Protein bread

Countryside_Yoyo_

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like Asda has discontinued this bread, I’ve been in to a couple of stores and they say they’re not stocking it any more and it’s showing as unavailable on their website. Such a shame, I’d finally found something tasty and low enough in carbs after Lidl stopped doing their rolls and now, disappointingly, the hunt starts again

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It looks like Asda has discontinued this bread, I’ve been in to a couple of stores and they say they’re not stocking it any more and it’s showing as unavailable on their website. Such a shame, I’d finally found something tasty and low enough in carbs after Lidl stopped doing their rolls and now, disappointingly, the hunt starts again
Same for me I have bought hovis high protein this week but it is nearly double the amount of carbs .If anyone finds an alternative please let us know
Carol

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ive been looking for the same ...shame

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My local Polish supermarket is a handy source of protein bread - when I just have to have a corned beef and tomato sandwich. It is a bit disconcerting to become suddenly unable to read the labels, but also amusing in a way.
The one near me is now getting more stick on labels in English to put on the back of the packets, so perhaps they are seeing more interest from locals - they are interesting shops to visit.

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Burgen Soya & Linseed bread normal size sliced loaf available from Asda & Tesco 11g cards per slice.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Polish bread is 7.5 gm of carbs for TWO slices. Small ones, admittedly, but still a sandwich.

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My Asda has just stopped selling the Protein bread which was 7.9g carbs 100g and 22g protein. Has anyone found a suitable substitute please.
I can get Sainsbury's HiLo bread but it is not a patch on the Protein bread.
Thanks

Carl williams66

My Asda has just stopped selling the Protein bread which was 7.9g carbs 100g and 22g protein. Has anyone found a suitable substitute please.
I can get Sainsbury's HiLo bread but it is not a patch on the Protein bread.
Thanks

Have you tried Lidl’s? They sell or use to sell protein rolls

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried Lidl’s? They sell or use to sell protein rolls

No longer, I am sad to say. They were withdrawn quite a long time ago now.

I am also struggling with the Burgen Soya and Linseed that I have been eating since the Lidl rolls discontinued. Our local Sainsburys and local Tesco haven't had any for a week or two. I am hoping it is just a blip. I have been trying Hovis Lower Carb, which is alright but only alright. Not as nice as the Burgen.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I am also struggling with the Burgen Soya and Linseed that I have been eating since the Lidl rolls discontinued. Our local Sainsburys and local Tesco haven't had any for a week or two. I am hoping it is just a blip. I have been trying Hovis Lower Carb, which is alright but only alright. Not as nice as the Burgen.
@Bluetit1802 I like Tesco’s High Protein Bread - like you I’ve tried the Hovis Lower Carb which is not as nice as the Tesco’s but will do if no other us available.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Redshank

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Our Asda still sells Protein bread.
Sometimes they have none in stock, sometimes they have lots

annscullamus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I buy Profusion protein bread, organic as well, and no nasties I can find off Amazon or EBay - usually in packs of 5 and then I freeze four and defrost as needed. I pay £14.59 for five. Bit pricey but I really like it and it does toast, though obviously not like normal bread !

clare56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This bread has been a life save for me. I've been having a slice a day, toasted, since I discovered it in Asda, but they've just taken it off the shelves again. The replacement, has about 30 g carbs a slice.:(

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being told by obese sclerotic medical class's that I am wrong.
Ancel Keys, The Seven Countries Study, Sclerotic Dietitians.
Hi guys FYI
Any protein that is not burned for energy is turned into fat in the body.

mansingh01

Type of diabetes
Type 2

What was the name of the bread