Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It’s the chin revelation if the iPad’s on the table/lap that’s a bit rough. Now where’s that pretty sticky polka dot?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hope you’re doing ok in the heat @Antje77. I really don’t envy you all leaping from reasonable summer to furnace without time for blood volume to increase enough to release more warmth. We used to have cold showers and evaporate too in W Africa. Siesta’s mandatory: ‘Mad dogs and Englishmen . . . ‘ and all that. Handheld fans, the bigger the better, are good.
Walks away while waiting for the music hall to warm up.

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, back from school run and having a cuppa to warm me up lol still hot weather is supposed to be here soon, but seeing the weather map last night for Europe, it was red with temperatures reaching 45c, the heat is coming up from the Sahara, unbelievably hot :wideyed:
Awoke on a 5.3 this morning :) had a yogurt drink, took 1/2 unit of Novorapid, did my school run from 7 am to 9.30 and i am now 3.0 :arghh: and sitting down now, to get it back up :rolleyes:
Happy Wednesday guys :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all
Trying to work out why this week is the week when everyone thinks a call at 9am is a good idea. I have to start work early to ensure I am ready for my calls. Ho Hum - I think I am saved on Friday so only two more to go.
I had a pleasant night last night - Sometimes Always Never at the cinema and shakshouka for tea.
Nothing particularly onerous so why was my BG low this morning? Can't be the socks as I haven't been wearing any.

Perhaps I could have some of @Mel dCP BG to level us out ... between us, we could be the perfect T1/woman.

But we're perfect already ................o_O runs and hides...................:sorry::D

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A blessed relief of a day off, which is just as well as I feel quite sick. Bloods down to 4.4 with a bit of IOB so forcing food down. Bought a new swing seat for the garden to cheer myself up!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Old suite is leaving the house today when strong son arrives. He's teaching this morning so is coming after lunch.

That gives husband and I time to move all the odds & sods into the kitchen or the spare room until the new suite is in. Sitting room is going to be interesting for a couple of days; have to get the camping chairs out of the loft!

Reactions: Antje77 and porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Wretched back caved in again. I have one of those silly backs that leaves you bent double climbing up the nearest person to try and get upright. Must look hilarious.

However, means I can only carry little things about the place like Lady Muck. Very helpful, I don't think.

Luckily the vegan doc posted the name of a good painkiller that's vegan. One of those ones that fizzes and goes up your nose - very tickly :joyful:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all
Looking forward to this "supposedly" hot weather coming in for the next few days! We will have 2 days of hot then back to cold again....look out the lurgy is coming back in a few days time :)

Pizza last night with my usual dual wave and before pizza BG was 6.7 - 1 hour later 6.4 - 3 hours later 7 :)

@WuTwo ((HUGS)) for your back pain
@Knikki and @helensaramay "special" cake now has a new meaning in my mind! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,
Sending hugs to everyone (fresh hugs from the period friend). My bg shot up from 8.3 last night to 13.6, why I’m not surprised. Downed some pain killers, hay fever tablets and some insulin.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Daughter is off for a couple of days, she has just come downstairs and made, toast, the smell is lingering good :hungry::hungry:

Reactions: WuTwo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all
Looking forward to this "supposedly" hot weather coming in for the next few days! We will have 2 days of hot then back to cold again....look out the lurgy is coming back in a few days time :)

Pizza last night with my usual dual wave and before pizza BG was 6.7 - 1 hour later 6.4 - 3 hours later 7 :)

@WuTwo ((HUGS)) for your back pain
@Knikki and @helensaramay "special" cake now has a new meaning in my mind! :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Well done on the pizza number's, Top Banana :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I think perhaps I won't take any more of those painkillers. I have felt quite spaced out and I really don't like it. I will throw them away and next time my back hurts I will have a hot/cold shower jetting on it, followed by a nice cup of chamomile tea. That'll do nicely.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I think perhaps I won't take any more of those painkillers. I have felt quite spaced out and I really don't like it. I will throw them away and next time my back hurts I will have a hot/cold shower jetting on it, followed by a nice cup of tea. That'll do nicely.

What were they called????? Asking for a friend ;)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

What were they called????? Asking for a friend ;)

Effervescent Co-codamol, from Lloyds Pharmacy (at Sainsburys).

Extremely, um.... effective.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think perhaps I won't take any more of those painkillers. I have felt quite spaced out and I really don't like it. I will throw them away and next time my back hurts I will have a hot/cold shower jetting on it, followed by a nice cup of tea. That'll do nicely.

Sending you hugs, warm oatly chocolat milk and oreos. I was wondering if you were willing to try those asian herbal patches for back pain? My mum never really touched painkillers and doctors didn’t do much for her so she relied on patches and chinese herbal teas.
Take it easy! :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Sending you hugs, warm oatly chocolat milk and oreos. I was wondering if you were willing to try those asian herbal patches for back pain? My mum never really touched painkillers and doctors didn’t do much for her so she relied on patches and chinese herbal teas.
Take it easy! :)

I like herbals teas, but am nervy about things where I don't know what the actual ingredients are. I can get chamomile flower heads and brew tea, but bought things ready made up make me twitchy without lists of what's in them.

Is this something you can find out? I use tiger balm (both the white and red) for lots of things but I am fond of my teas.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like herbals teas, but am nervy about things where I don't know what the actual ingredients are. I can get chamomile flower heads and brew tea, but bought things ready made up make me twitchy without lists of what's in them.

Is this something you can find out? I use tiger balm (both the white and red) for lots of things but I am fond of my teas.

Tiger balm is good stuff, my mum use to apply it when my brother and I were sick. Most of the patches doesn’t resolve the issue of backpain but it allows you to get on with your day with ease.

My mum has used the Salonpas patches for years, she only found out you can purchase it from Boots.
IMG_8294.jpg

Reactions: SueJB