Ladies photoshoot - London 11th July? Closed, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you available for an all-expenses paid photoshoot in London on Thursday 11th July for a monthly women’s magazine?

We are looking for ladies with type 1 or type 2 diabetes who became self-conscious about their body image in relation to their diagnosis and now feel so confident about their bodies they are looking forward to hitting the beach this summer in bikinis. The photoshoot does require being in swimwear!

For more information please send your details ASAP to [email protected], or PM me, and I will forward your details to our PR folks.

Go for it ladies!

Thank you so much to those who have volunteered. It is very much appreciated, and I'm sure you'll have a good day, on the day. The thread is now being closed, but should anyone want to be involved in other things from time to time, in terms of raising awareness, please do get in contact, with me, by PM, or by email to [email protected] and your details will be forwarded to our PR people.

Last edited:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Where abouts in London is this happening???

Asking for a friend :watching::wideyed::angelic::hilarious:

D

Deleted Account

Where abouts in London is this happening???

Asking for a friend :watching::wideyed::angelic::hilarious:
Are you sure?
Or are you interested in peeking?
Or perhaps you want to extend your wardrobe from dresses to bikinis?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Are you sure?
Or are you interested in peeking?
Or perhaps you want to extend your wardrobe from dresses to bikinis?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

**COUGHS**
Really.....for a friend :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If swimwear includes a Victorian bathing hut, I’m up for it ;)

Reactions: porl69

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bump.

Anyone (else) interested?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bump.

Anyone (else) interested?

I am but what angle is this taking? I detest the whole ‘summer/beach/bikini body’ media rubbish that holds women up to unattainable standards. Any idea why it’s just women? What magazine is it?

Last edited:

DawnOfTheZed

I suppose you can't say the mag, but can you say what kind of genre? Women's lifestyle mag, weekend supplement, glamour mag!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am but what angle is this taking? I detest the whole ‘summer/beach/bikini body’ media rubbish that holds women up to unattainable standards. Any idea why it’s just women? What magazine is it?

Wiflib, I don't know any of the details myself, but would happily pass on your details (if you provided them) to the PR guys. Showing interest isn't a binding agreement to do anything. If you learned more, then deicded it wasn't for you, you could withdraw, before the shoot.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose you can't say the mag, but can you say what kind of genre? Women's lifestyle mag, weekend supplement, glamour mag!

I feel pretty certain it won't be a glamour mag.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Bikini shoot aimed at women. Isn't that a bit last century? Diabetes wrt T2 is not restricted to aesthetics i.e it is not all about weight loss.
Some are in danger of putting looks as the only reason to address a serious health problem. I am disappointed that the site elders agreed to put this idea to the forum.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bikini shoot aimed at women. Isn't that a bit last century? Diabetes wrt T2 is not restricted to aesthetics i.e it is not all about weight loss.
Some are in danger of putting looks as the only reason to address a serious health problem. I am disappointed that the site elders agreed to put this idea to the forum.

Guzzler, I'm not privy to too much info on the detail, but it could well be the magazine's readership is very largely female. However, if you note, from the OP, the objective is to find women living with diabetes, ".... who became self-conscious about their body image in relation to their diagnosis and now feel so confident about their bodies they are looking forward to hitting the beach this summer in bikinis."

It's about getting over a body image issue.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't see why the dress code is swimwear. That would certainly put me off if I lived close enough to volunteer. I would rather wear a nice evening dress or jeans and T-shirt!

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Guzzler, I'm not privy to too much info on the detail, but it could well be the magazine's readership is very largely female. However, if you note, from the OP, the objective is to find women living with diabetes, ".... who became self-conscious about their body image in relation to their diagnosis and now feel so confident about their bodies they are looking forward to hitting the beach this summer in bikinis."

It's about getting over a body image issue.
You may have a point. I await a call from a mag for the lads to get their tops off...

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wiflib, I don't know any of the details myself, but would happily pass on your details (if you provided them) to the PR guys. Showing interest isn't a binding agreement to do anything. If you learned more, then deicded it wasn't for you, you could withdraw, before the shoot.

Could you let them know that I would be interested please.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I never wore a bikini before diagnosis and don’t see why I should start now. I do think this is an odd request.

Status
Not open for further replies.