What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Barbequed flathead fillets, salad.
Dinner: Steak, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Breakfast: Cheesey mushroom omelette, no bacon today as grandma / pops little helpers did not get it out of the plurry freezer so it thawed out, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar sweeteners, water.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Chocolate and nuts

2 boiled eggs wrapped in roast beef

Black coffee

Mid morning meal of cafe cooked breakfast and had egg, bacon, black pudding, mushrooms

Lemon and ginger tea

Was at hospital for eye appointment and they have a farm shop there so bought strawberries and raspberries...ate them in the overheated waiting room, and on the way home.

Had to pick up a parcel so went to fish and chip shop next door, and bought a piece of fish but took the batter off.

It was a very long day, a lot of heavy motorway driving, and so I ate differently and over a longer period than I normally do.

Water and herbal teas.

>^..^<

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
25-06-19
breakfast, my usual homemade nut museli, with a splash of semi skimmed milk, 2 eggs scarmbled with butter and three fried mushrooms, 2 cups of tea, with the same milk.
coffee with cream and a coconut rock cake, only one, 10g carb, but it was a big mistake and body rebelled against all that sugar in one go. So no more of those. Luckily had already decided they are not a good idea. cake was a reward for digging, have completed another bed in the veg patch, looking forwrd to planting it. Hoping the leeks, transplanted two days ago will stand up to the heat.
Lunch: salad as usual, except it was scratch around in the fridge salad, no cucumber or radish, had yellow peppers; lettuce from the garden, little bit of carrot and mangetout salad left from yesterday and five baby plum tomatoes. 10 green olives, 2 slices of toast, its a new brand, must test it out, but 16g for 2 slices compares well with others i can take - in moderation. slices are small. duck and green peppercorn pate on the toast, delicious. water, tea.
glass of sugar free squash in the afternoon, Topped the orchard, three hours on the mini-tractor, will finish tomorrow. Its getting warm, goverment health warnings about heatstroke , drinking plenty, avoid vigorous activity, stay indoors. um, not very likely, still massive amount to do in the "garden". Am very sun wary though, through decades of sun sensitive skin.
Before dinner small glass of rose wine, again decided its not good for me, so will be finishing this up and trying not to indulge in more.
cup of tea,
Dinner salmon, with lemon butter and pine nuts, two small potatoes, courgettes and cabbage. Odd mixture, again bottom of the fridge job. Glass of white wine.
tea before bed
Shopping tomorrow, better go early - Going to check out the icecream, Saw one in supermarket only 9g per 100 ml, but was too far from home, looking for same in local store. Stock up on salad stuff as well. Maybe some strawberries? and an alternative cold drink, that forest berries stuff was foul. Hoping the leeks, transplanted two days ago will stand up to the heat.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
25-06-19
breakfast, my usual homemade nut museli, with a splash of semi skimmed milk, 2 eggs scarmbled with butter and three fried mushrooms, 2 cups of tea, with the same milk.
coffee with cream and a coconut rock cake, only one, 10g carb, but it was a big mistake and body rebelled against all that sugar in one go. So no more of those. Luckily had already decided they are not a good idea. cake was a reward for digging, have completed another bed in the veg patch, looking forwrd to planting it. Hoping the leeks, transplanted two days ago will stand up to the heat.
Lunch: salad as usual, except it was scratch around in the fridge salad, no cucumber or radish, had yellow peppers; lettuce from the garden, little bit of carrot and mangetout salad left from yesterday and five baby plum tomatoes. 10 green olives, 2 slices of toast, its a new brand, must test it out, but 16g for 2 slices compares well with others i can take - in moderation. slices are small. duck and green peppercorn pate on the toast, delicious. water, tea.
glass of sugar free squash in the afternoon, Topped the orchard, three hours on the mini-tractor, will finish tomorrow. Its getting warm, goverment health warnings about heatstroke , drinking plenty, avoid vigorous activity, stay indoors. um, not very likely, still massive amount to do in the "garden". Am very sun wary though, through decades of sun sensitive skin.
Before dinner small glass of rose wine, again decided its not good for me, so will be finishing this up and trying not to indulge in more.
cup of tea,
Dinner salmon, with lemon butter and pine nuts, two small potatoes, courgettes and cabbage. Odd mixture, again bottom of the fridge job. Glass of white wine.
tea before bed
Shopping tomorrow, better go early - Going to check out the icecream, Saw one in supermarket only 9g per 100 ml, but was too far from home, looking for same in local store. Stock up on salad stuff as well. Maybe some strawberries? and an alternative cold drink, that forest berries stuff was foul. Hoping the leeks, transplanted two days ago will stand up to the heat.
Hope you cope with the heat over the next few days - does it affect your bg either way or don't you know.?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@SlimLizzy OMG - I feel exhausted just reading about your day. I hope your leeks take. Take care in that heat.

Today.... sore throat, caught and congested nose still with me but feeling better in myself - definitely still avoiding foods with sharp edges though

Breakfast: three scrambled eggs made with cream and butter

Lunch: Houmous - not sure what to use as a carrier for it, maybe celery but might just use a teaspoon

Dinner: h/m burgers with melted Gouda cheese in top and coleslaw

Two packs of sugar free jelly made up to be eaten throughout the day to sooth my throat

Usual black decaff coffee or water to drink

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy OMG - I feel exhausted just reading about your day. I hope your leeks take. Take care in that heat.

Today.... sore throat, caught and congested nose still with me but feeling better in myself - definitely still avoiding foods with sharp edges though

Breakfast: three scrambled eggs made with cream and butter

Lunch: Houmous - not sure what to use as a carrier for it, maybe celery but might just use a teaspoon

Dinner: h/m burgers with melted Gouda cheese in top and coleslaw

Two packs of sugar free jelly made up to be eaten throughout the day to sooth my throat

Usual black decaff coffee or water to drink
Like for the menu although a hug is in order for the throat and nose. Not hay fever related is it?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Like for the menu although a hug is in order for the throat and nose. Not hay fever related is it?

No, I don't suffer with that (thank goodness) except for very mild itchy eyes on a hot day when the rape is flowering. I caught this while at the doctor's last Friday. I always do catch something when i spend time in that waiting room. Next time I'll wear nitrile gloves and a face mask. :shifty:

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, I don't suffer with that (thank goodness) except for very mild itchy eyes on a hot day when the rape is flowering. I caught this while at the doctor's last Friday. I always do catch something when i spend time in that waiting room. Next time I'll wear nitrile gloves and a face mask. :shifty:
Full of sick people those places :angelic: Always makes me wonder why doctors say how are you? when you enter - obvious answer is I need you to tell me.

Reactions: Viv19

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hope you cope with the heat over the next few days - does it affect your bg either way or don't you know.?
@ianpspurs not sure about heat affecting me, last year was not measuring. Now test intermittently. better try to find a regular routine for a few days.
Have just done hour to finish topping the orchard, very hot work and then helped to carry inside 14 sheets of platerboard. Feeling a bit hot and bothered now, 28C here atm, and expected to rise.
MrS had a go with the strimmer this morning, but there are still a lot of edges need cutting, they can wait until its cooler,

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

@ chook, will know by the end of the week, forecast is sun, sun, sun. Hope you recover soon, Have you tried ginger tea? Warming and soothing for throats

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
YESTERDAY
Breakfast - 1 slice bacon, 1 sausage, 2 eggs, black coffee
Lunch - strawberries and cream (probably too many strawberries, but they didn't upset my readings). Finished the box later in the afternoon.
Dinner - oxtail stew with plenty of veggies in it. Then I made a mistake!
My son had bought some rose petal tea which was quite unpalatable as tea so he suggested it might flavour a cake - he doesn't eat cake, being seriously allergic to most things in life but he comes up with ideas. So I tried making it. A little extra rose water and a punnet of raspberries to add to the flavour. My usual experimental trials person is my other son, but he didn't come to the house yesterday so, I thought, I had got away with the "breakfast bread pudding" the day before ...

I'm sure you can guess the rest.

It tasted OK, but not sufficiently wonderful to make me bother with it again. The effect on my BS was fairly dramatic - up from 7.8 before dinner to 13.5 90 minutes post cake and rising by bed-time. Took extra insulin overnight and got it down within range by this morning.

I do hate wasting any foodstuff but I think the rose petal tea will go out and I hope my "trials" son will come in today to take the rest of the cake away. Otherwise his hens will get it some time later.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Full of sick people those places :angelic: Always makes me wonder why doctors say how are you? when you enter - obvious answer is I need you to tell me.

Very true. I was at a meeting at my GPs practice a while back (after a disastrous CQC assessment) and someone complained about that, especially when it was something obvious, and others agreed. The doctors said its something they were taught at medical school. Another person suggested they ask 'how can I help you today'.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Because of the weather heating up I am thinking of mixing Greek yogurt with frozen berries and freezing in portions. I dont like yogurt or cream on its own but if its blitzed with red berries it could be a very different taste. Any tips?

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't been on the forum in a while but used to get lots of ideas from this thread and just wondered what the following abbreviations mean:

CWC
CMT
CCB
NE

Thanks in anticipation.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Nuts and dark chocolate
Black coffee

2 boiled eggs wrapped in corned beef
Black coffee

Ginger and lemon tea
Nettle tea

Half a large punnet fresh strawberries
Half a punnet of fresh raspberries

4 wafers of the nori seaweed stuff. It calls itself seaweed laver.

3 boiled eggs wrapped in ham and cheese
Also mayo

More herbal teas
Water

>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't been on the forum in a while but used to get lots of ideas from this thread and just wondered what the following abbreviations mean:

CWC
CMT
CCB
NE

Thanks in anticipation.
Me also I can’t stand TLA’s apart from, of course Z and Q codes, AS AR.

Reactions: CoastGirl