Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Big cwtch @Mel dCP.

I’m back up to 3.8 now. Expecting highs later but might just try to only correct with half of what I think I need to stop another cliff dive.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys. Need advice. I was just injecting my thigh of lantas. But after the stuff went in the injection came out. Was meant to hold it for 10-20secs. Just worried if it all went in OK.

Hi,

OK. Don't panic. Just keep an eye (a little closer than you normally would.) on yer BGs then correct any highs with the Nova if appropriate?

Was it a new needle with the lantus? I'm not sure what your personal dose is, but I'm confident more went in than out.
Do you use disposables pens or the reusable AllStar pro for lantus?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hypo central here. Arrived home from supermarket in a sweat, thought it was the weather, tested, it was my bloods. Have just eaten roughly half the shopping, this is going to be bad.

Supermarket expeditions sometimes get me like that too?

But no shopping today.

Oddly, thought it was the heat changed into my shorts from my work wear. & sat out front.
A very light G&T perusing the forum and then, hello?!! Sweating, has the nominal amount of gin hit me that hard?
2.6... Back up at 6 now.
Lol, I haven't even had dinner yet, (planning a Greek salad, so no basal in the system yet...The heat does make me insulin sensitive.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Clearly we’re all dropping like crazy today. Stay safe everyone!

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use 15 units of lantus with 7 Humalog in the evenings.
Hi,

OK. Don't panic. Just keep an eye (a little closer than you normally would.) on yer BGs then correct any highs with the Nova if appropriate?

Was it a new needle with the lantus? I'm not sure what your personal dose is, but I'm confident more went in than out.
Do you use disposables pens or the reusable AllStar pro for lantus?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a hypo shopping in Tesco. My bf noticed I was slurring and couldn’t lift small light items. 2.2 and I ate half of the snacks we bought

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Just scanned and I'm 2.4 so two gf Jaffa cakes and expecting an Everest climb during the next few hours, feeling zonked and want to go to bed zzzzzzzz

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After 4 biscuits, 50g of crisps and 200ml of coke, it went up to 6.1. Now I’m zonked out I have a plan, well stack of work to do tomorrow, sweet dreams.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Just scanned and I'm 2.4 so two gf Jaffa cakes and expecting an Everest climb during the next few hours, feeling zonked and want to go to bed zzzzzzzz

Morning everyone, TGIF :) I certainly climbed Everest during the twilight hours :wideyed: so have corrected for that and hope to descend to the safety of base camp in one piece, diabetes :arghh::banghead: :rolleyes:

Looks like another lovely day outside, so have a good day everyone :)

Reactions: hh1

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning nice straight 5s all night whoop! Now to mess it up with swimfit. Fridays here folks and the weather looks good. BBQ planned for tomorrow but must cut the grass and weed today. Garden has had no attention since we went to Mull 3 weeks ago-too much rain!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Not a hypo here, though I came close a couple of times yesterday Yes! Mid-afternoon Party Samosa conquered along with students eying the samosa up then asking if I had my injection as they didn't see me leave the room, which I do if the room is busy or crowded.

However definitely the lowest FBG ever in Japes world! Combination of heat and back in usual evening post-meal walking routine properly now is my educated guess. Or staying up very late doing a bit of very nostalgic research which may also involve getting out the case of paperwork from the 1980s. I'd idly googled the name of the French pen-friend I'd had from the time we were both involved in school French exchanges, had lost contact with after we both left uni, other than an occasional Christmas Card, which stopped in the late 90s. then what I found sent me down a rabbit warren of frustrating hints of information in trying to work out just if and when she died. (I think in a pre-social media and ubiquitous internet era,)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone hypo central here too pure orange drank and rising nicely im off on me jollies next week do you guys lower basal in the hot weather i cant remember any way have a good day everyone yay its friday

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning chaps. Thoughts and prayers plz. I have to teach a class of 12 year olds about relationships this morning...

I think I'd rather have had the RE and Music!! Good luck!

Me, I've got to coax two reluctant souls through the very last of their written work which may also involve me struggling not to speak my mind freely and frankly about what the heck other colleagues have been doing whilst sat next to them "supporting" for the hours I know they've been chatting about anything other than English or Maths.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Starting the day at a happy 5.3

Busy work morning then this afternoon I have an afternoon of sorting into donate/chuck/keep and the keep pile had better be small. I don't have much space in the craft room to try and fit it into. Also read an excellent piece of advice - if you own more stuff then there is storage for it, the answer is not "buy more storage"; it is "you have too much stuff". Wouldn't work for everyone, but it works for me.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good morning everyone hypo central here too pure orange drank and rising nicely im off on me jollies next week do you guys lower basal in the hot weather i cant remember any way have a good day everyone yay its friday

I don't lower my basal but I do run a slightly different ratios, so that I allow 1 for 4 or 5g at breakfast instead of 1:3 and increase the lunch and dinner ratios too.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
Is the sky going to clear or did summer just happen yesterday while I was working? I don't like London underground it's smelly and the people are smelly too.

@Robinredbreast I think I must have been climbing Everest too, smacked Madam's 17.2 just now and waiting.

On something else...........Has anyone got any idea how/when/why to bolus for protein? No idea what to do about this but think because I eat a fair amount in comparison to carbs, think I need to get some info and do some reading.
Thoughts and links would be nice

Enjoy Friday

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@SueJB - for protein bolus for half. So 20g protein equals 10g worth of insulin. Generally! But some find different protein hits differently.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@SueJB - I'm pretty sure I read that you bolus but at half the rate you would for carbs ie. instead of 1:5 or whatever, use 1:10

I think either @helensaramay or @Mel dCP know about this - or may be more certain than I as to how it's done. Not something I do and judging by results, so far I don't need to (thankfully).

See @Diakat has posted with info already. Yay!