Reactive Hypoglycemia and transition hyperinsulinaemia

EmilEmil

Hi all,
I'm new to hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinemia.
1. Maybe first I want to ensure that anyone here have similar symptoms:
Is there anything before? -> hypoglycemia with hyperinsulinemia -> bad digestive system motility -> SIBO -> laryngopharyngeal reflux/sweating even when cold/ really terrible mood when waking up - I was sleepy every day for 5 years;/

2. Do you know if there are any good sites with no bs about hypoglycemia diet?
3. Anyone of you can't eat below foods (for me these causes flatulances:
- starches
- whole grains/grains (whole grains are far worse)
- huge amount of nuts
- milk
So I think (and my doctor also think) that that because of bad motility I have now SIBO so treating hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinaemia. Does anyone have same experience?:)

Regards!

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t have personal experience but the rh people on here seem to swear by low carb the same as us type 2. The first two items on your avoid list would also be on the avoid list for low carb.

Take a look at dietdoctor.com for loads of low carb info as a starting point.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all,
I'm new to hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinemia.
1. Maybe first I want to ensure that anyone here have similar symptoms:
Is there anything before? -> hypoglycemia with hyperinsulinemia -> bad digestive system motility -> SIBO -> laryngopharyngeal reflux/sweating even when cold/ really terrible mood when waking up - I was sleepy every day for 5 years;/

2. Do you know if there are any good sites with no bs about hypoglycemia diet?
3. Anyone of you can't eat below foods (for me these causes flatulances:
- starches
- whole grains/grains (whole grains are far worse)
- huge amount of nuts
- milk
So I think (and my doctor also think) that that because of bad motility I have now SIBO so treating hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinaemia. Does anyone have same experience?:)

Regards!

Hi @EmilEmil and welcome to the forum
We have our own sub forum for Reactive Hypoglycaemia, but having Hypoglycaemia and hyperinsulinaemia is two of the experiences we all have encountered along the way.
1. If you do have hypos, you will suffer from symptoms similar to yours, your maybe a little different but the list is long and we all have little differences in our symptoms list.
Mine after diagnosis was nearly a foolscap page long from anxiety to yo yo blood sugar levels!
2. I am carb, grain, dairy and any sugar intolerant. But I can eat nuts, as long as I don't eat too many.
I'm would advise you to avoid foods that give you symptoms. If you have an intolerance or an allergy to certain foods that causes the symptoms, then avoiding them is better than suffering, it is also beneficial for your future health.

3. I was diagnosed in 2013, I was very ill, my endocrinologist literally Saved my life by recognising the condition. Then telling me about the diet I should be having and recommended this site. However after studying this forum and testing and experimentation, recording everything, I went further and I avoided most carbs as I could, because even the so called healthy complex carbs sent my blood sugar levels all over the place.
I would read the RH forum and discover the success many RH ers have had with a very low carb diet.
I myself have not had a hypo since my last eOGTT.
My health is excellent, my very busy life is good and its all about the very low carb diet and the correct balance of foods, which are healthy for you.
I have tried all the diets, and only one worked for me.
Normal food is bad for us. That is not b/s, that is true!

My best wishes