Need advice!!

Wen0917

I lost about 4 kg last month. I do test my blood regularly. Thanks!
Well you're certainly not the atypical T2 put it that way so I'd suggest keep an open mind as to your diabetes type.

You may find you suddenly start to feel thirsty and pee a lot, loose weight (with out really trying) because you may just be at the very start of T1, or you could be a very early starting LADA where T1 starts very slowly, or theres MODY a genetic diabetes, who's to say your relatives although labelled T2 weren't in fact some of these which would increase the chances of you also being one of those to an extent.

BTW an early T1 tested with c-pep can easily give a false negative due to the honeymoon period. I don't suppose you have a blood glucose meter you can test at home with?

Reactions: slip

Wen0917

Thanks for the info, this is my first time hearing about MODY, will definitely look mor into it.
This is another one to keep an eye out for.
How Is MODY Diagnosed?

In general, the symptoms of MODY are mild and show up gradually. That's why many people first learn they have it when a routine blood test shows they have abnormal blood sugar levels.

If a blood sugar test shows you have diabetes, a doctor might suspect that you have MODY for reasons such as:

You were diagnosed with diabetes in adolescence or early adulthood.
You have several generations of people in your family who have had diabetes.
You don't have the typical features of type 1 or a type 2 diabetes such as obesity or high blood pressure.

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/mody-lada-diabetes-symptoms-treatment#1

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
@Wen0917 You've done remarkably well getting your numbers down then! With numbers like that you should have your next HBA1C down pretty well but I concur with the others to just keep an eye out for other things. Would rather you not have any struggles down the line.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Wen0917 - When you say you live in an Asian country, are you of Asian heritage? If that is the case, the usual European views of BMI aren't quite in play. It is usually considered those of Asian heritage need to be at a slightly lower BMI, although if I am totally candid, I don't know what that range would be.

Earlier this year, I spent a couple of months in Thailand, and because I was a bit concerned about my eating patterns - eating in lots of restaurants and so on, so no control over sugars added, whilst understanding the sweet, sour, salt and spice combinations.

Actually, I had my best ever HbA1c score there. All I had done was pass on noodle dishes, avoind the sweet and sour dishes (not really to my taste anyway) and not order rice. Of ourse, to a local bystander, my meals sometimes looked a bit odd, but they were always delicious.

Good luck with it all