Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@becca59 - if I get the free one to start with, how frequent are the ads please - and do they go on for yonks?

I have found the podcasts I particularly want on Youtube so if there are loads of intrusive ads on Spotify I'll stick with Youtube. (I wanted the Earthling Ed podcasts).

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Agree with you :happy:

We have a well known Gin factory about 8 miles away, right in the middle of a tiny village and just before the most beautiful thatched cottages and surroundings, it's horrible and such a shame :( it's nothing but a carbuncle on the landscape :mad:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@WuTwo is Spotify the only way to get the podcasts you want?
There are other podcast apps which do not have the ads.
That said, Free Spotify adds are not that often. I have never timed it but I would guess they are about every 15 to 20 minutes and last less than a minute. I have only used Spotify for music and the ads never interrupt a track. That said, I don't listen to classical music so the tracks are not that long.

I do apologise - I edited - I found the podcasts on Youtube so I think - for the moment - I'll stick with that. I'll get the free Spotify though - I might love it!

Thanks @becca59 and @helensaramay for your trouble :)

Reactions: Knikki

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo Spotify ads seem to be a bit random depending on what part of the day you listen, they seem to appear after about 4 or 6 songs and last for 30 seconds, you cant jump past them or you might get a couple of ads playing one after another.

I don't know what Spotify is like for Classical it is not somewhere I have explored yet, but for free its OK.

Morning

Woke up with Libra telling me I was dead :rolleyes: as it said LO and said that for all night, which I think was incorrect as despite smelling a bit wiffy in the heat I certainly don't smell of decomp :hilarious:

Basically woke up below 4 which while not great is OK and now sat here with a 5.8 while the coffee and carbs kick in :)
im glad your not dead knikki...:dead:

Reactions: Daphne917

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, I woke up on 4.4 and to dark clouds and rain, but it feels humid.
Figuring out what to eat for breakfast is indeed a difficult task. Is ice cream good enough for breakfast? :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki
I saw someone use a portable charger to charge their miaomiao. I remembered you said you were stuck plugged into your computer and can’t move.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hi I have never used it, but I'm sure someone will be along to help. Here's a video to browse through.

I have d/l the free version so thank you very much for this instruction thingy!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 - if I get the free one to start with, how frequent are the ads please - and do they go on for yonks?

I have found the podcasts I particularly want on Youtube so if there are loads of intrusive ads on Spotify I'll stick with Youtube. (I wanted the Earthling Ed podcasts).

Sorry don’t know as didn’t godown that route.

Reactions: WuTwo

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just realised I didn't take my bolus at breakfast, I was going to do it just after I had eaten :eek:. No wonder I was feeling it on the bike to work this morning. I've yet to do a test, but I'm guessing I'm up in the 20's :wideyed:

edit: 21.5!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning everyone, been catching up. Himindoors’ birthday yesterday so been doing other things.
Still salivating at the image of the cherry liquor chocs, @Antje77, we used to be able to buy them in Lidl a couple of years back but not seen them here in the U.K. for a while. I wonder why? What could have gone wrong? Cat’s disappointed too, the scrunched up wrappers were his favourite. He likes chasing a bit of bling.
Damp walk down the garden biome earlier in my night clothes - no undies, no socks, and BG liked it compared to usual FotF clothed mornings. Could this be the secret key to good control?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a question for you T1's.
I have my first yearly appointment with my internist in 2 weeks so I'll need to hand over some of my blood and urine this week.
Until the start of this year I was treated by my lovely GP nurse but I requested an date with an internist to see if we could find out what type I have. Despite negative GAD results the internist agreed it looks more like T1 than T2 and was willing to take me as a T1 patient.

I looked at the lab form and it seems there will be a lot less tests than I had through the GP as a T2, seems they're only interested in hba1c and kidneys (Hba1c, natrium (is that sodium in English?), kalium (English: potassium?) and creatinine, and a urine test for microabumin/creatinine ratio).

So are those the usual tests with T1? Or are you having more? I know the guidelines may be different here in the Netherlands, so I've asked the Dutch diabetes association as well, they'll call me back, but I'm still curious.
And besides, it's way too hot to move or even think, so why not bother people with my musings. At least it gives me something to do while waiting for the heat to subside :p

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
I have a question for you T1's.
I have my first yearly appointment with my internist in 2 weeks so I'll need to hand over some of my blood and urine this week.
Until the start of this year I was treated by my lovely GP nurse but I requested an date with an internist to see if we could find out what type I have. Despite negative GAD results the internist agreed it looks more like T1 than T2 and was willing to take me as a T1 patient.

I looked at the lab form and it seems there will be a lot less tests than I had through the GP as a T2, seems they're only interested in hba1c and kidneys (Hba1c, natrium (is that sodium in English?), kalium (English: potassium?) and creatinine, and a urine test for microabumin/creatinine ratio).

So are those the usual tests with T1? Or are you having more? I know the guidelines may be different here in the Netherlands, so I've asked the Dutch diabetes association as well, they'll call me back, but I'm still curious.
And besides, it's way too hot to move or even think, so why not bother people with my musings. At least it gives me something to do while waiting for the heat to subside :p

Hi Antje. Have you had a c peptide test? This is a little molecule that is attached to insulin when it is made in the pancreas then it comes away from the insulin once it is released into the blood stream. It’s measurement serves as an indicator of how much insulin you are making ( doing an actual measurement of insulin would be useless in someone who is injecting insulin). Type 1 diabetics make little to virtually no insulin but type 2s usually make a lot of insulin as their primary problem is insulin resistance ( unless very long-standing or poorly controlled when their pancreas just “wears out”). Might be worth asking for. Cheers. Leeanne

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon everyone, grey, warm and wet here, very depressing. The dentist cleaned my teeth and took £68!!
Have to get on with the exam marking but actually I just want to read a book rather than scripts on screen
Madam being a little beast, must be the weather or disliking my turquoise socks
Happy Tuesday

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Antje. Have you had a c peptide test?
Yes, I did, together with the anti-GAD test. It was just below the 'normal' threshold, which indicates either a rapid detoriation of T2, or a slowish progress of T1, fitting to LADA.
Internist and I decided not to bother with further antibody testing after discussing the possible outcomes: Either positive, which would mean definitely autoimmune, or negative, which could still be T1 oT2.
Neither outcome would change my treatment, which is MDI and works very good for me, so I'm happy with that :)

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon all, just had lunch, :hungry: and my artificial pot plant has arrived, a Princess Palm tree. It's very tropical and over 3ft tall, if the sun came out I would think I am in the Mascarene Islands, Bermuda or Barbados, it certainly is eye catching in the corner of the dining room, there's not a lot of light there, so hence an artificial one :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I decided to have a carb fest for breakfast, now I’m just paying for the consequences Why am I like this?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Ugh! I wanna go home. Not time yet. *dives back into a spreadsheet* .....