Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello night owls, university got back to me with their decision. They want to keep me for another resubmission. But I can’t view the information with the link that they’ve provided to see if it’s this summer or next year. I’m guessing I passed the exam? Or they’ve scrapped my exam result and asked for a resubmission of coursework. But diabetes is going to experience stress again, only this time I’m armed with a libre sensor and Fiasp.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning, the birds haven't started singing yet!!!
Madam is only just acceptable 7.7. Do I correct now or wait for the inevitable rise while travelling around London?
Hope everyone has a good day and manages a walk in the sun

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, off to Hereford today after a modestly ok (but higher than I like) night. Going I’ve got the foot on the floor dose right before my two hour drive!

@SueJB - I’ll stay out of the sun as I turn to ash...

Still, I guess we’ll find out what this school’s policy is on visible tattoos if I need to shed a layer!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Made the most of my day off by clearing and planting my entire (tiny) garden, building my new swing seat and doing my tax return.

I wish there was a "Wow, Good grief!" emoji! I'll settle for goggle eyes :wideyed:

Turns out I rather like the sitting room almost empty. Wish I could just chuck some beanbags on the floor and not bother with any other furniture. I'd like that.

Reactions: SueJB and Antje77

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
My boss has sort of given up on expecting anything from me*, and now (because I'm strictly backroom and only have meetings with long term clients who I know well - and who know me ....) I get to wear jeans, T shirts, footwear of choice (or usually none at all). Also, tatts on view is not a problem. Just as well cos the new one gets done on Wednesday next week and its inner right forearm. Hard to miss ......

My old boss was really cool with it when I dyed my hair purple, then pink and then purple with pink streaks. I had lots of fun until I got bored with it.

*except hard work!

Reactions: karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

I do admit, I love the fact I can wear jeans and T-shirts at work and they are, in fact, deemed the most sensible workwear in Current Main Paid Workplace. Previous Main Paid Workplace had a ban on jeans, even for those of us who worked in the various workshops and were covered up with boiler suits all day, except when in the canteen.

I think I've finally caught up with the work I missed out on whilst off sick...

Reactions: hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, 5.4 just now. I just want to sleep but I needed to put the wash in urgently. I hope everyone has a nice day :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki I can't believe we are still bothering you about cake, but myself and I would like some delicious cake for breakfast with a scoop of ice cream on the side. :hilarious:

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know if my cream in coffee suppressed the period hunger but I could eat :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
CAKE for everyone.

Make me PM and I would pass a law which would make everyone have to eat one slice of cake per day as part of a calorie miscontrolled diet, plus at least a gallon of coffee or tea (ice optional) and would remove all tax on chocolate. :wideyed::cool::hungry::wacky:
We will be lining up outside your door with our bellies hanging out yelling "YASSSSSSSSSS" :hilarious:

Reactions: WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, diabetes, what's up with letting me wake up at 8.5 and a Libre graph showing it's been that high for at least 4 hours? If you want to act up, please do it during waking hours when I can do something about it.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, diabetes, what's up with letting me wake up at 8.5 and a Libre graph showing it's been that high for at least 4 hours? If you want to act up, please do it during waking hours when I can do something about it.
My graph was showing it upward step to hell during 6-7 hours, I'm like sorry diabetes what can I do?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, off to Hereford today after a modestly ok (but higher than I like) night. Going I’ve got the foot on the floor dose right before my two hour drive!

@SueJB - I’ll stay out of the sun as I turn to ash...

Still, I guess we’ll find out what this school’s policy is on visible tattoos if I need to shed a layer!
I'm more of a lobster