What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and happy bin day everyone on this rather dreary morning here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of Deno and the Cyclone let rip a steady 5.5 at wake o’clock this morning.

Off to the the garden centre this morning to buy defensive supplies in the ongoing campaign on the Catastrophe Front Line.

Hopefully the weather will start picking up later today and I can get my bike out for a spin.

I am expecting a new book purchase to arrive today. I thought about having a Kindle version but it’s not the same as having a book.

Anyhow, have a great day if you can.
FRIDAY :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t know, but it was 2 gardens down and I reported it. There are toddlers and babies round here too. It was 10 years ago now and is still vivid in my mind. And my current elderly cat won’t sleep on my exposed garage roof any more (he can still climb up there), and the buzzards are back to circling on the thermals from the steelworks. And I am wary of buzzards still....

I hope you have a good day at the garden centre and you find good stuff that fulfills your needs.

Sun Tzu’s Art of War :)
I love that book. It’s one of the books on my bedside shelves.....

>^..^<
Sun Tzu and von Clausewitz - very useful reading if you are in business, are a teacher; generally just good reading. I also keep dipping into Marcus Aurelius - keeps me sane (ish). I guess if you are fighting diabetes these could be useful reads; If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 for me today

it's a bit grey here today but we'll probably go over to mum's at lunchtime (broccoli and cheddar soup is on the hob as I post ) and do some tidying in her garden :) Last time we were there we did some strimming and we need to rake up and move the stuff we cut.

Better put the green bin out ready for the 'scavi wagon'

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian, you are very good at putting things in perspective (for other people I may add - but usually very hard on yourself!)
Best wishes for the 6 month review. Are you a reader of that ancient philosopher Jess Glynne with the don't be so hard on yourself trope? If so she also said
And there are many things that I could change so slightly
But why would I succumb to something so unlike me
I was always taught to just be myself
Don't change for anyone
And I definitely don't wear makeup on Thursday = she knew, Jess knew:angelic:

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hey all hope you are all having an amazing summer and if on the southern hemisphere a great winter .. it is hot here in Denmark but not the oven it is in France and Germany at the moment .. really hope people can cope with the heat of 40 degrees celsius ...:) I am still trying to get rid of 60 % of what I own.... that is a gigantic job as I an kind of a horder of old stuff and antiques... :) .. maybe not able to be in here much in this summer...
<iframe width="1366" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sun Tzu and von Clausewitz - very useful reading if you are in business, are a teacher; generally just good reading. I also keep dipping into Marcus Aurelius - keeps me sane (ish). I guess if you are fighting diabetes these could be useful reads; If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
@dunelm
I have Marcus Aurelius, my partner J, before he died 10 years ago, bought me some of his books, also at my bedside.

I have never heard of von Clausewitz. Will google that in a moment.

I do return to The Art of War quite often. Very useful guidance and strategies in there.

>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm
I have Marcus Aurelius, my partner J, before he died 10 years ago, bought me some of his books, also at my bedside.

I have never heard of von Clausewitz. Will google that in a moment.

I do return to The Art of War quite often. Very useful guidance and strategies in there.

>^..^<
And my new read has just dropped onto the door mat.

upload_2019-6-26_13-5-15.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best wishes for the 6 month review. Are you a reader of that ancient philosopher Jess Glynne with the don't be so hard on yourself trope? If so she also said
And there are many things that I could change so slightly
But why would I succumb to something so unlike me
I was always taught to just be myself
Don't change for anyone
And I definitely don't wear makeup on Thursday = she knew, Jess knew:angelic:

I’m glad about the last part anyway!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Am on the sofa with radio on and Bobs and Daisy next to me and feeling much better since I took some painkillers. My second eye injection went as expected. As previously the staff were lovely especially the doctor and nurse with me. I met a a delightful lady in her 80s in the waiting room who was dealing with eye cancer (nothing to do with Diabetes) and had/was having some serious treatment but was full of praises for the HCPs. I couldnt help think what an unfair hand she had been dealt but typical of her generation she was taking it all in her stride. I felt very humbled by our convo

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bristol is a wonderful city, I have a brother who lives there. Are you being interviewed for a job there or for a study place?

The University of Bristol is interviewing T2 members of this forum about how we use the forum to get information, etc. Every time I log on to this site I see this:

The University of Bristol is looking for participants with Type 2 Diabetes for a research interview on how users share and evaluate information on Diabetes.co.uk forum. The interview will take place at the University of Bristol and will last about 50 minutes. Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses in addition to a £10 voucher are offered in return. If you can't travel to Bristol, holding the interview in a more convenient location or through a video call online can be arranged. Email the Research Investigator, Roberta Bernardi

I just assumed it was appearing on everyone's screen. Oh, well, we all know what happens when we assume. ;)

6.6 this morning. Kind of grey outside here too, with the sun behind the clouds, and 24 degrees already at 9 am. Sigh.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Am on the sofa with radio on and Bobs and Daisy next to me and feeling much better since I took some painkillers. My second eye injection went as expected. As previously the staff were lovely especially the doctor and nurse with me. I met a a delightful lady in her 80s in the waiting room who was dealing with eye cancer (nothing to do with Diabetes) and had/was having some serious treatment but was full of praises for the HCPs. I couldnt help think what an unfair hand she had been dealt but typical of her generation she was taking it all in her stride. I felt very humbled by our convo

Glad it went well. And that you had a good conversation.
Enjoy your rest on the couch.
Take care x

>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All

Great news, good that it went well - loads of lazing about.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The University of Bristol is interviewing T2 members of this forum about how we use the forum to get information, etc. Every time I log on to this site I see this:

The University of Bristol is looking for participants with Type 2 Diabetes for a research interview on how users share and evaluate information on Diabetes.co.uk forum. The interview will take place at the University of Bristol and will last about 50 minutes. Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses in addition to a £10 voucher are offered in return. If you can't travel to Bristol, holding the interview in a more convenient location or through a video call online can be arranged. Email the Research Investigator, Roberta Bernardi

I just assumed it was appearing on everyone's screen. Oh, well, we all know what happens when we assume. ;)

6.6 this morning. Kind of grey outside here too, with the sun behind the clouds, and 24 degrees already at 9 am. Sigh.

Oh, OK. My IPad just logs me onto the last thing that I was looking at and must have ignored that bit - Bristol - quite a way from here.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

That reminds me of one of King David's Psalms too ...

The Lord is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.
--Psalm 27

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

I am so glad to read this report of how your appointment went, and even more glad you are safe back at home with Bobs and Daisy. I hope you continue to feel better and better.

You and @gennepher are encouraging me to listen to the KittenCat and close up this laptop and go join her on the bed for some much-needed R&R ...

^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, OK. My IPad just logs me onto the last thing that I was looking at and must have ignored that bit - Bristol - quite a way from here.

Maybe the moderators who posted it should try notifying people some other way. Hmmm ... I will have to check and see if I see it when I log on with my Nook or my android phone ...

Reactions: gennepher