What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a 5.8 on the dice, also into work today but looking forward to a church outing to the seaside tomorrow, on't charabang to Skegvegas.
Have a good day everybody, stay safe in the sun you know we're not used to it.

Viv19

Sounds like a good way to heat the bathroom! My current bathroom doesn't have heat or AC.

It hardly did Saskia. My grandparents had the geyser in the bathroom, but don’t forget there was only ever a single, probably ill fitting draughty pane of glass in the window and the bathroom was usually freezing. In mid winter literally with ice on the inside. So the geyser only ever raised the temperature a couple of degrees.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Social obligation does sound rather grand.

The reality is a lot less glamorous.

I have to attend a memorial service for my great uncle who passed away a month ago whose funeral I was unable to attend as it was held in the UK and I was unable to travel at the time.

Summer house or not, the beach is the important part and that is free to all
I, too, dream of the beach, but I have neither social obligations nor a summer house.

e2cfc455-a8e2-402c-9985-723d529c0568.c9.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@trick60 and @johnpol sympathy for having to work today and @gennepher hope the shade of the potting shed and the clove oil work for you. @pavlosn that image is gorgeous and I imagine the summer house would be amazing but attending the memorial service is the right call. So, my fbg was 4.3 at 6.00 am which like all readings may only be tangentially linked to reality. Absolutely loved Skegvegas and charabang @trick60 so enjoy the outing. @Viv19 I hope the toe soon heals and gave a like rather than a hug since post seemed optimistic for next week Have a great day folks.
ETA: @Bildad great ideas for keeping the dogs cool and top, top fella for preparing the food you can't eat for others.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, keep an eye on Harry
We're off shortly for a quick walk before it heats up gennepher...in our local park we have a small river that run through it so early on it's cool with a good breeze...Harry has dug himself several trenches under the hedge in the garden where he finds his own shade...far too hot for him if we go too late.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Last night a very low 4.2 so liver working perfectly to bring blood sugars up ready to get up this morning. Felt last night that I was having a hypo and did wonder if I should have a snack before bed. Then reminded myself that I am not on. insulin any more and decided to leave my liver to sort it.

This morning will walk dogs. The rest of the day they will spend on the cool tiles by the front door - their favourite place when it's hot. I have to work today - but I have aircon so it won't be too bad. I don't like aircon but will appreciate it today.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 when I got up after my lie in to 6.30.
I also have a social engagement today. A church friendship meal - a choice of pie or lasagne both off limits to me on LCHF. To make things worse I have to cook cheese & onion pie for 15. I will be having salad I guess!!!!
On the pet / heat theme I have a kids hard plastic green paddling pool that my 2 have had since being pups that come out in this sort of weather I put it in a shady spot and they love splashing in it well one of them does the other one isn't that keen on water. I also make dog ice lollies (for dogs not from dog before I offend someone!!) I buy fruit baby food pouches and dilute with water and freeze sometimes I add chopped up strawberries too.
Better go and get them walked
Take care

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a little tired today possibly still recovering from my work marathon on Wednesday & Thursday...or could it be staying up late watching Glastonbury...Stormzy was brilliant...a very quick breakfast then off for a walk...to try to bring my huge 7.3 FBG down...maybe I shouldn't have eaten that huge bag of crisps...oops.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy busy week

Probably about a week behind so here goes:
5.8 today

Happy to be back in the 5s. Cut down on mixed nuts. And less red wine! I knew what the culprit was fortunately. 2nd glass of red = more mixed nuts.

The weather is scorching, not just here but all over Europe! Nice to see the sun, long may it last. Posting this now then reading a few posts throughout the day to catch up on things.

Happy weekend to all you lovely folk.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 this morning it seems 5s are eluding me atm.
I have a few errands early washing, ironing (tomo) but otherwise in the shade and when the sun is low enough with a G&ST with lots of ice in hand.
@gennepher glad to see the clove oil is helping. @Viv19 hope the toe continues to heal well. @Bubbsie I feel for Harry trying to keep cool and other dogs. My cats are pretty good at staying inthe shady rooms indoors and are drinking lots of water. I think they found it difficult last year when we had prolonged high temps. Our weather is due to drop 10 degrees over the next 36 hours.
Anyway enjoy the sunshine if you can. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The funeral yesterday went very well, glad I decided to dig out my mesh riding gear, it was quite warm.

The wheel of osmolality, ADH and complaining kidneys must have overheated yesterday. Played merry hell last night and eventually decided upon a wimpish 5.8 at 0600.

My turn to carry out the fortnightly hygiene inspection at the GP practice this morning so white cotton gloves, a rusty nail and an old toothbrush all at the ready.

Have a great day if you can, lots of water for the aminiles

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I have followed your troubles and am really pleased for you. Weekend plans include watching cricket on Sunday maybe interspersed with grass cutting. Tomorrow may be too hot for grass cutting unless I start early so I may just end up paying deposit and signing paperwork for new house. How does wispa cope with the heat?

Wispa finds the shade whenever she’s in the garden

She will sunbathe for around 10 minutes and then get up and walk to where there is a shaded place

Ian good luck with the house move

We downsized in 2016 to a house with a teeny weeny garden as the old garden was like a park and too big for me to manage

Here’s what it was like

IMG_5010.jpg

And here’s what we have now

IMG_1561793821.796717.jpg

Have a good weekend IAN

Regards
Ian

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wispa finds the shade whenever she’s in the garden

She will sunbathe for around 10 minutes and then get up and walk to where there is a shaded place

Ian good luck with the house move

We downsized in 2016 to a house with a teeny weeny garden as the old garden was like a park and too big for me to manage

Here’s what it was like

View attachment 33988

And here’s what we have now

View attachment 33989
Have a good weekend IAN

Regards
Ian
Great news about wispa and the shade. We are downsizing the land maybe 10 years earlier than I wanted but grandchildren care is also forcing the move. Your previous garden looks lovely - we have an orchard area, a vegetable area, chickens , children'splay areas and about 4 hours a week grass cutting which will go down to 10/15 minutes a week so I understand the effort involved in managing larger gardens. Could easily fit 10 of the new house, with much larger gardens, onto this plot. Is your 4.1 today a little low or just on the border?