Woo-hoo!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got my latest HbA1c result.....36..... bit pleased about that.

Still waiting for cholesterol levels - hoping they're going in the same direction!
@LindsayJane congraulations on a Stirling result and reduction great work. Nothing like seeing a result when you make a concerted effort to change things and take control of your own life. Expert result well done you..

Reactions: LindsayJane

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
@LindsayJane congraulations on a Stirling result and reduction great work. Nothing like seeing a result when you make a concerted effort to change things and take control of your own life. Expert result well done you..
Thank you @shelley262. Let's hope the choleserol levels mirror this success!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @shelley262. Let's hope the choleserol levels mirror this success!
Cholesterol is complex and a high number is not automatically a health issue - says me who still has high cholesterol but a current hbaca1 of 29. The more research you do the less you’ll worry but I hope you get the result you are hoping for.

Reactions: LindsayJane

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cholesterol is complex and a high number is not automatically a health issue - says me who still has high cholesterol but a current hbaca1 of 29. The more research you do the less you’ll worry but I hope you get the result you are hoping for.
A downward trend is all I want so as I can argue against taking statins. HDL was 7.9 last time - I'd be happy with anything below that.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A downward trend is all I want so as I can argue against taking statins. HDL was 7.9 last time - I'd be happy with anything below that.
Hope you had a full lipid panel? If so you can post your breakdown and get help and advice especially from those like @bulkbiker who are experts on the subject.
My total cholesterol was 13.7 and last test think about 8 - I’m due another soon but much more important than the total is the ratio of the numbers........ do the research it’s not about arguing with hps it’s finding out and making your own decisions about your body. But I know it’s not easy I have still got pressure from hps but it’s my decision and choice as it is yours.
Edit to add https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/cholesterol-and-statins.156985/

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hope you had a full lipid panel? If so you can post your breakdown and get help and advice especially from those like @bulkbiker who are experts on the subject.
My total cholesterol was 13.7 and last test think about 8 - I’m due another soon but much moreReply important than the total is the ratio of the numbers........ do the research it’s not about arguing with hps it’s finding out and making your own decisions about your body. But I know it’s not easy I have still got pressure from hps but it’s my decision and choice as it is yours.
Edit to add https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/cholesterol-and-statins.156985/
Yes it was and yes I will. Bulkbiker has already put my mind at rest about it and I'm not overly worried; I just don't want the doc to try and convince me to take statins. So far, they've been very good and fully supportive of my following LCHF/ketosis, but I've seen a different doctor every appointment and I'm never sure how a new one will react. I'm quite capable of holding my own corner though and at least the DN, who is always the same person, is 'on my side'. Thank you for your comments - really appreciated xx

Reactions: Prem51