families got them for xmas presents.

Cotton sheets are best cool in summer and you do not slip off the bed either... :D

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wrong thread but probably best not to make eye contact with grandchildren if you cry easily. On topic, just wandered around the garden and quality tested strawberries and raspberries,
Sounds delightful...bet your strawberries are a million times tastier than those in the shops.

Reactions: Tori71

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds delightful...bet your strawberries are a million times tastier than those in the shops.
I think so but to be fair to the commercial growers I don't have a deadline or a price to meet. Theirs may also taste just as nice if eaten within seconds of picking.

Reactions: Viv19 and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I think so but to be fair to the commercial growers I don't have a deadline or a price to meet. Theirs may also taste just as nice if eaten within seconds of picking.

Maybe not - my BIL (whoss a buyer for a major supermarket) says commercial growers chose heavy cropping and keepability over taste. He says grows his own soft fruits and tomatoes because of the taste difference.

Reactions: Viv19
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yetserday: Nothing as I did not feel like eating anything after the echocardiogram. I did have 30 minutes. x 2 lpm O² when I got home though, not very tasty.
Dinner Corn beef (tinned) savoury hash, with onion, tomato and spudlites.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19