Did you know before a positive pregnancy test?

Tubzi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All!
Im just wondering whether you knew/thought you were pregnant before you took a pregnancy test.
How early did you ‘know’ and what were your symptoms?
Thanks

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, every time and I have 3 children. Tender boobs and instantly going off coffee.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yes, every time. And it was raging heartburn for me.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes all 3 times knew about the time I was due. Felt more premenstrual than I normally did, peed more and sore boobs soon followed. Just sort of knew. With #2 first test was negative and I was so confused because I knew. 2 days later it showed positive.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Nope. Had no idea.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The body is a wonderful thing isn't it? These symptoms literally came on instantly, as in one day I could drink coffee quite happily and the next day it made me almost vomit (and I LOVE coffee), I was so annoyed, couldn't drink it throughout the pregnancies. The symptoms came about one week after the first missed period. I had a craving for raw cabbage also, I have NO idea why but it was like a drug!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The body is a wonderful thing isn't it? These symptoms literally came on instantly, as in one day I could drink coffee quite happily and the next day it made me almost vomit (and I LOVE coffee), I was so annoyed, couldn't drink it throughout the pregnancies. The symptoms came about one week after the first missed period. I had a craving for raw cabbage also, I have NO idea why but it was like a drug!

Same here, but with tea. I couldn't drink my beloved tea for 3 months as it made me feel very nauseous and the worse part was, working as receptionist at a Car Dealership at that time and just behind me was ............ the drinks machine and the smell, especially from the coffee which was not nice :yuck:

Reactions: KK123

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had a 'hang on - I am not alone' sensation at what would have been two weeks in, every time.

TrevA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I knew a work colleague was pregnant before she had it confirmed with a test. Just a change on behaviour- a slight fuzziness of memory. I’d noticed the same in my wife so I said to the work colleague “ you’re not pregnant are you”. She said no but then found out she was a couple of weeks later.

sarah1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All!
Im just wondering whether you knew/thought you were pregnant before you took a pregnancy test.
Thanks
Yeah I felt sick but only felt it. And i just had a feeling I knew I was pregnant plus i was late

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
Each time I was pregnant, I was always testing up to a week before my period would have been due. It was tricky to tell that early for me as the cramps I got were always so similar to premenstrual period cramps that it really could have gone either way.
In hindsight it was easier to see the odd differences - for me 1st time I had a bad headache in the week leading up to the missed period, which was unusual for me. Cramps felt just like a period coming though.
Every other time, just a day or so before or right on the time I should have got my peroid was when my boobs would feel more inflated than premenstrually so that is definitely a give away sign for me too if you are close to 2 weeks past ovulation.
Proper morning sickness, which for me was also wanting to vomit at the smell of coffee (which normally I love), didn't really hit till I was 7 weeks pregnant.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All!
Thanks
Meat made me sick before I got the double blue line (3 pregnancies) though I did squillions of tests because I never had morning sickness and other symptoms early on...