Flying with Omnipod for the first time

nico7586

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys ,

I’m hoping someone can offer some advice . I’m due to fly on Thursday with the omnipod for the first time , and I’ve read online that you need to disconnect your pump for take off and landing due to changes in cabin pressure which can result in over- delivery. I’ve read a few horror stories, so I just wondered if anyone else has had these experiences or the way they overcome it ?

Thank you :)
I have flown with my omnipod to Belize and Mexico an their is no need to do anything with the Pump except to change the time difference. I use the pod whilst swimming in the sea and it works very well with no problems with the adhesive. When I arrived at the airport at Heathrow I gave the pump to a security officer who took it away from the scanners and did a swab to check for explosive. I had no problems in Miami and Belize either. During flight and landing I had no leakage from the pod.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have flown with my omnipod to Belize and Mexico an their is no need to do anything with the Pump except to change the time difference. I use the pod whilst swimming in the sea and it works very well with no problems with the adhesive. When I arrived at the airport at Heathrow I gave the pump to a security officer who took it away from the scanners and did a swab to check for explosive. I had no problems in Miami and Belize either. During flight and landing I had no leakage from the pod.

Guess you mean you gave them your spare pods ?, or are they remove-able now ?