Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Off topic again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Viv 8)

Love the new avatar, Patch!

Marzeater

OK. Saw my GP today and he had the reply fom the consultant who said there has not been enough research into the 600cal diet yet and advised me not to try it.
I mentioned the article in the mail on sunday (24th July) about the retreat in southern Spain offering the diet under supervision with a moderate level of exercise and I asked if I could have that on prescription.
I think he is still laughing at that one.

amron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This all sounds ok but what if you can't afford to lose weight as not all type2 diabetics are overweight.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
amron »
This all sounds ok but what if you can't afford to lose weight as not all type2 diabetics are overweight.
Maybe your T2 Is not due to fat around those organs ? You have something else going on

Marzeater »
OK. Saw my GP today and he had the reply from the consultant who said there has not been enough research into the 600cal diet yet and advised me not to try it.

I just wonder if you had only Asked if you could go on the Slim-fast , Tony Ferguson
,Cambridge diet or the Lighter life to shift some weight quickly to give you bit of a boost as you have tried other things and your now at your wits end
And not mentioned the 600kcal study at all

Would you have had a different answer :roll:

Then hit him for more strips ask if nurse can take regular blood tests while you were on the diet
Or say no due to costs ?

I am very lucky GP is up for it ,wishes to be involved with it all the way
I start this Monday He is even taking full bloods two hours after my first breakfast this Monday
The surgery have invested in a set of wheelchair scales arrived this Friday I will now get the chance to find out my starting weight also any Kgs lost each week

Bob

Attachments

• scales.jpeg
    scales.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2,717

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Good luck, Bob! Keep us informed :D

Love the cartoon! :lol:

Viv 8)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I'm almost 3 weeks in and getting ready to take a planned pause. I'm getting married next week and I'd like to get used to eating solid food again, so that I can enjoy my big day. I'm even going to eat some cupcakes.

I've lost 15lbs in total (and over 50lbs in the last 15 months)- although I expect some of that will go straight back on, when I return to my usual ow-carb diet. My wedding suit has gone from being tight to roomy.

I honestly haven't found it too bad. Although my energy levels have started to flag with 16 miles of running last week.

I've bought some Glucose Powder, and I'm going to do a DIY GTT test tomorrow (with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I'd done one before I started too).

RussG

Good luck for your wedding borofergie. As you hopefully won't be getting married again, it seems sensible to relax and enjoy yourself on the big day.

Some friends of ours had a cupcake tower for their recent wedding and it was really nice.

All the best.

minitata

Congratulations borofergie on the weight loss and your forthcoming marriage. Good luck for your wedding, hope it goes smoothly and you enjoy your cupcakes.

MTT

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Russ! Twice is enough for anyone, so I'm counting on it being the last one too.

Visiting the cupcake baker was the single hardest experience of my post-diabetic life. I had to walk out of the shop, so I'm looking forward to getting my fair share next week (and of course to marrying my beautiful fiancee).

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Congratulations borofergie and enjoy your big day :) Forget about the diet for a while and get back to it later.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Congratulations on the weight loss and for your wedding, have a great day :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Congratulations, BF, and have a great day. Eat a cupcake for all of us! :D

Viv 8)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks everyone! I'll be thinking of all my Diabetic buddies when I scoff the cup cakes.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Ok nearly at the week 1 turnaround

I have now stopped taking all my diabetic Meds :shock:
2500mg Metformin Week before
240mg Glicazide Slowly over this week
100mg Januvia last one Yesterday
Its 17:33 Sunday evening i have only been drinking
The slim-fast meals plus the 200kClal of veg per day all week
My Pre evening meal BG today is .5.3 :D

So something good is going on ?

To be honest i did not think it would work this well :roll:

Doctors tomorrow for check try the wheelchair Scales out
See if i have lost anything I don't think i have as I don't move around or exercise
belly does seem flatter

Bob

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd like to correct a typo in your last post, Bob, if you don't mind:

Bob said:
So something good is going on ?

Should read:

Bob said:
So something good IS going on!

Keep it up mate - those are some outstanding (now non-medicated) BG's!