LibreLink on Android, and uploading data to Libreview.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I'm slowly getting into the use of my first Freestyle Libre.

I have the sensor implanted and I have the LibreLink App on my Samsung Galaxy S5.

I have (eventually) successfully logged into https://www1.libreview.com/ using the account that I created when installing LibreLink on my phone.

My next task (once I have some readings) will be to upload them.

On the LibreLink site it wants me to download some drivers.
I assume that these will be for a USB connection?

Ah!
"
A cable is required to upload glucose data into LibreView from a compatible device. (Cables are not required to obtain glucose data from patients using FreeStyle LibreLink.)
"
So if you have the reader (or similar) you may need a cable and drivers but the App will upload the data directly?

I don't seem to have located the simple step by step guide yet.

D

Deleted Account

What do you intend to use LibreView for?
If you are scanning your data with your phone, my understanding is that it is already uploaded to the cloud which is where LibreView gets the data.
My understanding is you only need to upload data direct into LibreView if you have captured it somewhere else such as a finger prick meter.

As you can probably tell, I do not use LibreView, I review the graphs on my phone.

However, LibreView does not correctly display the graphs on a tablet. So you have to view them on a pc.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BA1E2D80-6728-43F0-8A55-EBCE0F41E314.jpeg

Not sure if this helps but I needed no cables using an iphone not a reader. I agree the libreview is spectacularly confusing at first.
Switch views as per 1 above then download the data your librelink has recorded as a 2

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Thanks.
I can see that screen.
I haven't tried to download/upload anything yet (no data) but I assume that it doesn't upload automatically in the background.

Now trying to work out how to use Glimp.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From my understanding, if you are using your phone, the data will be automatically uploaded to libreview. If you are using the reader, then you’ll need to plug it with the usb cable and upload.
When you click download, it downloads a document of your averages, carb totals, etc.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope you need to transfer it from librelink (in the cloud somewhere) to libre view (on the website) with the download button in libreview. No wires required.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck - I’m also on my first libre and have found it confusing.
However my phone isn’t compatible so I had to buy and use the reader - which to get the data on libre view on my pc I had to download the drivers and use the cable supplied with the reader to link it and download the info from my reader to the Pc.
Have to say after a few challenges I’m so enjoying using it - this is my fifth day and went swimming with it today I just wish it was more affordable! I’ve learnt so much about when my highest readings happen , for me, and also my low readings too.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your app has to be signed in to Libreview. I assume you did that when you installed the app. Worth checking though. Just logout and back in again. Once successful it'll all sync up seamlessly.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Worth noting that if you’re uploading data from a reader as well as a phone, that the phone data overwrites the reader data - I lost all the meticulously logged insulin doses from my reader when I starting using a phone as well. So log doses on the phone rather than the reader if you use both.

Reactions: Optium

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
Nope you need to transfer it from librelink (in the cloud somewhere) to libre view (on the website) with the download button in libreview. No wires required.
Libreview shows my phone (android s7 edge) readings in LibreView without having to press a download button.
In LibreView I can switch between phone and reader readings.
Probably over the top but I log insulins/carbs/meds/exercise with the reader and insulins/carbs/notes on phone.
Always keep reader on me as it tells me how much insulin I've still got working and for how long at any point in time which is especially handy if having more insulin/carbs which the phone doesn't do and it's smaller and less intrusive e.g. for keeping under pillow at night.With the phone you can adjust/amend data later which you can't with the reader.
On Libreview I can switch between phone and reader data but I'm not using the latest drivers due to issues with the reader not uploading with later drivers since it turned off during a USB upload a while ago.

Optium

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Worth noting that if you’re uploading data from a reader as well as a phone, that the phone data overwrites the reader data - I lost all the meticulously logged insulin doses from my reader when I starting using a phone as well. So log doses on the phone rather than the reader if you use both
I realise this post is from 2019. I was looking to see if anyone would know how often one needs to upload data to Libreview website from Libreview Reader ?- I used the Libreview app (and probably will do again now the alarm problems have been fixed for those of use using operating system 13 ).I was sent a reader from Abbott to use meantime .
Thanks