Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Drink plenty of fluids, (water.) avoid alcahol. (Day off, could be tempting in a social environment.?) & direct sunlight for prolonged periods don't do me any favours.. Not without a hat anyway. :cool:

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find loose fitting draping clothes in natural fibres work better than scanty clothes. A hat, sunglasses and a folding fan (like the old fashioned Spanish type) in my purse helps, especially if you have to travel on public transit. You can also get a plastic spray bottle that you can set to mist and spritz yourself periodically. Move slowly, get up super early if you have to do anything physical or want to exercise or wait till after sundown. Swim or if that isn't an option, a kiddy pool on the patio dunk as needed and sit in front of a fan while wet! and...iced coffee.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
We had a warm winters day here yesterday the temp got to 25° celcius here in Bundy.

Ya gotta slip, slop, slap bro'.

Ah. The slip, slop slap campaign. Who'd have thought it was needed in the UK? It was 32 degrees C today.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah. The slip, slop slap campaign. Who'd have thought it was needed in the UK? It was 32 degrees C today.

The year I was diagnosed, the summer of 76. I got scorched in a heatwave just playing in a West country garden.

D

Deleted member 308541

he summer of 76. I got scorched in a heatwave just playing in a West country garden.
I froze my backside off in January 76, clearing snow off the footpath at my sisters house in Surrey.