Non diabetic 3.8

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness, impolite people, spiders
Can a non diabetic go as low as 3.8 even after eating chocolate, having full fat coke and popcorn? Would you get them tested ?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
My favourite diabetes Consultant (non-diabetic) told me that he often went down as low as 3.5.
If he is happy with that, I wouldn't worry.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can a non diabetic go as low as 3.8 even after eating chocolate, having full fat coke and popcorn? Would you get them tested ?

Hi Emie, why do you ask?, I'm curious. x

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin

Yes, I even went as low as 2.3 mmol back then when I was non diabetic. So yes it is possible.

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Emie, why do you ask?, I'm curious. x
It happened today with my 10 year old daughter, she said she was feeling a bit shaky and as a Type 1 myself I panicked and checked her bloods . But honestly wished i hadn’t as when i saw the reading i panicked so much

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes, I even went as low as 2.3 mmol back then when I was non diabetic. So yes it is possible.
Oh wow that is low. Wonder why this happens? I just worry more i think with being diabetic myself.

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My favourite diabetes Consultant (non-diabetic) told me that he often went down as low as 3.5.
If he is happy with that, I wouldn't worry.
Thank you . Definitely puts my mind at ease. I think i May just over analyse things and get myself into a panic at times

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes thatś normal, when I was non diabetic my level was usually between meals 4.5 ...

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh wow that is low. Wonder why this happens? I just worry more i think with being diabetic myself.

I have no idea why it happens, I were diagnosed with RH before turning diabetic. Haven’t had any problems with hypos after I started on insulin.

I think there is so much we don’t know. But well seems like it is possible to get a hypo even if you’re not diabetic :)

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have no idea why it happens, I were diagnosed with RH before turning diabetic. Haven’t had any problems with hypos after I started on insulin.

I think there is so much we don’t know. But well seems like it is possible to get a hypo even if you’re not diabetic :)
Definitely so much we don’t know. Nearly 5 years for me and im still learning so much each day .

Emie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
yes thatś normal, when I was non diabetic my level was usually between meals 4.5 ...
Thank you . Puts my mind at ease