Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
How funny! I remember as a kid nettles gave me angry red bumps, almost blisters, and very sore too. Nowadays I just shrug it off. Or maybe my body has learned to handle them better, it's almost every day I touch a nettle.
On the up side, nettle stings are said to be good for arthritis :)
That's a good bit of news about the arthritis but it's odd that I get stung one day and it's still tingling the next. As a kid I used to rub the sting with burdock leaves, can't remember if it worked or what burdock looks like now. Another memory has popped in, Corona dandelion and burdock pop!!

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My brain is melting in this heat (34 Celsius today). I'm turning myself in a frio bag by stepping in the shower every hour, shirt and all, and sitting in front of 2 fans to let the evaporating water from my shirt cool me.
I've got the impression my insulin isn't working as good as normally, so either it got too hot or I am too hot, messing with my insulin needs. I'll try to remember to be careful when starting a new penfill...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My brain is melting in this heat (34 Celsius today). I'm turning myself in a frio bag by stepping in the shower every hour, shirt and all, and sitting in front of 2 fans to let the evaporating water from my shirt cool me.
I've got the impression my insulin isn't working as good as normally, so either it got too hot or I am too hot, messing with my insulin needs. I'll try to remember to be careful when starting a new penfill...
Would you like a sweaty hug? :hilarious:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Are you asking if odd socks cause unpredictable BG or whether high (or low) BG can lead you to selecting odd socks?
I think the answer to both is "conceivably". :)

Sometimes my socks walk to the washing machine by themselves lolo_O but I always wear matching socks, and my BG still plays up :rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Same hot weather in France too, that's just too hot for me, hope it cools down for you soon.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're almost making me want to try a nighttime hypo!

I've been doing them since I was a kid & always woken up & sorted myself... Lol, my parents didn't even know till my dad saw the milk gone for his morning cuppa... :banghead:

Nowadays, even my wife don't have a clue. But I have learned to leave the milk alone.. :)
The only time I seem to dream is if I'm low. There is always on reflection a "trigger" in there telling me to wake up.

Personally, I wouldn't recomend anyone intentionally trying it.

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have finally sent an email to uni about my situation, it was tough because I haven't checked my uni inbox for 5 months in fear of reading what they have to say. :(
But my bf held my hand and helped me with my email, so I feel a bit better. :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m so full I can’t move. Made a lovely carbonara. Is it gin o’clock?
It's gin o'clock whenever you want it to be with some of the kids you're dealing with! Gin and I aren't friends but wine o'clock - that's a different story....

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning guys. Different coffee this morning. Not nearly such a kick. Gonna be hard to shake my brain cell awake but I must; it's my long day and my mate at the office went home sick yesterday. Mind you, I was telling her to from the moment she arrived. Thankfully she's seeing the doc today and I've told her for goodness sake stay at home until you feel well. Not just slightly better, but actually well!

Which means a quiet day for moi, and much work. But hey - that's how the sausage rolls!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, awoke early, no work again, but will get on with things in the house also I have some food shopping to do, top up credit on mobile, order Pebbles spot on Advocate from Vets and telephone council to get my sharps box collected.
Awoke on a 5.0, even the dull dark rain won't put a damper on that reading :happy:
Happy Tuesday guys :)

Reactions: karen8967 and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Could someone talk to me about Spotify please? There are some podcasts on there I very much want to listen to but I've never joined and am doubtful. I know nothing - please edumacate me?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Could someone talk to me about Spotify please? There are some podcasts on there I very much want to listen to but I've never joined and am doubtful. I know nothing - please edumacate me?

Hi I have never used it, but I'm sure someone will be along to help. Here's a video to browse through.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo we have had Spotify about 5 years now. There are two levels you can sign up for, free with adverts and paid. We pay, but no longer purchase cds When we moved we got rid of stuff. We have two WiFi speakers in different rooms and play throughout house in sync, controlled from his/my phone. Hubby has put together different play lists which he saves. For example Fridays are 70s but Sundays are swing. Every week he trawls through new releases and adds if we like. Actually for us it has been the best thing. He has always been a big music fan but finds this so much more relaxing than having physical records and cds. It gives variety of artists.