Why testing 2hr inslin is better then testing fasting inslin

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
See https://insulinresistance.org/index.php/jir/article/view/49

Determining a diagnostic algorithm for hyperinsulinaemia
Catherine A.P. Crofts, Grant Schofield, Mark C. Wheldon, Caryn Zinn, Joseph R. Kraft
Journal of Insulin Resistance | Vol 4, No 1 | a49 | DOI:

Background: Ascertaining Kraft dynamic insulin response patterns following a 3-h 100 g oral glucose tolerance test seems to be the most reliable method for diagnosing hyperinsulinaemia. However, this test may be too resource-intensive for standard clinical use.

Aim: This study aims to see if Kraft patterns can be accurately predicted using fewer blood samples with sensitivity and specificity analyses.

@bulkbiker At last this has been published I saw it in a YouTube talk she gave some time ago.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that.. although I'm not sure I'd fancy 100g of glucose in one hit.. 75g with the Rapilose was bad enough.
Interesting though and great to see some newer research into Krafts work.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
She got hold of all Krafts private notes and used modem stats methods on his data for her PhD. Shame no journal leading Journal was willing to publish her paper so few people will see it.

M

Member496333

I will never undertake an OGTT. There’s nothing more certain in my life. Interesting nevertheless, of course, but it’s not something I’m ever going to get involved in. I’ll stick with HOMA-IR, HbA1c and hs-CRP.