Diabetics R Us

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We seem to be doing a bit better, weather-wise, in my neck of the woods than those of you further south. Any rain has been confined to overnight. Yesterday was hot and muggy with no sun and no wind. It was unpleasant. Today seems a bit fresher but still over cast at the moment.

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Raining hard now in sunny Lancashire ,sun is promised (When ? )
Carol

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The sun has been going in and out here all morning. Reminds me of when we were little and Mama always had to remind us "Don't slam the screen door!"

Ah, summer ... :)

Reactions: heh and Bluetit1802

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

It's grey but warm here this morning.

Got to go and give an armful of blood today to test for arthritis :doctor: possibly the next ailment for the list :rolleyes:

Have a good day.

H :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Not too good weather wise here either. This morning have to take Judith to work melody for her light treatment and then her blood test at doctors and then drive 17 miles across Notingham to the QMC for my yearly check up on my stent ultra sound scan and Xray. Busy day ahead.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We have a cool day today and I can feel my brain slowly waking up again. My politicians will be talking about Libre funding for all T1's this afternoon and there will be a livestream. So my afternoon will be very exciting in an utterly boring way :hilarious:
In the meantime, my own self-funded Libre has pulled me through the heat by showing me quickly that I needed a lot more insulin than usual, we'll see what happens now it's cooler again.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My best friend of 40 years passed away in the night. Cancer robs us all of what we hold dear.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had thought he had some months or weeks left and had not seen him for a couple of weeks or so, his passing will leave a great void not only in my life but in many other lives as well he was a truly wonderful person and I loved him like a brother.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sorry, John. Losing loved ones hurts bad.
Sending hugs.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had thought he had some months or weeks left and had not seen him for a couple of weeks or so, his passing will leave a great void not only in my life but in many other lives as well he was a truly wonderful person and I loved him like a brother.

I am so sorry.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
We have a cool day today and I can feel my brain slowly waking up again. My politicians will be talking about Libre funding for all T1's this afternoon and there will be a livestream. So my afternoon will be very exciting in an utterly boring way :hilarious:
In the meantime, my own self-funded Libre has pulled me through the heat by showing me quickly that I needed a lot more insulin than usual, we'll see what happens now it's cooler again.
I am self-funding a Libre. I don't know how people manage on insulin without one. I'd certainly have sore fingers.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Sorry to hear about your friend @JohnEGreen, remember the happy times. I hope your check up went well too.

It got very windy here last night, Alan even got up and closed the bedroom window.

We are off to Bodiam in the motorhome tonight for a long weekend, back Monday evening so have a good weekend everyone.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@heh Thank you I will and over 40 years there were many. My check up went OK the aneurysm is still shrinking and the stent is doing it's job. Don't know what the Xray may have shown. Bit weird though arrived at QMC just as the police were marching some guy out of the car park in handcuffs not sure what that was about then found that they have changed the rules and parking fees so that blue badge holders have to pay full tariff and the price has gone up to £5.50 for 4 hours I had no cash on me had to find an ATM get some money out break a tenner and then go back and purchase a ticket.

Then when I came out after the check up received phone call about my friend's demise.

@SaskiaKC Thanks did get some sleep but was up pacing the house at 3.30 in the morning. Now feeling the effects of yesterday and am a little pooped shattered really but there are those who will feel Dennis's loss more than I and only hope to be there to support them if needed.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
am a little pooped shattered really but there are those who will feel Dennis's loss more than I and only hope to be there to support them if needed.
No matter whose loss is felt heavier, mental support is a two way street :). And shared grief makes things a bit easier to bear. At least for me it does. With the additional benefit that sharing grief often leads to speaking of good memories and funny stories that make you laugh while you cry.
My check up went OK the aneurysm is still shrinking and the stent is doing it's job.
:) :)

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am giving this thread a bump as it had dropped out of view, am taking Keiran back up to Lincoln tomorrow so he can sort his accommodation out. He should get his first year results on the forth of the month and is a bit on tender hooks.

Reactions: heh and Antje77