Type 2 Goodbye to T2 Diabetes?

D

Deleted member 308541

Just my thoughts @JoshuaCor it sound like a snake oil fix.

I would not waste my time or money trying it, when eating moderate LCHF meals worked for me and countless others on this forum.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anything that mentions a study then doesn't link to it is extremely dodgy in my humble etc etc.. best ignored..
Save your money and cut out carbs... many of us have achieved great things doing that simple thing.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As @DCUKMod said on a similar thread recently, if it was that good why aren’t they prescribing it on the NHS?!

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
As @DCUKMod said on a similar thread recently, if it was that good why aren’t they prescribing it on the NHS?!

The problem is the nhs don’t prescribe or recommend LCHF either. And well that works.

I’m not saying the article is good, just that it’s difficult to use the argument about nhs prescribing when very few drs advocate LCHF either,

M

Member496333

Load of rubbish. Firstly the ‘study’ was published by Lancet, which makes it instant ******** in a sachet. Secondly it doesn’t even describe what the remedy is before you are supposed to buy it.

Richard'63

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
It is a well known scam. And that website is a pretty poor attempt as well, a single low quality page website that cost the author absolutely nothing.

Edit.
I've just had a closer look at the page linked above. It has two functions, first is to harvest emails if anybody signs up to the blog, the second is an affiliate marketing (Clickbank) if anybody presses the Click here section. The page doesn't do anything except those two things.
May I suggest that a Moderator edits out the link from the original post on this thread.
@Brunneria , @DCUKMod

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem is the nhs don’t prescribe or recommend LCHF either. And well that works.

I’m not saying the article is good, just that it’s difficult to use the argument about nhs prescribing when very few drs advocate LCHF either,

The Diabetes.co.uk Low Carb Programme is approved by the NHS and available on prescription.

Reactions: Tophat1900

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You beat me to it @Brunneria I was about to say that too!

Yeah. I should have added 'good luck with finding a doctor who has heard of the LCP and who is willing to prescribe it' but it is definitely available for those that have, and are.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
'Imagine for a moment how that would feel when the weight is dropping off, watching your blood sugar readings drop day by day, the feeling when your wife or husband looks at you with lust, with desire again, just as they used to in the past'...…..ha ha ha, I loved this bit!!!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You wouldn't believe the amount of work it has taken to get the Low Carb Programme to the position it is in now.

It is being prescribed on the NHS, and some areas are actively trialling it, or working towards trialling it. Any change within the NHS runs at a toruously slow pace. It's not just for Diabetes, but for all changes.

Reactions: lovinglife

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if Dr Howard of what became the Cambridge diet had problems?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"
We see this kind of scam all of the time. It is an almost textbook scheme by which Internet marketers overcharge consumers for dubious information, much of which is readily available on the Net for free. The typical price charged by these other scammers is $37….identical to what the Diabetes Miracle Cure marketers want to charge your credit card. We dug a bit into this particular Diabetes scheme.
The emails hawking the Halki cure send you to an even slicker web site asking for the “low price” of $37 for a guaranteed to cure diabetes. Is it a scam? Is it a rip-off? Does it work? You’ll never find out from the websites, largely because of an increasingly pernicious Internet industry that offers fake product review sites. You’ll also never be able to find out about the credentials of Eric Whitfield because he doesn’t exist. So, should you spend the $37? We recommend not, for the following six reasons:

1. There’s a reason these sales pitches are slick — they spend a lot of marketing money to get it to you. Who is paying for that? You are!
2. If you look for a review of the product, you are deluged with lots of fake review or scam sites that simply direct you to the main sales site or offer some pablum talking about how the product is highly rated or recommended. (such as scamX.comand infoscamreviews.com) The marketers for this service paid to have these fake sites thwart any customer looking for real reviews.
3. The author of Halki Remedy doesn't exist. His name is alleged to be Eric Whitfield. He’s described as a “’s just a regular guy like you and I, but he almost lost his wife to Type 2 Diabetes. This is when he sought out to do his own research and to find the real cause of diabetes and what to do about it”. They’ve even created a fake university-sponsored website to make it look as though there’s some science behind this scam. But the page is a fake, just like the Halki remedy. Contrahealthscam.com and other web sites have figured out that Whitfield’s picture is simply a stock photo you can buy at Shutterstock.com, Deposit Photos, 123RF.com etc.!
4. The real author of this scheme is one of the Agora scamsters who have littered the Internet with these kinds of health scams such as scams Pure Natural Healing, Hard on Demand and NutriO2 . Check out the Clickbank affiliate ad below for the real behind-the-scene details about this particular scam:
That’s right. This offering promises its “affiliates” $29.58 from the $37 that you send to Halki. They brag that they average “up to $292 per sale”. They are counting on upsales to pad their profit margin and pay-off the affiliate marketers.
5. To buy the Diabetes “modules”, you are required to use Clickbank. This Internet payment gateway has generated a number of complaints about difficulties in securing refunds and getting responses. It is unregulated and known to serve unscrupulous businesses. It is akin to going into the wrong bar in a bad neighborhood; they may serve the same booze but you’d not want to hang with the other patrons.
6. Perhaps most importantly, there is an abundance of free or low-cost diabetes prevention information on the Internet."

https://www.sandiegocan.org/2019/04/22/scam-alert-halki-diabetes-cure-is-baloney/

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
The Diabetes.co.uk Low Carb Programme is approved by the NHS and available on prescription.

Really?
So how come we keep hearing that we have to eat carbs and reduce fat?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really?

I think it’s because it’s a relatively new development and Drs and nurses have yet to catch up.

D

Deleted member 308541

Really?
My GP and CDE have never said this to me. They have commented very favourably towards the LCHF meal plan, and how it has helped me get my bgl down where I have had it for the last couple of years.