Libre users.. help!

Becca6510

Hi everyone.

I’m looking for some recommendations . I’m a libre user and loving it.. however now that it’s hot and I’m wearing sleeveless tops and dresses starting to feel a little self conscious and wanting to know if anyone’s tried any other sites? I’ve heard some say they wear it on their outer thigh but I’ve never heard much about it’s accuracy...

Can anyone give me any suggestions or stories of them trying other sites?

Thanks
Becca
Xo

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wear mine just on top of my bum/lower back i find the accuracy quite good no worse than when i wore it on my arm i could imagine getting knocked if placed on thigh i hope this helps

Reactions: kareeta

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone.

I’m looking for some recommendations . I’m a libre user and loving it.. however now that it’s hot and I’m wearing sleeveless tops and dresses starting to feel a little self conscious and wanting to know if anyone’s tried any other sites? I’ve heard some say they wear it on their outer thigh but I’ve never heard much about it’s accuracy...

Can anyone give me any suggestions or stories of them trying other sites?

Thanks
Becca
Xo

Becca - I'll tell you where I have worn sensors, but also remind you the sensors are still only supported by Abbott, on the upper arm. I have worn sensors on the side of my chest, to hide the sensor under a bikini top. Similary, I have work then on my lower abdomen, under my bikini bottom line.

The ones on my chest were very easy to apply, scan and so on. On my lower abdomen were equally discreet, but appearing to scan my groin looked odd, according to my OH. Additionally, I almost tore that one off pulling tight jeans down, in a rush in the loo.

Becca6510

Becca - I'll tell you where I have worn sensors, but also remind you the sensors are still only supported by Abbott, on the upper arm. I have worn sensors on the side of my chest, to hide the sensor under a bikini top. Similary, I have work then on my lower abdomen, under my bikini bottom line.

The ones on my chest were very easy to apply, scan and so on. On my lower abdomen were equally discreet, but appearing to scan my groin looked odd, according to my OH. Additionally, I almost tore that one off pulling tight jeans down, in a rush in the loo.

Ahhh! I just want somewhere a bit more discreet! It’s hard because I want it to be accurate too! Thanks everyone for their suggestions x

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just also want to mention if you are using the Libre to test while driving it is only authorised on your arm xx

D

Deleted Account

Just also want to mention if you are using the Libre to test while driving it is only authorised on your arm xx
I also read somewhere (although this may not be true) if you are using the Miaomiao to convert the Libre into a CGM, technically any readings through the Miaomiao are not accepted ... but I think they may struggle to prosecute on this.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I just put it in the usual place on the current arm and go with it, short sleeves, no sleeves or long sleeves. I felt a bit self conscious to begin with but my only worry now is that it may be a bit easier to dislodge it if someone passes me with a bad case of backpack or shoulder bag awareness.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I always put them on the inside of my arms. Abbotts do not replace them if you tell them they are anywhere else than your upper arm!

Reactions: Becca6510

Becca6510

I just put it in the usual place on the current arm and go with it, short sleeves, no sleeves or long sleeves. I felt a bit self conscious to begin with but my only worry now is that it may be a bit easier to dislodge it if someone passes me with a bad case of backpack or shoulder bag awareness.

It’s weird I’ve been wearing it for years, but Ive been struggling a little bit anxiety wise and I’m kinda sick of all the questions when I wear a strappy top

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wear mine on the upper, slightly inside of mid-line, thigh and find it as accurate (and as comfortable) as anywhere else.
Yes, I need to be careful when pulling down jeans/underpants but, fingers crossed, have got into the habit of not ripping it off.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It’s weird I’ve been wearing it for years, but Ive been struggling a little bit anxiety wise and I’m kinda sick of all the questions when I wear a strappy top

I can sympathise with that. Maybe, as I’m a bit older tho only just getting a bit grey, they assume I’m a daft old bat who doesn’t know her family have sent her out with a security tracker

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its upper arm for me ...i like the attention tbh ive met some lovely people on holidays from all over the world some libre users, some not , some diabetic some not ...when i see someone libred up we always spark up a conversation of some sort ..we have something in common and its usually not English thats how i go but its not everyones thing

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Copernicus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Don't be embaressed or ashamed to be seen using the Libre, it;s becoming more and more common to see people openly wearing them. Seen people wearing them on the beach in just their swimwear.

Reactions: Becca6510

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like @Fairygodmother it must be an age thing. I am 60 this year and no longer care what anyone thinks about me and what I do. Even went swimming this morning with hairy legs. Wouldn’t have dared do that when younger. Older age is strangely liberating.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Like @Fairygodmother it must be an age thing. I am 60 this year and no longer care what anyone thinks about me and what I do. Even went swimming this morning with hairy legs. Wouldn’t have dared do that when younger. Older age is strangely liberating.

Wonderfully liberating! Though I’m not sure I’d be willing to do some of the liberated things we got up to in the 60’s again.