What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your weekend sounded fabulous in every way. I am interested in Vit C helping out with low BG. I am now taking a slow release Vit C daily but while I was on holiday I had a couple of wedges of orange with breakfast about one quarter of a large orange and it certainly didnt raise my BG as I expected it to do.
I started taking vitamin C recently - just because I felt it might be helpful for general health when I noticed lower blood sugars - especially fbs in the morning. Not a huge difference but enough to wonder what was happening.

I had also changed 2 other things so in order to rule out the vitamin C I did a search and came across this link on this website https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...ucose-levels-in-type-2-diabetes-95348957.html.

So it does look as though the vitamin C does make a difference - in conjunction with low carb.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started taking vitamin C recently - just because I felt it might be helpful for general health when I noticed lower blood sugars - especially fbs in the morning. Not a huge difference but enough to wonder what was happening.

I had also changed 2 other things so in order to rule out the vitamin C I did a search and came across this link on this website https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...ucose-levels-in-type-2-diabetes-95348957.html.

So it does look as though the vitamin C does make a difference - in conjunction with low carb.
Thanks for the link Krystyna its very interesting. Clearly the pills are more concentrated and fructose free. I used to love oranges.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum it must have been a very emotional parting yesterday evening, good idea to immediately book your Aug weekend in Dublin. You’re right that the world is a smaller place now so it’ll be a doddle to pop over and see him.

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An unexpected 5.2 this morning :) Had a curry last night and went to bed on a 7.0 so was guessing at at least 6.2, but no. This is why the whole thing confuses me, when I'm eating 'to plan' I have to virtually starve myself to get low numbers.

Last night I had my bedtime snack a couple of hours later than usual -- and my FBG this morning was the lowest it's been in nearly a week, and about as low as it was when I was doing LCHF. I don't eat to a plan, I just try to keep the carbs to a moderate level. (I don't always succeed.)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ps....buffet, so also had... egg bacon sausage. And a naughty, naughty TOAST...:wideyed:

Delish..;) :D

( 6 dollars...unlimited food n coffee, fruit juices :***:..etc)

Off into town, cats n dogs await Lauren's cat n doggie treats.

So lotions, hat , sunnies.. biscuits..check.

and for those not so blessed.
Here's my new mate ..SOL.:happy:

View attachment 33898

So that's where SOL has got off to this morning ... I've been wondering ...

He was here smiling through tears the other day ...

thumbnail

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night I had my bedtime snack a couple of hours later than usual -- and my FBG this morning was the lowest it's been in nearly a week, and about as low as it was when I was doing LCHF. I don't eat to a plan, I just try to keep the carbs to a moderate level. (I don't always succeed.)

I agree in that I have no plan. Last year I was really cranky about my numbers, fasted for a week etc
and whilst I admire everyone that has lost weight, I haven't lost anywhere near what others have. I think it's because I don't really understand and I've just lowered my carbs. 'Tis the Way of the Wryd, all magic to me :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree in that I have no plan. Last year I was really cranky about my numbers, fasted for a week etc
and whilst I admire everyone that has lost weight, I haven't lost anywhere near what others have. I think it's because I don't really understand and I've just lowered my carbs. 'Tis the Way of the Wryd, all magic to me :)

I went all LCHF a year ago when first diagnosed T2. I lost 27 pounds over the summer. I haven't lost a pound since, and when my doctor told me my LDL cholesterol was too high, I quit the LCHF and started eating oat products. And occasionally other grains as well. I want to lose another 27 pounds but I also want to keep my cholesterol and BP and FBG in some sort of balance, as well as just plain feel good. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh @SaskiaKC thats a bit posh for a garbage truck look like it should be on a royal car. Re BG and LCHF I stick to approximate levels of carbs and do tend to eat meals that have been well tested. Lately I have been finding too much meat gives me higher levels and its not what I eat with it cos its salad or brocolli unless there is a combo thing going on. So to cut to the chase I often have surprise readings too, good or bad.
How is the KC today, normal service resumed?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay!

I hope your appointment went well.

Please tell Harry I'm sorry our MACK garbage trucks no longer seem to have their hood ornaments --

4472b7e46b7250b34b0cf76b4ead8cd6.jpg
I didn't get the numbers I'd hoped for so back in another week Saskia….good grief Harry has a doppelganger ... I'd love one of those I'd put it on my car.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gosh @SaskiaKC thats a bit posh for a garbage truck look like it should be on a royal car. Re BG and LCHF I stick to approximate levels of carbs and do tend to eat meals that have been well tested. Lately I have been finding too much meat gives me higher levels and its not what I eat with it cos its salad or brocolli unless there is a combo thing going on. So to cut to the chase I often have surprise readings too, good or bad.
How is the KC today, normal service resumed?

Thank you for asking. No "movement" on the KC front yet this morning but she ate two very good breakfasts and seems to feel fine.

Actually I just realized that "front" was rather a bad choice of word on my part ...

Hood ornament idea for a royal car --

bronze_pembroke_welsh_corgi_hood_ornament.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't get the numbers I'd hoped for so back in another week Saskia….good grief Harry has a doppelganger Saskia... I'd love one of those I'd put it on my car.

I'm sorry about your numbers. I hope they will be better next time. I have a doc appointment just under a month from now ... I have no idea how my numbers will be ... so much juggling ... :confused:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for asking. No "movement" on the KC front yet this morning but she ate two very good breakfasts and seems to feel fine.

Actually I just realized that "front" was rather a bad choice of word on my part ...

Hood ornament idea for a royal car --

bronze_pembroke_welsh_corgi_hood_ornament.jpg

You have just reminded me of yesterday I went to the garden centre for a couple of Dahlias and parked next to a shiny navy blue Bentley with the chauffeur polishing the bonnet/hood. I was most surprised and wondered what titled person was inside. Anyway didnt see anybody and was in a rush to get through the tills where the assistant was walky talkying the manager saying a customer wanted to spend £5,000. I would have thought that would be entire shop! I will never know as when I returned to my car the Bentley was gone.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have just reminded me of yesterday I went to the garden centre for a couple of Dahlias and parked next to a shiny navy blue Bentley with the chauffeur polishing the bonnet/hood. I was most surprised and wondered what titled person was inside. Anyway didnt see anybody and was in a rush to get through the tills where the assistant was walky talkying the manager saying a customer wanted to spend £5,000. I would have thought that would be entire shop! I will never know as when I returned to my car the Bentley was gone.

Maybe if they have any stock left the Bentley will come back for it -- while you are there. :)

There was a Bentley outside the grocery store here a couple of months ago. No chauffeur in sight -- maybe he was inside doing the grocery shopping! It didn't look like a Bentley to me at first glance -- no hood ornament. But by the time I walked around it I saw "Bentley" spelled out on the back.

I miss hood ornaments. Even Jags and Mercedeseseses don't have them these days.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe if they have any stock left the Bentley will come back for it -- while you are there. :)

There was a Bentley outside the grocery store here a couple of months ago. No chauffeur in sight -- maybe he was inside doing the grocery shopping! It didn't look like a Bentley to me at first glance -- no hood ornament. But by the time I walked around it I saw "Bentley" spelled out on the back.

I miss hood ornaments. Even Jags and Mercedeseseses don't have them these days.

Health n safety I'd say @SaskiaKC .

Plus the beastie boys started the car emblem craze, with the VW....Sure a few mercs lost their emblem due to 'over enthusiasm_
Can't say I've seen the 3 pointed star 'circle' on recent mercs. ??
Does seem to be an aversion to adding ornaments, as it's unclear in the event of damage to others (pedestrian), who would be liable...easy route out, no mascots I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau