What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian

Thank you yes been high for some time and not really in range

I’m happy to be In single figures even 7,8,9s

Have yourself a good weekend - any plans?

Regards
Ian
I have followed your troubles and am really pleased for you. Weekend plans include watching cricket on Sunday maybe interspersed with grass cutting. Tomorrow may be too hot for grass cutting unless I start early so I may just end up paying deposit and signing paperwork for new house. How does wispa cope with the heat?

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The wife has decided that it's time she sorted my health issues for me, so she arranged two doctors appointments today.

I went to see a nephrologist this morning, I have absolutely no symptoms or blood analysis results to suggest that I need a nephrologist (which he also confirmed after examining me). But he is a friend and asked to see me on a friends basis after my wife rang him to advise him of my latest issues (without my knowledge, I only found out afterwards). Anyway, our meeting lasted two and a half hours this morning and I was not charged anything so I guess I should not complain. It was very generous of him.

Thst was in the morning, in the afternoon i spend another hour and a half going over the same medical history and being examined by a haematologist. A very nice young lady who seemed to know her staff.

The result of the two sessions is that I should now do more blood and urine tests testing for all sorts of weird and wonderful (and to me scary) staff viruses, auto immune conditions as we go in search for an explanation of the underlying cause for my aneamia, elevated inflamation indicators and weight loss.

I was also asked to meet with a clinical dietician to be given a more balanced diet, which I politely declined/put off for later.

And I also need a heart echo and possibly CT or pet scan. Almost forgot, I may also have to do some kind of small intestine examination which involves swallowing some kind of small capsule/camera.

Oh fun and games!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The wife has decided that it's time she sorted my health issues for me, so she arranged two doctors appointments today.

I went to see a nephrologist this morning, I have absolutely no symptoms or blood analysis results to suggest that I need a nephrologist (which he also confirmed after examining me). But he is a friend and asked to see me on a friends basis after my wife rang him to advise him of my latest issues (without my knowledge, I only found out afterwards). Anyway, our meeting lasted two and a half hours this morning and I was not charged anything so I guess I should not complain. It was very generous of him.

Thst was in the morning, in the afternoon i spend another hour and a half going over the same medical history and being examined by a haematologist. A very nice young lady who seemed to know her staff.

The result of the two sessions is that I should now do more blood and urine tests testing for all sorts of weird and wonderful (and to me scary) staff viruses, auto immune conditions as we go in search for an explanation of the underlying cause for my aneamia, elevated inflamation indicators and weight loss.

I was also asked to meet with a clinical dietician to be given a more balanced diet, which I politely declined/put off for later.

And I also need a heart echo and possibly CT or pet scan. Almost forgot, I may also have to do some kind of small intestine examination which involves swallowing some kind of small capsule/camera.

Oh fun and games!
Good news from the nephrologist and very caring of your wife to arrange both consultations. All sounds quite daunting but you will emerge much better informed and able to continue the excellent progress you have been making. Best wishes and if you feel like sharing I am sure we would love to hear of your successes.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a 5.8 on the dice, interesting chat about coppers, we had a coal fired back boiler that would occasionally make the water in the tank boil and rumble, we would have to run off the hot water in the old cast iron bath and completely steam up the bathroom like a sauna.

Sounds like a good way to heat the bathroom! My current bathroom doesn't have heat or AC.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1561750079704.jpg
    FB_IMG_1561750079704.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 255

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
For those with no sense of humour don't bother reading this post. It will only offend you.

Well that was an interesting Friday, 90 odd and even miles on 2 totally different motorbikes and a bike sat nag that has its own ideas, but doesn't throw a hissy fit when you go your own way.

Then to cap it all when I get home I have to mow the back lawn.
For sale one Mrs J
Ps not interested in part exchange for Mrs J, once scorched twice shy.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For those with no sense of humour don't bother reading this post. It will only offend you.

Well that was an interesting Friday, 90 odd and even miles on 2 totally different motorbikes and a bike sat nag that has its own ideas, but doesn't throw a hissy fit when you go your own way.

Then to cap it all when I get home I have to mow the back lawn.
For sale one Mrs J
Ps not interested in part exchange for Mrs J, once scorched twice shy.

As Peter O'Toole reminded Omar Sharif: nothing is written.

"have to" is only written in sand.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.3 at 5am

I checked blood glucose last night, and it threw me an 11.8. And I have no idea why.

The app promises at least 25 C today

Too hot for me and my asthma. So I will retire to the potting shed.

Potting shed ? You say. Won’t that be hotter and insufferable?

Actually no, because you know all that rain we had earlier this year, well, my garden grew. It’s a wild garden anyway for the wild life. I had cut it all down to 5 feet anyway in winter, but it’s all over 20 feet or more by now. This means the potting shed is surrounded and covered by greenery. It’s actually cool and pleasant in there.

I live higher up so it takes the sun awhile to climb the sky and reach me....

Clove oil is amazing!!!

Black coffee, and then a few odd jobs in the bungalow before the heat is felt.

Have a good day.
Find a comfortable spot.
Chill out.
Read.
And take your clove oil...

>^..^<

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll be staying indoors I avoid full sun whenever I can...sounds like a good plan gennepher...we have a summer house at the end of the garden but it's in full sun so unbearably hot...I'll try to get Harry out for a walk early he suffers in the heat too.

It is far too hot for the cats and dogs.
Last year Popeye suffered from heat exhaustion on the hottest day. He collapsed. I thought I had lost him. But I had a necktie with beads you soak in water and put round your neck. So I soaked the beads. Tied it round his neck and under his belly. And half hour later he came round. He was woozy for a bit, but was most disgruntled when he realised he had to walk around the rest of the day with this wet necktie round him.

So, keep an eye on Harry. A small wet t-shirt if he is too hot (child’s, I had baby ones for my small dog if it was too hot, and I put a wet t-shirt on her when she was suffering from heat).

>^..^<

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a very foggy North East on my way into work at 5am makes for interesting driving what with the amount of people who don't put their headlights on (it's a pet hate for me) well the meter of doom threw, petulantly I may add, a 5.9 at me at 4:30 I think its as peeved as me to be up at that hour so I have left it seething in the corner until I gently prod it awake at 8am to potentially ruin my day or not (the suspense is killing me, actually its not) anyway take care everyone. And enjoy your weekend I will when this torture of being at work ends.